How to do 37 inch tires

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
Yeah man! Love that. Can I ask what tires you picked and what size rims they're on?
Zoom into the pic, rear tire; looks like Yokohama Geolander X A/T or something like that. Looks great for sure; Hope they work better for the OP than some of the reviews that I was looking at. I think I’ve run Yokohama tires on Toyota cars with good results, but for a truck tire in the snow, I would look for something triple peak rated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Zoom into the pic, rear tire; looks like Yokohama Geolander X A/T or something like that. Looks great for sure; Hope they work better for the OP than some of the reviews that I was looking at. I think I’ve run Yokohama tires on Toyota cars with good results, but for a truck tire in the snow, I would look for something triple peak rated.
Yep. I live in Wisconsin. It’s mostly flat but lotsa snow. I gotta stick with tires that like it:)

aFatBird

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Just do it and fix whatever needs a fix along the way. But IMO 37's are fine as long as you get the appropriate supporting mods. You also just need to be aware things are going to wear out faster compared to stock or in your case 35's

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I have the BFG KO2 in 315 70 17 C rate. they are a great light weight tire that really work well on my JTR. I thought about 37s but so far it's a no. You will really rub if you have factory wheels and do any off road.
buy new wheels-- wider stance offset is more stable anyway

Sponsored

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
Yep. I live in Wisconsin. It’s mostly flat but lotsa snow. I gotta stick with tires that like it:)
If you are looking for good performance in snow, then you may ( or may not ) want high flotation. For shallow snow, you might be better off with a narrow tire. If you want to drive on top of 3’ of snow then you’ll want high flotation.

on icy patches, high flotation will not be your friend.

If you plan to drive on sand, then high flotation is good.

dans1911

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2001 WJ, 1999 WJ, 1999 TJ
Occupation
Assistant Store Manager, for an auto parts store
I'm running 37x13.5R20 Gladiator XComps on my 23 Sport. Wheels are 20x10 with a -25mm offset. No lift yet (wife is still healing from foot surgery) but I did add a 2" leveling kit to the front, Synergy track bar brace, and Rugged Ridge dual steering stabilizer. I also had to make 3/4" spacers to push the front bumper forward a little. Full size spare just fits under the bed between the heat shield and hitch. I do get a little bit of rub in the front at full lock and loaded down or a decent amount of articulation.

I'm probably going to do a fender chop in the near future and a 2-3" lift when she's healed. I have the factory 4.10 max tow package. My 21 Gladiator that got totalled in February had 4.10s and 35s. I don't notice any performance difference between the 35s and 37s. The JT is my daily. I have a built 99 WJ for the more serious off-roading.

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator,1993 Jeep Wrangler,1967 Camaro
I bought mine used and it came with the Mopar 2" lift, 37x13.5x17 Nitto Ridge grapplers, steering stablizer etc. It rides very nicely. It is the 2020 Sport S with the Max Tow package. It is my daily dirver. I have a YJ for off road..
Jeep Gladiator How to do 37 inch tires 20230423_141951
Jeep Gladiator How to do 37 inch tires 20230405_181318

Tricky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Sounds like you have a great set up. I didn’t know you could put 37s on stock rims. And yeah I’ve been considering the weight issue. I’ve found a few 37s that are pretty comparable in weight to my Falkens. Someone in a different thread actually gave a list of about 20 different 37s with the brand and weight. Super helpful.
Do you have the list ?

Sponsored

JT4me

First Name
ned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WW.paddleboardorlando.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon soft top auto, 07 Sequoia, 02 F150
Occupation
small business owner
Rode my stockers till I had to replace them. Was torn between 35/37. I went with the nitto recon 37 by 11.5. 2 inch coil spacer lift. And a front adjustable track bar. I have a Rubicon and had planned on going to 4:88 right away. But honestly being in florida it hasn’t been near what I thought it would be. Mileage drop from 15.9 average to 14.5. Power is still there , still see 8th on the highway. Overall I’m very glad I went with the 37.
Jeep Gladiator How to do 37 inch tires 1940AAB5-7B75-4D7E-B39A-525600F8FE10

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Looking for some advice from those of you running 37's. I have a Sport with the 2 inch Mopar lift and Fox steering stabilizer. Is there anything else you'd recommend as needed to safely run 37's? It's mostly my DD. My off roading will not be extreme. I know I need to regear, but aside from that I'm I good to go? And does anyone have regrets for going to 37's. My mechanic is discouraging me from it and the main 4 wheel drive shop in our area did the same. They told me these Gladiators are happy with the 35's but some of their customers have had problems after going to 35's.
Not sure why they would discourage you. 37s are at home on a Gladiator

Since you have the Mopar lift i'd get a new adjustable trackbar. Also get a Tazer for both the tire size and the eventual regear.

I had 37s without gears for about 3 weeks and it was fine on flat ground. I went wheeling and i just needed to use low range more than normal. I recommend a regear, but it doesn't have to be simultaneous

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
I bought mine used and it came with the Mopar 2" lift, 37x13.5x17 Nitto Ridge grapplers, steering stablizer etc. It rides very nicely. It is the 2020 Sport S with the Max Tow package. It is my daily dirver. I have a YJ for off road..
I love that man!! Those are the exact tires I've been looking at. Thx for those pics!!

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Count on getting a regear.
Thx. I was planning on it. I presently have 35s with a 2 inch lift and it runs great and averages over 17mpg. Has no problem grabbing 8th gear. Because I bought it used I honestly have no idea if the guy already had it regeared. If he didn't I will if I pull the trigger on 37s. If I stay with 35s I doubt I will cuz it's great as is...
Sponsored