Sponsored

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You're running JL/JT saverge, correct? You should be at +25mm offset too. I had stock and now MC control arms with no issues. Are you sure the MC CAs were installed with the bend towards the center of the vehicle?

I still have to do a full flex/turn test but I had room with my 37/12.5
yes same offset as you. The control arms are installed correctly, bend going Inward. I’m aligned as well with steer smarts track bar. There is a clear place it rubs.
Have you flexed your suspension out? It might only be rubbing at flex. It’s on both sides.

Jeep Gladiator 38's are the Goldilocks of tires (owner review) IMG_7229

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
yes same offset as you. The control arms are installed correctly, bend going Inward. I’m aligned as well with steer smarts track bar. There is a clear place it rubs.
Have you flexed your suspension out? It might only be rubbing at flex. It’s on both sides.

Jeep Gladiator 38's are the Goldilocks of tires (owner review) IMG_7229
I've been on 3 wheels flexed out and have not had rubbing. Just stuffed my 38/13.5 and did not have rubbing. I am running AEV drop brackets... What's your wheelbase and caster measurements?

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Looks great!

I'm also putting 38s on a 2.5" lift (Clayton). Wondering what you are doing for inner fenders. In your original picture it looks like the stock inner fenders are still in it? Did you just cut the stock plastic liner where it was rubbing?
I took the inner fender liners out and replaced them with rugged ridge front/paramount rear plastic liners to give it a stock appearance. Not sure how readily available they are anymore. I noticed minor rubbing on the inner fender where it attaches to the fender when I stuffed the tire at normal street PSI. I may add a .5" spacer up front to counter act that but I'm still pondering my options.

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've been on 3 wheels flexed out and have not had rubbing. Just stuffed my 38/13.5 and did not have rubbing. I am running AEV drop brackets... What's your wheelbase and caster measurements?
Don’t remember caster but your drop brackets may be helping by keeping them low. I’d imagine those would have a bigger impact than caster and wheelbase.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Just some info..3" Clayton front, 3.5" Synergy rears, 38" Trail Grapplers and Icon beadlocks. No rubbing so far and no issue steering...its not ready yet to play in the rocks. Stock 3.73's Diesel Rubicon. "Might" regear a little once I get it finished TBD. I Have RCV's for the front and TBD on the rear. It had 39" KM3's..just crappy tires so sold them.

20230925_090724.jpg
What didn’t you like about the KM3’s and How long did you run them? I’m curious as that was a tire I was looking at but the price of them currently has me looking at other options for the future. I currently run Maxxis Razr MT’s in a 40” (that’s all I could get during Covid times) looking to drop down to a 38” in the near future. I may just go back to nittos or Mickeys. I wish the Baja boss MT was offered in a 38”

upnover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I took the inner fender liners out and replaced them with rugged ridge front/paramount rear plastic liners to give it a stock appearance. Not sure how readily available they are anymore. I noticed minor rubbing on the inner fender where it attaches to the fender when I stuffed the tire at normal street PSI. I may add a .5" spacer up front to counter act that but I'm still pondering my options.
I didn’t see but where you able to fit a spare in the stock location.

caryt

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 stretched CJ7/LS/tons/40's, 2021 Rubicon JT 39
Occupation
Retired/ Build jeeps
What didn’t you like about the KM3’s and How long did you run them? I’m curious as that was a tire I was looking at but the price of them currently has me looking at other options for the future. I currently run Maxxis Razr MT’s in a 40” (that’s all I could get during Covid times) looking to drop down to a 38” in the near future. I may just go back to nittos or Mickeys. I wish the Baja boss MT was offered in a 38”
Soft side walls, Howl! and just don't work as well as the Nitto's in any conditions. And stupidly overpriced.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I didn’t see but where you able to fit a spare in the stock location.
AEV relocates the spare to the bed. I just take it out when I'm around town and need the bed space for mulch or whatever. I doubt these 38s will fit in the spare location.

upnover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
AEV relocates the spare to the bed. I just take it out when I'm around town and need the bed space for mulch or whatever. I doubt these 38s will fit in the spare location.
Okay thanks. Yeah not sure 38s are going to happen for me. Around town is fine, but when we travel could get a little interesting.

OP
OP
RodRecket

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Okay thanks. Yeah not sure 38s are going to happen for me. Around town is fine, but when we travel could get a little interesting.
Yea I take the spare with on road trips. Since getting a teardrop I don't need to load the bed up so I just pack it with trail essentials.

BigG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Papermaker
38” patty’s, MC 3.5 GC, tereflex nomads, no rubbing or steering issues either. I put metal cloaks 1 ton steering on with the lift just cuz. Regeared to 4.56 from 3.73 (diesel). RCV’s up front and Dana chromoly in the rear.

IMG_9731.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

68393081666__72C70592-DCFB-47CC-9DA3-C0437595EBD0.jpeg

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
That's right! We own a piece of property off of Upper Hightower, hoping to move up there one day.
Lucky! Beautiful there!
Sponsored