Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
The A/c in the JT has been great, blowing really cold; but....

That said, it seems that every now and again, the cabin gets a burst of hot & humid outside air into the cabin.
You'd almost think that a window was opened and shut quickly.

The whole time, the air is blowing cold out of the dash vents.

IE: Today during a 450 mile trip, it happened 3-4 times. It lasts 1-4minutes.
I did notice that when I stomped on the gas to merge onto the highway, it happened almost immediately. (might have just been coincidence)
Not sure if there are any vacuum lines on these things or if it's all electronic internals.

I'm tempted to start running the recirc. button to see if it happens with it on or not.
Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Auto temp or air con manual?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I run in Manual mode with the AC and Recirc on all the time. The system occassionally opens the outside air vent for short periods of time. I assume it is to keep the cabin air from becoming dangerous (probably due to some lawsuit from the past).

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
I run in Manual mode with the AC and Recirc on all the time. The system occassionally opens the outside air vent for short periods of time. I assume it is to keep the cabin air from becoming dangerous (probably due to some lawsuit from the past).
Ok, GTK. I was unaware of the any past issues.

But, it's good to see others experience the same thing. Thank you for the feedback!

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I've had the same issue but it's happened mostly at a steady cruise for me. It will feel like there's a warm pocket of air about face height and seemingly only in the front.

No dual zone here either so it's not that weird issue they had months ago.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
That is my assumption also, but that warm air blast just isn’t outside air....I get it occasionally (seem to only when on manual air con). Im in AK, and that blast is much warmer and muggier than ambient outside air. I don’t buy it completely yet, and hope to track it down someday.

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
It’s been tracked down and covered here before. I don’t have a link to the tread but I’ll give you a brief recap of what I remember. It’s a vent behind the cabin air filter that lets in air from the engine compartment. Every so often (30+ minutes) if the a/c is in recirc it opens to let in “fresh” air. When the truck is stoped you won’t even notice it gets sucked in the the a/c inlet, cooled then added to the cabin through the vents. However driving down the road the air comes rushing in past the inlet to the a/c and floods into the cab directly. I personally think it’s a design flaw, when it opens that vent it should close the inlet from the cab so the air has to be cooled, but evidently Jeep has done it this way on a lot of models a long time and thinks it’s fine.
My take away from the tread was, turn off recirc when the a/c gets the cab cool enough, or take the freedom panels off, then you won’t notice. LOL.
I don’t have a Gladiator yet. So I can’t tell you how those techniques work. Good luck.

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
It’s been tracked down and covered here before. I don’t have a link to the tread but I’ll give you a brief recap of what I remember. It’s a vent behind the cabin air filter that lets in air from the engine compartment. Every so often (30+ minutes) if the a/c is in recirc it opens to let in “fresh” air. When the truck is stoped you won’t even notice it gets sucked in the the a/c inlet, cooled then added to the cabin through the vents. However driving down the road the air comes rushing in past the inlet to the a/c and floods into the cab directly. I personally think it’s a design flaw, when it opens that vent it should close the inlet from the cab so the air has to be cooled, but evidently Jeep has done it this way on a lot of models a long time and thinks it’s fine.
My take away from the tread was, turn off recirc when the a/c gets the cab cool enough, or take the freedom panels off, then you won’t notice. LOL.
I don’t have a Gladiator yet. So I can’t tell you how those techniques work. Good luck.
Thank you! I did search and apparently not in the correct wording.

Lindacamp941

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ7,2014 stingray, 2012 Tacoma
Thank you for the post. I have a sport s and the same thing has happened to me. It's a weird feeling when it happens.

Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey I had the same issue on mine. Mine was coming from the glove box and then spreading down to the driver side. Under the steering wheel. You have to take it in there’s a star case on it. I’ll look up the exactly what it was called. They have to take apart the entire dash And replace a pin. I end not doing it because I had it lemoned.

JAPE

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020JT
Occupation
Engineer
The A/c in the JT has been great, blowing really cold; but....

That said, it seems that every now and again, the cabin gets a burst of hot & humid outside air into the cabin.
You'd almost think that a window was opened and shut quickly.

The whole time, the air is blowing cold out of the dash vents.

IE: Today during a 450 mile trip, it happened 3-4 times. It lasts 1-4minutes.
I did notice that when I stomped on the gas to merge onto the highway, it happened almost immediately. (might have just been coincidence)
Not sure if there are any vacuum lines on these things or if it's all electronic internals.

I'm tempted to start running the recirc. button to see if it happens with it on or not.
Running the AC whether it was 70F or 100F+ outside regardless of AC temp setting (AC not in auto mode) I also experienced hot air blowing from the passenger side floor area. This would happen randomly with city driving or cruising at highway speeds (kept it in the double digits).

Today, per my request (from forum suggestions) the dealer reprogrammed per TSB 24-007-19 and TSB 24-007-21.

This seems to have fixed the problem, I will advise if further driving reveals otherwise.
2020 JTR
odometer>> 34500+ miles

Thank you all for the information that helped.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Running the AC whether it was 70F or 100F+ outside regardless of AC temp setting (AC not in auto mode) I also experienced hot air blowing from the passenger side floor area. This would happen randomly with city driving or cruising at highway speeds (kept it in the double digits).

Today, per my request (from forum suggestions) the dealer reprogrammed per TSB 24-007-19 and TSB 24-007-21.

This seems to have fixed the problem, I will advise if further driving reveals otherwise.
2020 JTR
odometer>> 34500+ miles

Thank you all for the information that helped.
That 24-007-21 TSB does the trick! I had been getting heat blasts as well as a hot cabin on warm days regardless of the temp setting. I took it in yesterday and the dealership performed the TSB. 45 minutes after arriving, I drove it off their lot with the AC performing perfectly. The difference is like night and day.

Seriously, if anyone thinks their AC should be getting their cabin cooler than it is while it's on automatic mode, or if they're getting short puffs of hot air, then they should go in and request that TSB.

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Anyone who had the 24-007-21 update have a OBD adapter and Jscan or another app, and could check the software version of the module? My dealer says they did the update but there was no change in my HVAC module versions.

Jeep Gladiator A/C, sudden burst of warm air? 2023-04-02 10_12_35-2023-04-02 10_05_10-.png ‎- Photos
Sponsored