Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
Taking apart the acc module:

1. Remove the 4 outside screws and run a blade around the cover to cut through the silicon.
2. The cover comes off and exposes the radar antenna. Take those 4screws out and gently pry the board from the module. The backside has electronics, most likely fir the radar high frequency circuitry.
3. Remove the metal shielding cover, which exposes additional circuity and the 2 screws holding the camera in.
4. Remove the screws and the camera comes right out.
5. Now Iā€™m stuck, still havenā€™t seen the eeprom. Suspect it behind this board. The board wonā€™t come out because the connector on the backside of module is soldered directly to this board. Iā€™ll need to get desoldering wick to continueā€¦.
C7F14238-5046-4325-A5FE-5259225F1755.jpeg
5EA1DBEB-28C1-4846-BE01-14028239615F.jpeg
B1028C7C-20C8-4C08-9B2F-E33C130F8EAC.jpeg
D0766D69-B4EF-4640-9D33-D330CB098542.jpeg
0BD028A9-FC03-436F-9687-7B696BBC6B94.jpeg
5EA1DBEB-28C1-4846-BE01-14028239615F.jpeg
B1028C7C-20C8-4C08-9B2F-E33C130F8EAC.jpeg
D0766D69-B4EF-4640-9D33-D330CB098542.jpeg
0BD028A9-FC03-436F-9687-7B696BBC6B94.jpeg
Wow. So I hear there is a radar in this unit and the 76GHz range is set aside for vehicle collision avoidance. Picture #3 in the post above appears to be a phased array antenna and if for 76GHz that would be very impressive. Not that long ago just this module would have cost more than the vehicle. In the 90s I worked in the radar cross section measuring business and was actually a human Guinee Pig for GM standing in front of a 76GHz imaging radar so they could profile a human for future research for vehicle avoidance systems. At that time I couldn't imagine something this sophisticated being provided in an everyday vehicle. Wow.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. So I hear there is a radar in this unit and the 76GHz range is set aside for vehicle collision avoidance. Picture #3 in the post above appears to be a phased array antenna and if for 76GHz that would be very impressive. Not that long ago just this module would have cost more than the vehicle. In the 90s I worked in the radar cross section measuring business and was actually a human Guinee Pig for GM standing in front of a 76GHz imaging radar so they could profile a human for future research for vehicle avoidance systems. At that time I couldn't imagine something this sophisticated being provided in an everyday vehicle. Wow.
Itā€™s really cool how fast things have advanced in 30 years.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
S corp
That's what my wife and I did when we had our store.
I'd love to pick your mind for real world experience ie; S Corp vs. LLC. But I do not want to pollute this thread with it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to pick your mind for real world experience ie; S Corp vs. LLC. But I do not want to pollute this thread with it.
Too bad you aren't in FL - my son wants us to come down for another visit and side trips in Florida can be fun.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Username to post content checks out.

Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
It appears the only storage space in this module is inside the microcontroller. (the big 48 pin device in the above picture) Its labeled as F1816A, and datasheet is:

https://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=F1816A&sField=3

Microcontrollers are hard. Software can be written in them that prevents "changing" or code written to protected memory areas. There is an alternative, but it will be involved. Obtain the microcontroller that hasn't been programmed, read the existing one, make the vin changes and write it to the new microcontroller. Not that its impossible, but so much can go wrong... :( Unless someone has another idea....
Got some good news for you. I decided to fiddle with these used DASMā€™s today, and I can get them calibrated. I donā€™t know what the issue was before, but this is what I did, so you can tell the tech to do the same when they calibrate:
Enter Plant Mode:
Jeep Gladiator ACC (Adaptive Cruise) Retrofit >> Underway, PSA F452E485-3ED9-41C7-A75E-8B02AD86078F

Jeep Gladiator ACC (Adaptive Cruise) Retrofit >> Underway, PSA 933B278F-7E1B-4455-AB4C-590410C67E0A

Run the calibration. It takes quite a bit of driving through various traffic situations:
Jeep Gladiator ACC (Adaptive Cruise) Retrofit >> Underway, PSA 1CE2FDCD-D0CA-4561-A2B2-FCF955333CFD

Jeep Gladiator ACC (Adaptive Cruise) Retrofit >> Underway, PSA 8B39A186-BBFB-418F-883A-6B2FB6733A88

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl, 2018 ram 1500, 2014 jetta
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks Jimmy. So what is the tech using to put in plant mode? The mopar service app? Thanks.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jimmy. So what is the tech using to put in plant mode? The mopar service app? Thanks.
Micropod with wiTECH2, which is what they use for all of their diagnostics.

