First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
True but they would have to prove that the tires would be the problem. That would be hard to do and just saying 37's are the problem wouldn't fly. I'd get @JeepCares involved.
They only have to prove it in court. They can void your warranty for ANY non stock item installed on your vehicle. That is their right under the law. Putting anything oversized on the vehicle will cause extra stresses and that has been proven to be the cause of many suspension problems.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
They only have to prove it in court. They can void your warranty for ANY non stock item installed on your vehicle. That is their right under the law. Putting aniything oversized on the vehicle will cause extra stresses and that has been proven to be the cause of many suspension problems.
I wasn't speaking of suspension parts but mainly like engine and transmission problems and other things. For sure suspension parts aren't going to be covered but why would they, most stock parts are being removed. It doesn't void the warranty is what I was meaning to say, not totally.

Slyboots2313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Maybe I missed it, but what suspension setup is OP running? Some lifts, including Jeep’s Mopar lift, don’t address the track bar and that’s been a big issue for the JL/JT. The dealer will swap out your stabilizer and call it a day, but from what I’ve seen it’s often time related to the weak factory track bar. OP, if that’s currently stock, I’d look at one of the many heavy duty adjustable track bars out there. May be just the cure you need.

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Everyone quoting the Magnusson-Moss act always forgets one thing: You'd have to sue to even have a chance at getting a remedy. That means court. And legal fees (yes, you get it back if you when. If), time, lawyers, etc. They are banking on most people not going through the time and effort to get this far. I might for a very expensive problem, but for most run of the mill issues, it's a risk vs reward thing. You might go through all the effort, spend all the money, and still lose. Then you might even have to pay THEIR legal fees too.
Wrong

I have lemon lawed two vehicles in the past without having to go to court. I took my concerns to the Better Business Bureau. Never had to hire a lawyer.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Wrong

I have lemon lawed two vehicles in the past without having to go to court. I took my concerns to the Better Business Bureau. Never had to hire a lawyer.
What does BBB have to do with Lemon Laws, I'm just curious because the really get involved like that. I had a buy back of a faulty vehicle, 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I didn't have to hire a Lawyer or go through BBB. The wife and I handled everything and the our dealership was great to deal with.

Sponsored

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What does BBB have to do with Lemon Laws, I'm just curious because the really get involved like that. I had a buy back of a faulty vehicle, 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I didn't have to hire a Lawyer or go through BBB. The wife and I handled everything and the our dealership was great to deal with.
If you have to ask they you are worfully ignorant of warranty laws here in the US.

" Administered by BBB National Programs, BBB AUTO LINE helps businesses and consumers resolve automotive warranty, lemon law, class action, and dealer manufacturer disputes in a timely, cost-effective manner that complies with applicable state laws and regulations. "

BBB Auto Line

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I missed it, but what suspension setup is OP running? Some lifts, including Jeep’s Mopar lift, don’t address the track bar and that’s been a big issue for the JL/JT. The dealer will swap out your stabilizer and call it a day, but from what I’ve seen it’s often time related to the weak factory track bar. OP, if that’s currently stock, I’d look at one of the many heavy duty adjustable track bars out there. May be just the cure you need.
I just swapped out my Stock Track Bar for a adjustable one to get the axle lined back up but the stock track bar is plenty enough to handle 37's. I ran the stock one on mine for almost year with 37's and it never got DW and drive straight as a arrow. If it was for the axle being off center it would still be on my jeep.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If you have to ask they you are worfully ignorant of warranty laws here in the US.

" Administered by BBB National Programs, BBB AUTO LINE helps businesses and consumers resolve automotive warranty, lemon law, class action, and dealer manufacturer disputes in a timely, cost-effective manner that complies with applicable state laws and regulations. "

BBB Auto Line
I asked nicely but I guess some just gotta be a ass about it. Wow!!

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Wrong

I would think lemon law cases would be much easier than MM cases. I know many people who've gotten lemon law buybacks, but no one who's won (or even attempted) an MM case.

BBB Auto Line
But what does that have to do with the MM act? Again, just asking. Also, isn't MM a federal law? Real questions, I'd be interested to see if someone has used the BBB to win a MM act dispute. Not being argumentative, but it'd be good info to have in the back pocket, just in case.

Last edited:

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They only have to prove it in court. They can void your warranty for ANY non stock item installed on your vehicle. That is their right under the law. Putting anything oversized on the vehicle will cause extra stresses and that has been proven to be the cause of many suspension problems.
They aren't voiding your warranty. They are denying a claim. Big difference ce.

The OP with his suspension problems and 37s with a lift wouldn't have any trouble if his power windows failed. Or his hard top leaked. The warranty is not voided.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think lemon law cases would be much easier than MM cases. I know many people who've gotten lemon law buybacks, but no one who's won (or even attempted) an MM case.

But what does that have to do with the MM act? Again, just asking. Also, isn't MM a federal law? Real questions, I'd be interested to see if someone has used the BBB to win a MM act dispute. Not being argumentative, but it'd be good info to have in the back pocket, just in case.
I have never heard of the BBB doing anything for anyone. They are pretty much useless these days.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just swapped out my Stock Track Bar for a adjustable one to get the axle lined back up but the stock track bar is plenty enough to handle 37's. I ran the stock one on mine for almost year with 37's and it never got DW and drive straight as a arrow. If it was for the axle being off center it would still be on my jeep.
37s don't require an adjustable track bar.

I'm guessing that what you really did that required it is a lift. Which is much more invasive and more likely to be denied if you show up with a suspension complaint looking for warranty assistance.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
37s don't require an adjustable track bar.

I'm guessing that what you really did that required it is a lift. Which is much more invasive and more likely to be denied if you show up with a suspension complaint looking for warranty assistance.
Yes that's right the lift is why I needed it. I was just saying that the stock track bar is plenty beefy enough to handle 37s. The guy was saying it was weak

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The BBB can and will help you by holding the arbitration hearing without you needing a lawyer. I had two cars bought back thru BBB arbitration hearings. They apply and abide by the Magnusson-Moss warranty act because they are a consumer advocate and act on your behalf. They were able to get VW Audi to buyback my cars (two in a row) because of warranty repair issues. With the second car I cot back all my money I paid as in payments and purchasing fees. They will not refund any taxes. They charged me a mileage fee based on the amount of miles on the vehicle when the complaint was lodged.

To make a long story short. Thru the BBB Auto line arbitration procedings, VW bought back my 2002 VW Passat W8. In the 14 months I owned it, it was in the shop 14 times, Had 32 separate and individual work orders written against it and was out of service for a total of 61 days. They did not attend the second arbitration hearing I filed after the first one. They decided to buy it back instead of going to court.

BBB Auto line - How It Works
Sponsored

Last edited: