Sponsored

37" tires on my 2021 Mojave without lift kit ?

jeepmojave

First Name
Keyloh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Mojave
Looks GREAT!!! This is exactly what I’ll be doing with my Mojave.

I just pulled the stock 33's off of my 2022 Mojave, and added the BFG K02 37X12.5R17 C Rated Tires (Ford Raptors 37's) on my stock rims. At 64.8lbs they only outweigh the stock Falcon Wildpeak's by 1.1 pounds at 63.7lbs. These tires mount up great, no issues, no contact anywhere. My JT is completely stock. With the 37s it drives just like the 33's. No issues with ride quality. It should have come with these.
tempImage746N0p.jpg

tempImageIaTgmB.jpg

tempImage2BUAu2.jpg
Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
This is the 1st time I wish I'd ordered black, that looks excellent! I've got Sting Grey coming, hard not to love that colour, had the Anvil on my 2015 and it proved much more secretive with all the scratching vs. my black rigs. My plan has been 35's but this temps me to go with the Cooper AT3 XLT 37x12.5's on stock wheels. They weigh in at 68lbs, and have more siping than the BFG or similar General AT's but a slightly tighter tread pattern... I also plan to run a 1 inch teraflex spacer up front and a 3/4 daystar in the rear with matching bump stop adjustments.

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
how was your alignment and ride quality ?
Ride quality seems to be a little better, I haven't had the alignment checked yet since it tracks so well on the highway.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Ride quality seems to be a little better, I haven't had the alignment checked yet since it tracks so well on the highway.
I wouldn't bother checking the alignment, there is nothing to adjust with those arms! The only thing you could actually adjust is toe, but if it drives straight all is well :)

I had considered those arms as an option also, the price sure is right. I wasn't sure if the stock Mojave arms were longer than the Rubicon or Sport to help with Castor from the factory. Did you happen to line them up side by side to compare the difference in length?

Thanks!

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
I wouldn't bother checking the alignment, there is nothing to adjust with those arms! The only thing you could actually adjust is toe, but if it drives straight all is well :)

I had considered those arms as an option also, the price sure is right. I wasn't sure if the stock Mojave arms were longer than the Rubicon or Sport to help with Castor from the factory. Did you happen to line them up side by side to compare the difference in length?

Thanks!
Yes I did, they are roughly 1/4" longer than the originals.

Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Yes I did, they are roughly 1/4" longer than the originals.
Thanks for that! That matches with the other details I've heard about the MOPAR arms vs regular JL, JT arms.

Did they seem to weigh about the same or did you notice any supposed extra beef in the stock Mojave arms? I forget where I read it that the Mojave arms are supposedly 'stronger' but don't quite believe that.

I've bent a stock rear arm on rocks, but never a front in the past.

I think this is great info to share here. I've had the drop brackets in the past also. However I am looking to avoid any Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat warranty arguments if ever needed.

James H

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
Thanks for that! That matches with the other details I've heard about the MOPAR arms vs regular JL, JT arms.

Did they seem to weigh about the same or did you notice any supposed extra beef in the stock Mojave arms? I forget where I read it that the Mojave arms are supposedly 'stronger' but don't quite believe that.

I've bent a stock rear arm on rocks, but never a front in the past.

I think this is great info to share here. I've had the drop brackets in the past also. However I am looking to avoid any Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat warranty arguments if ever needed.
They look identical except for the extra length (that's what she said). A friend of mine just upgraded his Rubicon LCAs to EVO, so we compared, and the Mojave LCAs were the same. As for the strength, I've hit them on some rocks and they are holding up well. I plan on adding the Hard Rock 4x4 LCA skids soon to prevent any future damage.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I just pulled the stock 33's off of my 2022 Mojave, and added the BFG K02 37X12.5R17 C Rated Tires (Ford Raptors 37's) on my stock rims. At 64.8lbs they only outweigh the stock Falcon Wildpeak's by 1.1 pounds at 63.7lbs. These tires mount up great, no issues, no contact anywhere. My JT is completely stock. With the 37s it drives just like the 33's. No issues with ride quality. It should have come with these.
tempImage746N0p.jpg

tempImageIaTgmB.jpg

tempImage2BUAu2.jpg
I assume you’re running stock 4.10’s? If so, how is that going?

