First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Looking for some advice from those of you running 37's. I have a Sport with the 2 inch Mopar lift and Fox steering stabilizer. Is there anything else you'd recommend as needed to safely run 37's? It's mostly my DD. My off roading will not be extreme. I know I need to regear, but aside from that I'm I good to go? And does anyone have regrets for going to 37's. My mechanic is discouraging me from it and the main 4 wheel drive shop in our area did the same. They told me these Gladiators are happy with the 35's but some of their customers have had problems after going to 35's.
Sponsored

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I have the BFG KO2 in 315 70 17 C rate. they are a great light weight tire that really work well on my JTR. I thought about 37s but so far it's a no. You will really rub if you have factory wheels and do any off road.

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
I have the BFG KO2 in 315 70 17 C rate. they are a great light weight tire that really work well on my JTR. I thought about 37s but so far it's a no. You will really rub if you have factory wheels and do any off road.
Thx. I'm presently running 35 inch Wildpeak AT3s on Black Rhino rims. I bought it used with 16k miles and its how he had it set up. I just really like the look of 37s on the Gladiator. Just not sure if it's the wise way to go.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Some things to consider:
  • Does the Mopar 2" lift allow for 37s in their setup? I'm thinking mostly about bump stops during compression to prevent rubbing. This can be added.
  • Do the Sport front fenders (which are lower than Rubicon model) have enough realistic clearance for 37s without rubbing?
  • Yes, regearing a Sport is probably recommended unless it has the 4.10s from one of the towing packages I think and then it's debatable. Plenty of folks, (including me), run 37s with 4.10 gears. Just depends on how you plan to use it. Towing, city commuting, off-roading etc.
I have the AEV 2.5" lift with BFG KO2 37x12.5 load range C. The AEV lift uses mostly all the stock components and so far, so good a year later. The steering from stock Rubicon is a lot heavier. I accept that I'm going to run through front-end components faster like ball joints. AEV regears their JTRs with 37s to 4.56 but I've just not made the leap myself or know if it's truly worth it for my use case. 99% on-road and moderate off-roading on the weekends with one or two big trips a year around the country. All mostly on-road driving to get to the off-roading.

I went to 37s because well, why not? I'd already done 35s on the JKR and that's plenty high up for a 2-door. 37s is as far as I'll ever go probably and I'm enjoying them! You only live once, and you can't take it with you so if you can make them fit on a Sport with a 2" lift, I say consider it.

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Some things to consider:
  • Does the Mopar 2" lift allow for 37s in their setup? I'm thinking mostly about bump stops during compression to prevent rubbing. This can be added.
  • Do the Sport front fenders (which are lower than Rubicon model) have enough realistic clearance for 37s without rubbing?
  • Yes, regearing a Sport is probably recommended unless it has the 4.10s from one of the towing packages I think and then it's debatable. Plenty of folks, (including me), run 37s with 4.10 gears. Just depends on how you plan to use it. Towing, city commuting, off-roading etc.
I have the AEV 2.5" lift with BFG KO2 37x12.5 load range C. The AEV lift uses mostly all the stock components and so far, so good a year later. The steering from stock Rubicon is a lot heavier. I accept that I'm going to run through front-end components faster like ball joints. AEV regears their JTRs with 37s to 4.56 but I've just not made the leap myself or know if it's truly worth it for my use case. 99% on-road and moderate off-roading on the weekends with one or two big trips a year around the country. All mostly on-road driving to get to the off-roading.

I went to 37s because well, why not? I'd already done 35s on the JKR and that's plenty high up for a 2-door. 37s is as far as I'll ever go probably and I'm enjoying them! You only live once, and you can't take it with you so if you can make them fit on a Sport with a 2" lift, I say consider it.
I presently have about 9 inches of clearance in the rear and 7.5 in front with 35s so it looks like there's plenty of space. I have 3.73 and it drives great with 35s but if I do pull the trigger n 35s I'll regear to 4.56 or 4.88. Thx for your perspective. I appreciate it!

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
As long as the bump stops can prevent you from rubbing at full flex, you should be fine with the mopar lift. My Rubicon doesn't rub anywhere, but the fenders are a little bit higher clearance than the ones that come with a Sport, again just make sure you have the right bump stop.

