First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Throw some stocks on. Take to dealer to fix, put 37s back on later.
EZ
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The BBB can and will help you by holding the arbitration hearing without you needing a lawyer. I had two cars bought back thru BBB arbitration hearings. They apply and abide by the Magnusson-Moss warranty act because they are a consumer advocate and act on your behalf. They were able to get VW Audi to buyback my cars (two in a row) because of warranty repair issues. With the second car I cot back all my money I paid as in payments and purchasing fees. They will not refund any taxes. They charged me a mileage fee based on the amount of miles on the vehicle when the complaint was lodged.

To make a long story short. Thru the BBB Auto line arbitration procedings, VW bought back my 2002 VW Passat W8. In the 14 months I owned it, it was in the shop 14 times, Had 32 separate and individual work orders written against it and was out of service for a total of 61 days. They did not attend the second arbitration hearing I filed after the first one. They decided to buy it back instead of going to court.

BBB Auto line - How It Works
This is interesting. I learned something today. Thank you.

I've always thought of the BBB as a toothless marketing organization. I was wrong apparently.

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
The BBB works. Just make sure you have all your documentation with you and don't go into the arbitration hearing acting like an azz. Be polite and to the point. Don't lie and always be straight fwd. my packet of documentation was over an inch thick. I could literally write a book on my issues with my W8. I large part of the issues I had were due to inept service techs that don't know how to do their job and had to rely on the VW Tech line.

The last 34 days my W8 was out of service was because no one knew how to work on the new engine. They had to have a tech from Germany, fly in to replace the drivers side, cam phasing mechanisims. He arrived the day VW wrote me a check for the buy back and I was in the service lot getting my personal belongings and wheels/tires off the car. The tech comes out all pissed saying he needs the car so it can get fixed. I told him to go pound sand as I am going to finish what I was doing. I of course took my sweet time! I never bought another car from that delership never again. This was the fourth car I had bought from them.
Jeep Gladiator 37 inch tires Warranty Warning. IMG_2572.JPG

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
37s don't require an adjustable track bar.

I'm guessing that what you really did that required it is a lift. Which is much more invasive and more likely to be denied if you show up with a suspension complaint looking for warranty assistance.
You almost need to assume a lift of some sort with that big a tire on it.
And "37's" is just one part of the equation - width of the 37s? for example? Same wheels? Same backset or offset?
Anyway, putting a 37 on may well suggest a lift is involved. If that's the case it shifts the front axle off-center. Even my tiny bit of height change moved my front axle left enough I could see it. I'm talking only about 1.25" so anything over that, because the bar swings in an arc, will move the axle over more than mine moved.
37s also introduce changes in other dynamics. Chances are it was outside of the scrub radius specs.
It's one thing to swap like for like parts (filters, shafts, shocks, whatever) but totally changing the dynamics of the suspension and steering and then wondering why things aren't quite right is....................

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You almost need to assume a lift of some sort with that big a tire on it.
And "37's" is just one part of the equation - width of the 37s? for example? Same wheels? Same backset or offset?
Anyway, putting a 37 on may well suggest a lift is involved. If that's the case it shifts the front axle off-center. Even my tiny bit of height change moved my front axle left enough I could see it. I'm talking only about 1.25" so anything over that, because the bar swings in an arc, will move the axle over more than mine moved.
37s also introduce changes in other dynamics. Chances are it was outside of the scrub radius specs.
It's one thing to swap like for like parts (filters, shafts, shocks, whatever) but totally changing the dynamics of the suspension and steering and then wondering why things aren't quite right is....................
I would think so, but based on the OP, it sounds like he doesn't have a lift.

People have put 37s on stock Mojaves and Rubicons (which the OP has) and they seem to work fine on road.

Either way, I agree with everything you said about a lift causing problems.
Sponsored