Lift/tire size

• Total voters

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Imagine the patch laid in 4HI with the 6.4! :rock:
I am super tempted ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ to get a second set of wheels with more sticky tires and also ones rated for higher speed. The trail grapplers break loose too easy and are heavy AF. Was thinking maybe some 20-inch rim with some Pirellis. Like race truckish
Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
since OP asked for replies to talk him out of 40's....here is my reply... dont do it.
Ok gave it a try...

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
That looks great! I cannot wait to see mine transform. Did you get a new grill or wrap yours? That is another thing I plan to do. I found a grill on marketplace for $60 that I was going to practice wrapping and if it looked good replace mine.
The grill is the Mopar matte black grill that I bought separately.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Just a. Update for me personally. Trying to get my build lined up while I wait for Gecko ๐Ÿ‘€....... Right now torn between a Skyjacker 4.5 lift with shock extensions or the RC 6" lift which comes with shocks, new pitman and drive shaft. Will be posting a new thread later tonight with specifics.

I have however decided to go 22x12 wheels. Just incase I do need to reduce tire size to 38 or 37 and still have some decent sidewall without it looking like rubber bands. My original plan was 24x14. The 22x12 will give me a little bulge. Just incase I actually take this offroad or catch a curb lol.

Sponsored

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
40-42โ€™s??

-5.38 gears
-dana 60โ€™s with chromo shafts
-drive shafts
-notched frame
-fenders

The list goes on and on.
Yeah what this guy said. And add Hemi Swap to make it livable.

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Bruh. Totally.

In reality...what we looking at?
-$2500-3000 in wheel and tire
-$~25,000 in axles, diffs, and gears + labor
-$30-35,000 in hemi swap...less if youre willing to take a chevy motor (barf)
-$10k(?) in lift when install and frame notching/alignment/etc is all done?

Give or take?

I mean yeah, if this is just โ€œget the 40โ€ look for mall crawling and โ€˜Gramโ€™ing.โ€ i guess 4.5โ€ lift with 5.38โ€™s and chromo axles would be ok.

But to actually WHEEL it? damn.
In all seriousness, I'm getting 35s tomorrow. Well, almost 35s. 295/70/R18s.

Jesnamy01

First Name
Jesse and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2022 Gladiator Sport S
Just a. Update for me personally. Trying to get my build lined up while I wait for Gecko ๐Ÿ‘€....... Right now torn between a Skyjacker 4.5 lift with shock extensions or the RC 6" lift which comes with shocks, new pitman and drive shaft. Will be posting a new thread later tonight with specifics.

I have however decided to go 22x12 wheels. Just incase I do need to reduce tire size to 38 or 37 and still have some decent sidewall without it looking like rubber bands. My original plan was 24x14. The 22x12 will give me a little bulge. Just incase I actually take this offroad or catch a curb lol.
What width tire you running with 12โ€ wheel?

Sponsored

Morphling

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Galdiator Diesel
I guess my point is as much to anyone reading as it is to you.

If you want to run 40โ€™s because you want to run 40โ€™s; then run 40โ€™s. Itโ€™s America. Enjoy the heck out of it.

If you want a big ass Jeep because you like big ass jeeps, then build you a big ass Jeep and enjoy the heck out of it.

If you want to bash down the hardest of hard core trails, and have a shit ton of cash to burn (I dont) then build you a big ass truck on Dana 60โ€™s and 40-42โ€™s and enjoy the heck out of it.

But if the question is โ€œhey, i want to wheel this thing, what do I need?โ€ Then you probably dont need 40โ€™s. And you DEFINITELY need to be aware of what is truly involved in going to a tire that big to actually wheel it.

I fully admit I have 37โ€™s because of the look. I knew what parts I wanted for my lift for the drive I know I wanted. When that was done, with the spring rates i wanted, with the shock mounts that worked with my Mojave shocks, a 35 would have looked too small. Had there been a 35โ€ option at the time, i would have probably gone that route. But I know what comes with going 37โ€™s, and the trade offs were worth it. It meant lift. And gears. And ball joints. And a tie rod. And a drag link. And the control arms. It will mean chromo shafts sooner rather than later. Etc I can park at work and in my garage, so, ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Its a personal thing, that i think a lot of people see โ€˜gram builds flexed out (and it does look cool) and think thats what they โ€œneedโ€ to go wheeling/camping. This steers people wrong and into builds that are too involved, too expensive, and too extreme for what they want. Now you cant park in the garage deck. Or in the garage at home. Its a pain in the ass to drive around. It costs to maintain it. Etc etc etc I mean shit. You toss on the absolute bare minimum to run 40โ€™s, and you could end up with death wobble your first drive to work or on a trip with your kids on the interstate and flip the jeep. You might break your axle shaft your first wheeling trip; and if youre by yourself or with another guy who doesnt know shit about fixing trucks and youโ€™re PROPER fucked.

Id just hate for someone to come here asking for advice; possibly be on a budget; and get steered into something too deep and end up hating life because of the burden.
Thank you for the sanity.
OP - build what you want, enjoy it and make sure you pass down that passion to your kids.

โ€˜merica, fuck yeah!

OP
OP
Dtrues878

Dtrues878

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineering
since OP asked for replies to talk him out of 40's....here is my reply... dont do it.
Ok gave it a try...
Thank you sir. I went with Nitto Ridge Grappler 37's in Warn Jackhammer gunmetal grey wheels. Lift and tires are being installed on Tuesday so I will have pictures to post next week.

Thank you all for your help!

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
This thread makes me feel real good about my 37x12.5r17 purchase... they come in this week. Mopar 2" with a 1.5 spacer up front and .75 in the rear

OP
OP
Dtrues878

Dtrues878

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineering
This thread makes me feel real good about my 37x12.5r17 purchase... they come in this week. Mopar 2" with a 1.5 spacer up front and .75 in the rear
So that is actually what Isettled on as well. Went with Mopar 2" since I opted for the additional warranty when I bought the truck so figured I would go with the Mopar lift instead of the RK kit. Iabsolutely love how it turned out!!

14A46C36-F0E5-4265-8601-CEDCEEA18985.jpeg

6EB88FAC-10FC-47AF-B0B8-88038322849F.jpeg

A2193CCF-7CFC-4329-BA74-A95EE8C63574.jpeg

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I am super tempted ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ to get a second set of wheels with more sticky tires and also ones rated for higher speed. The trail grapplers break loose too easy and are heavy AF. Was thinking maybe some 20-inch rim with some Pirellis. Like race truckish
That said, I do run 34" tires when pulling my 3500-4k lbs trailer in the rockies. Its a high clearance trailer, so we go deep into stuff 18' trailers shouldn't be in. But when I return, 37's go back on.
Sponsored