Sponsored

NICKSMOJAVE

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT MOJAVE - 2011 JK RUBICON - 1970 F100
Occupation
REAL-ESTATE
This is the 1st time I wish I'd ordered black, that looks excellent! I've got Sting Grey coming, hard not to love that colour, had the Anvil on my 2015 and it proved much more secretive with all the scratching vs. my black rigs. My plan has been 35's but this temps me to go with the Cooper AT3 XLT 37x12.5's on stock wheels. They weigh in at 68lbs, and have more siping than the BFG or similar General AT's but a slightly tighter tread pattern... I also plan to run a 1 inch teraflex spacer up front and a 3/4 daystar in the rear with matching bump stop adjustments.
Sting Grey or Granite would have been my first choices.

I didn’t even see the Coopers when I was searching. That’s a really good weight for a 37. I hope they measure a little more true than the BFG KO2’s. Mine measure 35.25” with 40psi.

If they don’t, you’re basically buying 37’s to get 35’s... Which you were looking for in the first place

NICKSMOJAVE

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
REAL-ESTATE
I assume you’re running stock 4.10’s? If so, how is that going?
Yeah, still on the stock 4.10s

No issues with perceived power or anything. I did notice on I-95 at 80mph the RPMs were roughly the same as with the 33’s. I suspected that it was in 7th instead of 8th gear.

So I put it in manual mode to check, and yes it was using 7th to cruise. I manually switched to 8th, RPMs dropped to 2000 and it was able to maintain 80mph without gearing down

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Yeah, still on the stock 4.10s

No issues with perceived power or anything. I did notice on I-95 at 80mph the RPMs were roughly the same as with the 33’s. I suspected that it was in 7th instead of 8th gear.

So I put it in manual mode to check, and yes it was using 7th to cruise. I manually switched to 8th, RPMs dropped to 2000 and it was able to maintain 80mph without gearing down
Interesting. Thanks for getting back. I think I will proceed with 4.88s. That should cruise naturally in 8th plus I want to add a front locker.

NICKSMOJAVE

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
REAL-ESTATE
Interesting. Thanks for getting back. I think I will proceed with 4.88s. That should cruise naturally in 8th plus I want to add a front locker.
Agreed, I think the 4.88's would be best.

DirtGadgets

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Carpenter/Fabricator/Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Can I put 37inch tires on my 2021 Mojave without a lift kit ? Just asking because my lift kit won’t be coming in for a while. Thank you for any responses.
Yes, you can put 37's on your stock Gladiator before a lift kit. Consider the wheel backspacing and offsets, or you may experience rubbing with dramatic turns. Also consider adding bump stop extensions (2 inches) or you may top out your wheels in your fender wells. The stock tire size is 33 inches. If you go to a 37 that's 2 additional inches of radius wheel height to deal with, thus the bump stop extension suggestion.

I installed 37 x 12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17 x 8.5 Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels. My Gladiator drove fine this way for a couple months before I lifted it. Now, to be fair I didn't do any off-roading with it this way, but as a daily driver it performed fine without any rubbing.

Here are pictures before any drivetrain—lift and steering—modifications.

Jeep Gladiator 37" tires on my 2021 Mojave without lift kit ? IMG_0596

Jeep Gladiator 37" tires on my 2021 Mojave without lift kit ? IMG_0595

Jeep Gladiator 37" tires on my 2021 Mojave without lift kit ? IMG_0593

Jeep Gladiator 37" tires on my 2021 Mojave without lift kit ? IMG_0605

Jeep Gladiator 37" tires on my 2021 Mojave without lift kit ? IMG_0604

Jeep Gladiator 37" tires on my 2021 Mojave without lift kit ? IMG_0603
Sponsored