Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If mileage was a big deal for me I would of never did it.
Yeah who buys a jeep and worries about gas mileage right but it is nice when you can get better than 18 on 35's but even if I was getting 14 I'd still be on 35's
Sponsored

OP
OP
azrubi

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yeah who buys a jeep and worries about gas mileage right but it is nice when you can get better than 18 on 35's but even if I was getting 14 I'd still be on 35's
94568A8B-CD9B-475A-96AD-E780F863A1D6.png

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
On 3.73 i had a 4 speed and was just fine on the street. Mileage was ok too. On highway I couldn’t really use cruise control, once in awhile could get into fifth but any minor hill or headwind would require 4th. Wouldn’t hold cruise control well, was tough to find gear t match highway velocity with right amount of power. And towing? Ya no
Now with 4.88’s I have a 6 spd, use cruise on the highway in top gear and it holds headwinds and hills like a champ, it’s actually useful and makes you smile. And now from a dig on a steep incline it’ll give a little spin on the tires on the dirt and just go without drama. It’s impressive. What I can do in just 2wd high range now is awesome.

you can deny it but I had your set up, I know, as soon as you test this beyond the street only, you’ll need 4 low or you’ll be smoking clutch and or stalling

OP
OP
azrubi

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
On 3.73 i had a 4 speed and was just fine on the street. Mileage was ok too. On highway I couldn’t really use cruise control, once in awhile could get into fifth but any minor hill or headwind would require 4th. Wouldn’t hold cruise control well, was tough to find gear t match highway velocity with right amount of power. And towing? Ya no
Now with 4.88’s I have a 6 spd, use cruise on the highway in top gear and it holds headwinds and hills like a champ, it’s actually useful and makes you smile. And now from a dig on a steep incline it’ll give a little spin on the tires on the dirt and just go without drama. It’s impressive. What I can do in just 2wd high range now is awesome.

you can deny it but I had your set up, I know, as soon as you test this beyond the street only, you’ll need 4 low or you’ll be smoking clutch and or stalling
Exactly

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
so last night i ran a scope to a small town outside my city for some custom work, cruise control at 124 km/h(77 mph) in 6-th gear, and there are some really long deep valleys on this run, the lowest speed i hit was 120 km/h(74.5 mph) on any of them climbing the hills, this sort of thing with a lifted jeep on 37's with a manual transmission...puts a big ole smile on ones face, rpm looked to be about 2600, 4.88's are the shit ;)

ps my last two tanks 25/75 city/hwy ran 13.8 and 13.9 l/100km respectively, which for my southern friends is 17 and16.9 mpg respectively.

to have the kind of acceleration i have now, AND, the sort of performance on the highway, AND getting best mileage so far since i've gone up to the larger tires from stock....well...it really is win win to re-gear, having my cake and eating it too
Sponsored