2022 Rumors?

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Don’t they sometimes add colors during the MY? I had to wait until August last year to order a JL Sahara in Snazzberry. They may pull that again.
But every manufacturer seems to be feeling the pinch on the microchips. It’s a wonder how they’re making new vehicles at all. I read an article that Ford has enough F150’s waiting for microchips to choke a horse. So I’m wondering if FCA may end up in the same boat eventually.
That would make sense because they discontinued Nacho and started accepting Gecko orders. I remember seeing when the 2021 colors released, Nacho and Gecko replaced Gobi and Gator.
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Yeah it's apparently normal for color swaps to occur throughout the MY.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer in Idaho said they were told December for MY22.

Guess I'm waiting longer to order my JL to go with the JT. If they offer Gator Color it will be all worth it.

Banjomule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK
That would make sense because they discontinued Nacho and started accepting Gecko orders. I remember seeing when the 2021 colors released, Nacho and Gecko replaced Gobi and Gator.
Yeah, it seems like they frequently add and remove a few colors throughout the year, but usually a new order guide comes out with the new colors. When Gecko became available on the wrangler last month it was is the May order guide. There hasn’t been a new order guide for gladiators since April (at least not one posted here), so I’m wondering if a new order guide came out for June or if they would have the option become available without it being in an order guide.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Jeep has, in the past, used "fun" colors as a way to bump sales when units were slowing down. Jeep has also said they want to be careful with fun colors because they "don't want anything freaky sitting on a dealer's lot" unsold.

Taken together, in the context of the microchip shortage, I'm guessing Jeep sees no reason to goose the sales of a production considering that:

a) is already selling well
b) they're (surely) having difficulty meeting demand in light of supply shortages.

Don't know, but just my 2-cents.

Sponsored

paretile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
I think this sales person may have been mistaken.

20CDDEEC-A8C2-4E1D-BE28-398DE29BB63E.jpeg
From the same contact today:

“We received message from headquarters that you will be able to order 21 Jeep Gladiators through June and starting in July the orders will be 22. I have not heard of any new colors at this time for the 22 year.”

I think it is a guessing game, even for the dealers, so I will avoid speculation.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
“We received message from headquarters that you will be able to order 21 Jeep Gladiators through June and starting in July the orders will be 22. I have not heard of any new colors at this time for the 22 year.”
Well that is at least in line with last year; new order guide came out on July 1. What's weird this year is the lack of updated guides in the interim (May, now June).

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Here's some non-speculation: Jeep is intentionally tight lipped about model year changeover, color release dates, etc., because they want people to buy now rather than wait. The way the internets work, if pretty much anyone at all finds out anything at all, it gets out and everyone knows immediately. At corporate, I doubt there are too many people who really have much in the way of clues. Dealers are WAYYYYYYYYY down the list of people in the "need to know" camp. Salesman are guaranteed not even in the same teepee as that totem pole. I used to be an engineer in the industry, and we did security software for dealerships with a product specifically answering the issue of sales people turnover. The average tenure at the time (2015-2016) was something like 6 weeks, and data theft was a huge problem. I'd be willing to bet some serious dollars that there are measures in place to make sure salespeople know as nothing as possible about any such thing.

Said another way (and this goes for a wide variety of topics), if a salesperson says it, it's probably not true.

Last edited:

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So I was reading another thread on here and saw a dealership closer to me(instead of traveling to Gupton) that was offering 7% below invoice, but this gentleman stated that the deal was over in early May and now they are doing 5% till the end of the week. Blah blah blah. Anyways I told him I wanted to wait for a 22 to see if anything changes colors, features, etc and he said well you’re going to be waiting a good bit. B/c of the chip shortage everything is being pushed back. 22’s are not gonna started till the 2nd week of December so realistically you won’t see it till February. Also wondering if this works in there favor finalizing the 4xe gladiator. But hearing another report of this makes me think that builds are not opening in July.

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
So I was reading another thread on here and saw a dealership closer to me(instead of traveling to Gupton) that was offering 7% below invoice, but this gentleman stated that the deal was over in early May and now they are doing 5% till the end of the week. Blah blah blah. Anyways I told him I wanted to wait for a 22 to see if anything changes colors, features, etc and he said well you’re going to be waiting a good bit. B/c of the chip shortage everything is being pushed back. 22’s are not gonna started till the 2nd week of December so realistically you won’t see it till February. Also wondering if this works in there favor finalizing the 4xe gladiator. But hearing another report of this makes me think that builds are not opening in July.
IDK man, that person is specifically incentivized to make you think that. I'll wait for July to make a call.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I have heard basically the same time line from 3 dealers. I don't think they are on a private network. My local dealer will do an order no sweat. They told me private orders are priority builds and he has almost nothing on the lot now

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
IDK man, that person is specifically incentivized to make you think that. I'll wait for July to make a call.
At the same time though he wasn’t pushy at all. Someone already did a follow up call with me, I was like jeez that was fast and I told them what I was looking for and he gave me the same answer yeah the chip shortage everything is being pushed back…..
I don’t know what to believe. If it’s July or December.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
At the same time though he wasn’t pushy at all. Someone already did a follow up call with me, I was like jeez that was fast and I told them what I was looking for and he gave me the same answer yeah the chip shortage everything is being pushed back…..
I don’t know what to believe. If it’s July or December.
I think the least I am willing to do is wait on a new order guide. That is supposed to be a monthly thing, but last happened in April.

If the color I wanted was available now I would have already ordered. At this point it's like a sunk cost fallacy for me to keep waiting, but it is what it is.
Sponsored