First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Probably just the pictures. The GY Kevlar MTR is a true size, big, and light tire. With zero offset rims, it sticks out just under 1 "lug" from the Rubicon fender. So far, I am also loving it. Performance with the 5:13s is absolutely great and the grip off-road up steep hills is amazing.

BLRiZj.jpg

Here it is compared to the Patagonia MTR
8hqg3n.jpg
Looks good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Another little video, I can't get enough. I'm riding out for lunch just to drive it. Let me apologize in advance for my
Unprofessional video ways. Just trying to answer some of the questions I had but couldn't find answers to.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@hjdca what are you running your tire pressure at on yours. I'm trying to find a sweet spot. Discount has mine at 38psi and it's riding like a brick. They were at 36 last night and it was riding pretty rough and now it's saying 38. Just trying to get a starting point for mine.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
@hjdca what are you running your tire pressure at on yours. I'm trying to find a sweet spot. Discount has mine at 38psi and it's riding like a brick. They were at 36 last night and it was riding pretty rough and now it's saying 38. Just trying to get a starting point for mine.
I run mine at 29/30 psi cold on the street, so, when they warm up they are around 32 psi. On the hard dirt I like 18 or 19 PSI. Anything softer or rocks 14 PSI or less - depending on your rims. They really start to soften up with super grip around 19 psi. I have the Method 703 bead grip rims, so, I plan to try 8 to 9 psi in the sand when the time comes.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I run mine at 29/30 psi cold on the street, so, when they warm up they are around 32 psi. On the hard dirt I like 18 or 19 PSI. Anything softer or rocks 14 PSI or less - depending on your rims. They really start to soften up with super grip around 19 psi. I have the Method 703 bead grip rims, so, I plan to try 8 to 9 psi in the sand when the time comes.
I aired them down to 32 psi last night and when I got in this morning they were at 29psi. Then warmed up to about 34. I need to get me another bluetooth obd2 adapter so I can reset the PSI and my tire size. My dang adapter is mess up for some reason it want connect up. I guess if they drop below 30 psi you got to air them up to 35 to get the light to turn off

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I aired them down to 32 psi last night and when I got in this morning they were at 29psi. Then warmed up to about 34. I need to get me another bluetooth obd2 adapter so I can reset the PSI and my tire size. My dang adapter is mess up for some reason it want connect up. I guess if they drop below 30 psi you got to air them up to 35 to get the light to turn off
You have to set the tire PSI on the computer to 30 psi with the Tazer. I live on the west coast, so, only 2 or 3 psi up and down because of weather. lol.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Aired my tires down to 30psi cold, about 32psi when they warm up when driving, this seems like the sweet spot to me on these Goodyears. Just hit 17mpgs on the way home from work. That was my target MPG average, I'm super happy. If it goes up anymore only a plus. I could easily do it with the Cooper At3 XLTs I'm planning on getting when the Goodyears wear out.

Jeep Gladiator 37's and loving them, who else? PXL_20210223_233214652

tcracing

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Sales
So had some used 37's installed today to try out and make sure I wanted to go 37's. Found some Goodyear MTR Kevlar 37 12.5 17 for $400 off Marketplace. Had them mounted a Discount tire for $149.00 so $550 for 37's. Coming from a 315 70 17 BFG KO2 I've been running for a year, 21,000 miles that was a 11/32 tread. They measured 33.6 when I had them removed. The Goodyear measures 36.2 on my JT at 36psi, I'll probably lower that to around 32 or 30 to soften the ride a little. Can't reset the computer at the moment because something is going on with my Bluetooth vgate OBD adapter for the Jscan so speedo is off by 3-4 mph based on what I could see. Was able to average 17.1 mpgs on the hour ride back which super stoked about should go up when I can get the speedo corrected.

I measured center of my jeep up to Rubi Rails before removing the BFGs and I was at 20-1/4 inches with the Goodyears installed I'm right at 22 inches which I'm super happy about. Gained 1-3/4 inches just by throwing tires on. I'll probably throw the Fox stabilizer back on now because it will probably take some of the road feel out of the steering wheel and I may look at upgrading the track bar now with probably a rough country adjustable like I ran on my JKU. Overall I'm super pleased and thinking 37's forever now although I may end up back with a A/T she these wear out. They are louder than my BFG's which I expected but not to bad. Face still hurts from the hours worth of smiling I did on the way home😄

Before and after
Jeep Gladiator 37's and loving them, who else? PXL_20210223_233214652
Are you using the stock rims?

Sponsored