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
As long as the bump stops can prevent you from rubbing at full flex, you should be fine with the mopar lift. My Rubicon doesn't rub anywhere, but the fenders are a little bit higher clearance than the ones that come with a Sport, again just make sure you have the right bump stop.
I'm still new to this world and trying to figure out exactly what this Gladiator had done to it before I bought it but it looks like it has bump stops... Do you know if the Mopar Kit comes with em or would that be something you'd add...?

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
I'm still new to this world and trying to figure out exactly what this Gladiator had done to it before I bought it but it looks like it has bump stops... Do you know if the Mopar Kit comes with em or would that be something you'd add...?
Yes, the Mopar 2" lift comes with longer bump stops to compensate for the lift and larger tires. But looking at the lift kit specs it's only designed for 35" tires in its sold form. Since you aren't adjusting the suspension height, but you want to increase the tire size you'd need to figure out how to increase the length of the bump stops to compensate for the larger tires. You can try to just leave it as is and if you get any rubbing during suspension compression which a taller bump stop would help alleviate by stopping the downward travel sooner so the 37s don't make contact.

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Yes, the Mopar 2" lift comes with longer bump stops to compensate for the lift and larger tires. But looking at the lift kit specs it's only designed for 35" tires in its sold form. Since you aren't adjusting the suspension height, but you want to increase the tire size you'd need to figure out how to increase the length of the bump stops to compensate for the larger tires. You can try to just leave it as is and if you get any rubbing during suspension compression which a taller bump stop would help alleviate by stopping the downward travel sooner so the 37s don't make contact.
Okay.Thx! Super helpful.

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of in the same boat. 2021 JT Sport S., stock 3.73s. Currently running the 2" Mopar lift on stock 7.5" wide Overland wheels with on Falken Wildpeak AT3w 285/75R18s (35s) tires and 1.75" spacers. Adjusted for tire height with the JScan app. It's just a preference, but I like the look of the JTs on 37s. As it stands, 100% of my driving is on the road as a DD.
I like the stock Overland wheels and the 37s shouldn't cause any issues with the type of driving I do. I may get some push-back from Discount Tire when I go to have them installed due to the wheel width, but I know the manager and I think he would install them. Something else to consider is they are quite a bit heavier than the 35s. According to Falken's website the current tires weigh in at 65.9lbs, the 37s weigh in at 79.4lbs!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Kind of in the same boat. 2021 JT Sport S., stock 3.73s. Currently running the 2" Mopar lift on stock 7.5" wide Overland wheels with on Falken Wildpeak AT3w 285/75R18s (35s) tires and 1.75" spacers. Adjusted for tire height with the JScan app. It's just a preference, but I like the look of the JTs on 37s. As it stands, 100% of my driving is on the road as a DD.
I like the stock Overland wheels and the 37s shouldn't cause any issues with the type of driving I do. I may get some push-back from Discount Tire when I go to have them installed due to the wheel width, but I know the manager and I think he would install them. Something else to consider is they are quite a bit heavier than the 35s. According to Falken's website the current tires weigh in at 65.9lbs, the 37s weigh in at 79.4lbs!
Sounds like you have a great set up. I didn’t know you could put 37s on stock rims. And yeah I’ve been considering the weight issue. I’ve found a few 37s that are pretty comparable in weight to my Falkens. Someone in a different thread actually gave a list of about 20 different 37s with the brand and weight. Super helpful.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Has Jeep ever published what tire size the kit is designed for? All I’ve ever seen is “accommodate bigger tires”.

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
Has Jeep ever published what tire size the kit is designed for? All I’ve ever seen is “accommodate bigger tires”.
Great question. I’ve never seen anything from Jeep but I’ve had 2 shops tell me 35s…

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Jeep Gladiator How to do 37 inch tires IMG_0574

This is 37s with 2” mopar lift 3/4” spacer up front. I went with 5.13 gears. As far as upgrades I I upgraded the steering and the control arms for more adjustment. If you plan on off-roading I’d look into doing a fender chop or aftermarket fenders.

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
IMG_0574.png

This is 37s with 2” mopar lift 3/4” spacer up front. I went with 5.13 gears. As far as upgrades I I upgraded the steering and the control arms for more adjustment. If you plan on off-roading I’d look into doing a fender chop or aftermarket fenders.
Yeah man! Love that. Can I ask what tires you picked and what size rims they're on?
Sponsored