2022 Rumors?

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I think the least I am willing to do is wait on a new order guide. That is supposed to be a monthly thing, but last happened in April.

If the color I wanted was available now I would have already ordered. At this point it's like a sunk cost fallacy for me to keep waiting, but it is what it is.
I can keep waiting, only thing that sucks for me is that hunting season in Md starts in September. Would have been nice to have it by the end of September, other than that I can wait.
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Yeah I hear you. I wanted this thing before the long freeze sets in again.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
I think the least I am willing to do is wait on a new order guide. That is supposed to be a monthly thing, but last happened in April.

If the color I wanted was available now I would have already ordered. At this point it's like a sunk cost fallacy for me to keep waiting, but it is what it is.
Kinda what I'm doing too. If a new order guide would come out I could officially move on if Gecko wasn't offered at this point.

chsapeak

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel Rubicon Stingray
Lack of computer chips or anything for that matter shouldn't hold them back from releasing the color charts for 2022. If I knew Gator, Mojave sand, or another new release color were "not" an option in 22, I'd buy now instead of waiting. So they may move 2021's now by releasing the color charts early if there were no changes coming.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
You know Jeep is thinking just the opposite = “If we tell them awesome new colors & cooled seats are coming for 2022 they will wait to purchase, so let’s hold off - they won’t be able to wait & will buy now!”

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I've got (Chicago) auto show tickets for next month, hoping I know what the deal is and have ordered by then - but if not, maybe they'll use that as an opportunity to preview MY 2022 / 4xE / colors, etc? Maybe. They 'released' the Mojave there last year right before C-19. Was like the last big function I went to that year.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I've got (Chicago) auto show tickets for next month, hoping I know what the deal is and have ordered by then - but if not, maybe they'll use that as an opportunity to preview MY 2022 / 4xE / colors, etc? Maybe. They 'released' the Mojave there last year right before C-19. Was like the last big function I went to that year.
We’ll be patiently awaiting your trip report.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
MY22 rumors not yet discussed here: 4XE and gorilla glass windshield as a $95 factory option.

I'm a definite yes on the latter. The windshield on my wife's JKUR is being replaced in a week or two (hard to get appointments right now), and we talked about going the gorilla glass route. Pricey for something as unproven as it is, and the warranty being void if a crack is longer than 2" does not inspire confidence since that's doable at the time the crack appears or within the same drive as a rock chip from personal experience. $95 is a cheap experiment.

The 4XE option is interesting depending on a variety of unknowns. Way too many unknowns. I live in the mountains, and everything is a ways away AND all the extreme ups and downs between me and everything else throws all electric range estimates out the window. I have two reservations about the JT; one is size (not much to be done about it, usable trucks are just bigger now), and the other is fuel economy. I have had diesels, and while that would normally be my number one choice in a truck, I'm not so sure about this one. My plan was the gasser. The 4XE could take the lead if they do it right. I'd love a manual, but not at the expense of my truck being able to do truck things (like it does on this platform). Similarly, I'd love a hybrid, but not at the expense of my truck being able to do truck things (which may or may not be the case).

Fortunately (for now), I'm in a position to wait happily. One of the two cars I'm selling left the stable last night. The other is waiting for the title to show up in the mail. Two hot buyers on that one. Then we can just sit and chill with the one car until I'm ready to pull the trigger... Unless my wife ends up needing to go back into the office on a regular basis. Otherwise, I'll wait around for MY22 and whatever color I think I'll like.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
The 4XE option is interesting depending on a variety of unknowns. Way too many unknowns.
Completely agree. It might make me think critically about the diesel if a 4xE looks trustworthy.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
MY22 rumors not yet discussed here: 4XE and gorilla glass windshield as a $95 factory option.

I'm a definite yes on the latter. The windshield on my wife's JKUR is being replaced in a week or two (hard to get appointments right now), and we talked about going the gorilla glass route. Pricey for something as unproven as it is, and the warranty being void if a crack is longer than 2" does not inspire confidence since that's doable at the time the crack appears or within the same drive as a rock chip from personal experience. $95 is a cheap experiment.

The 4XE option is interesting depending on a variety of unknowns. Way too many unknowns. I live in the mountains, and everything is a ways away AND all the extreme ups and downs between me and everything else throws all electric range estimates out the window. I have two reservations about the JT; one is size (not much to be done about it, usable trucks are just bigger now), and the other is fuel economy. I have had diesels, and while that would normally be my number one choice in a truck, I'm not so sure about this one. My plan was the gasser. The 4XE could take the lead if they do it right. I'd love a manual, but not at the expense of my truck being able to do truck things (like it does on this platform). Similarly, I'd love a hybrid, but not at the expense of my truck being able to do truck things (which may or may not be the case).

Fortunately (for now), I'm in a position to wait happily. One of the two cars I'm selling left the stable last night. The other is waiting for the title to show up in the mail. Two hot buyers on that one. Then we can just sit and chill with the one car until I'm ready to pull the trigger... Unless my wife ends up needing to go back into the office on a regular basis. Otherwise, I'll wait around for MY22 and whatever color I think I'll like.
Wow nice $95 for gorilla glass is a no- brainer. I saw they were making it a factory option, but surprised that cheap!

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I tow way too often for a hybrid to make sense for me, much less the Walmart is 40 miles away. 25mpg + tow whatever I need? Diesel is a no-brainer.
Would love to have tow mirror option-

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
If you can now order Gorilla Glass as an option shouldn't the new order guide have dropped by now?

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon