Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
  • Banned
I'm about to stick some 37" patagonia xts on a stock gladiator sport s this weekend. However I am switching to -12 offset 17"x9" rims at the same time. I just need to be driveable on the street until the lift comes in a few weeks afterwards. Is it going to rub under normal street use?

I googled this and searched the forum, but everyone has rubicons lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Stock wheels? If so, the tires will rub on the LCAs when you turn sharp. Fender clearance on the front is going to be extremely close too.

OP
OP

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
  • Banned
Stock wheels? If so, the tires will rub on the LCAs when you turn sharp. Fender clearance on the front is going to be extremely close too.
I edited op to have the info.

I changing the rims at the same time to 17x9 with -12mm offset. That's probably pretty important.

Reactions: JT1

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
going to need to remove the air dams (the bits in between the front bumper and the fender flares)

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I edited op to have the info.

I changing the rims at the same time to 17x9 with -12mm offset. That's probably pretty important.
yessir! that should clear the lowers.. if you can avoid one tire BIG speedbumps you should be ok.. you just don't want to bounce the tires off your front fenders.

Sponsored

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I ran 37's on similar wheels and a 1.5" leveling kit while I waited for my Clayton lift to come it, street duty only. It only rubbed on big dips. With no leveling kit I'd imagine it would have rubbed a lot more.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I ran 37's on similar wheels and a 1.5" leveling kit while I waited for my Clayton lift to come it, street duty only. It only rubbed on big dips. With no leveling kit I'd imagine it would have rubbed a lot more.
Same, I ran 37" BFG MTs, which is a smaller 37, on a 1.5" kit and an RR Full Width bumper which has more clearance than the factory bumper and it would still rub when turning into driveways and what-not where there was a good dip/bump.

Offroad- even with 3.5" lift I could get it to rub good when flexing and the swaybar disconnected. Switched to flat fenders and a stubby bumper finally got it right.

OP
OP

MALLCRAWLER

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator
  • Banned
Same, I ran 37" BFG MTs, which is a smaller 37, on a 1.5" kit and an RR Full Width bumper which has more clearance than the factory bumper and it would still rub when turning into driveways and what-not where there was a good dip/bump.

Offroad- even with 3.5" lift I could get it to rub good when flexing and the swaybar disconnected. Switched to flat fenders and a stubby bumper finally got it right.
Wow I'll wait till it's lifted then.
Sponsored