Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
If Jeep wants the Hurricane 6 in the JL/JT. It will happen. And we will not know about it until after the fact and it's either leaked out or they say something about it. Look at the stuff they did for the EJS in Moab over the years.
Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
You folks are gonna hurt yourselves with all that hair splittin. Lets just get the Tornado into the JT soon. Gone are the hemi option dream and this new engine will produce, although in a way some of us (me) may not be used to. Certainly other mnfg, have worked out some(some) of the kinks of small engine w turbo form factor. I will wait for the Tornado or own this 2020 JT for a very long time.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
By "yesterday" you mean the last 125 years, right? ICE hasn't been around this long without reason. There isn't a better way. I wouldn't bank on full electric in whichever vehicle you want anytime soon.
Totally agree, I work in electric production...I can tell you the grid is already on overload and can barely maintain. It will take another 20 yrs to get it optimized no matter what the puppet idiot in the House says. Solar and wind are a fallacy, maybe if you cover every square foot of open land with them. So you do you couple hundred miles and the grid goes to hell, then what are you gonna do. The replenish rate of the solar charge station is slow, of course after buying a $60k+ vehicle and you have another $30k laying around to install your own solar/batt station, woohoo for you....

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Totally agree, I work in electric production...I can tell you the grid is already on overload and can barely maintain. It will take another 20 yrs to get it optimized no matter what the puppet idiot in the House says. Solar and wind are a fallacy, maybe if you cover every square foot of open land with them. So you do you couple hundred miles and the grid goes to hell, then what are you gonna do. The replenish rate of the solar charge station is slow, of course after buying a $60k+ vehicle and you have another $30k laying around to install your own solar/batt station, woohoo for you....
TVA? I'm a retired senior control room operator.

Agree. I've been saying this in just about every thread that mentions ev's. Parts of Florida will be without power for weeks. How are people living in those areas going to charge their ev's?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer

Agree. I've been saying this in just about every thread that mentions ev's. Parts of Florida will be without power for weeks. How are people living in those areas going to charge their ev's?
Bicycle generator?? But seriously, if it came down to there being no source or wall to plug into, and we had that one person that developed a one and only bicycle generator to recharge the car…. What would it look like? Is it possible?

Sponsored

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
It's all good man......by no means am I wanting to nor trying to get into a pissing contest here. Just discussing and providing facts and sources. Remember DMX said, talk is cheap motherfucker (my lame attempt to insert humor)

But generally.......using the same architecture means (in engineering terms or bean counter mindset) adding to or taking away from an already engineered/existing or proven platform: example the GM 4.2 I6 dropped down to the 3.5 I5 and then down to the 2.8 I4. Or going old school the 4.3 V6 was a GM 305 V8 small block with the back 2 cylinders wacked off.
But pissing contests are fun when you're in them, and entertaining for the rest of us lol

Besides, arguing with strangers is what the internet was invented for.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
Bicycle generator?? But seriously, if it came down to there being no source or wall to plug into, and we had that one person that developed a one and only bicycle generator to recharge the car…. What would it look like? Is it possible?
Your body would put out more CO2 than a gas generator would to charge the same vehicle. Greenies don't understand thermodynamics.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Lower that center of gravity!
Jeep Gladiator 3.0L "Tornado" Straight-Six Engine (GME T6) Coming to Various Jeep Models Screenshot_20220929-082005
Good luck changing the spark plugs on that unless you can get thru the inner fender well. Reminds me of my old Subaru and trying to get those damn plugs changed.

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke

Southern Nuclear, but have done work at all of TVA and most every plant on the east coast with a few runs into the mid West....I glow....just sayin

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Google search.

How much power can a bicycle generator produce?
A typical bike generator can produce 100 watts.
If you pedal for an hour a day, 30 days a month, that's (30 x 100=) 3000 watt-hours, or 3 kWh. That's less than 1% of what a typical family uses in a month (920 kWH). You generated 0.3% of your energy, and continue to get 99.7% from the grid.

Jeep Gladiator 3.0L "Tornado" Straight-Six Engine (GME T6) Coming to Various Jeep Models 1664458383964

Jeep Gladiator 3.0L "Tornado" Straight-Six Engine (GME T6) Coming to Various Jeep Models 1664458526121

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Southern Nuclear, but have done work at all of TVA and most every plant on the east coast with a few runs into the mid West....I glow....just sayin
Went I was with Elliott. I did some on-site work at a few nukes, and a bunch of coal fired plants. Worked at Duke Energy and Dynegy. If Duke didn't sell the plant to Dynegy. I would still be there. Loved working for Duke.
Sponsored