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You can probably make a few dollars by buying used DASM modules, putting them in plant mode, and selling on ebay, or in these forums. I think you could make around $300-$500 per module doing this. I've been thinking about getting a witech2 but the initial cost is crazy. Dealers aren't too keen on allowing me to use a used module. And if the vehicle never came with ACC, they frown on that also. I asked JSCAN team to work on this, and they said they would, but I'm not holding my breath on that. There is another used module on ebay for $145 right now. If you would sell me one the used ones you have, that you can get into plant mode, I'll send you mine and toss in a few dollars to make it worth your while.

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Ok, i got the DASM programmed, however, I'm getting 2 errors that I cannot clear:

1. Under the Adaptive Cruise Control, I'm getting vehicle configuration missmatch - active Adaptive Cruise Control

2. Under Drivers Asstance Sytem, I'm getting vehicle configuration missmatch - active Drivers Assistance System

The RF hub is generating an unrelated error, but I had that before.

The hydralic and ABS modules were used. Also, as your aware of, the DASM is used. The ABS module gave me an error on first check, but an ABS initialization fixed that. I've enabled everything that I can find from a Alpha OBD Dump but no clue. Any guidance?

Also, I now have a current VIN and original VIN in the DASM module when its querried. The ABS module only reports one vin, and its correct.

Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, i got the DASM programmed, however, I'm getting 2 errors that I cannot clear:

1. Under the Adaptive Cruise Control, I'm getting vehicle configuration missmatch - active Adaptive Cruise Control

2. Under Drivers Asstance Sytem, I'm getting vehicle configuration missmatch - active Drivers Assistance System

The RF hub is generating an unrelated error, but I had that before.

The hydralic and ABS modules were used. Also, as your aware of, the DASM is used. The ABS module gave me an error on first check, but an ABS initialization fixed that. I've enabled everything that I can find from a Alpha OBD Dump but no clue. Any guidance?

Also, I now have a current VIN and original VIN in the DASM module when its querried. The ABS module only reports one vin, and its correct.
Double check all these settings to make sure theyā€™re set as follows:
VehConfig 2: Cruise Control Present- NO

VehConfig 7: Full Speed Range Forward Collision Warning Plus System- YES

VehConfig 7: Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present- ACC WITH STOP (auto trans only)/ ACC (manual trans only)

CustSetMenu 1: Forward Collision Warning CSM Present- Feature 2 - 3 Option

CustSetMenu 2: Forward Collision Warning Single Setting (Warning and Brake) CSM Present- YES

P/T Chassis Net: ACC/DASM Adaptive Cruise Control/Driver Assistance Module- ENABLED

Make sure that you do not enable this setting:
P/T Chassis Net: ACC Adaptive Cruise Control- NOT ENABLED

Any other settings that you see that mention ACC or forward collision warning do not get enabled.

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I made a few changes, from your list above, and now its complaining about the abs module. the 2 errors I get now are:

C2227-00 abs disabled ecu - active Adaptive Cruise Control
C2227-00 abs disabled ecu - active Drivers Assistance System

There are NO errors in the ABS module. I've checked all the settings again. I'm starting to think the abs mod/pump I was sold as used and came from a 2019 jeep wrangler JL w/FWD collision warning isn't completely accurate... In the topology, the DASM module is yellow, and the ABS module is blue. The part numbers that are on the modules aren't Jeep part numbers so that makes it even more difficult. I'll have to break down and buy the set from a dealer....

When I queried error C2227-00, the first one on the list is the ABS Module is not ready for the DASM. If its incorrect part, then yea, it won't ever be ready...

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made a few changes, from your list above, and now its complaining about the abs module. the 2 errors I get now are:

C2227-00 abs disabled ecu - active Adaptive Cruise Control
C2227-00 abs disabled ecu - active Drivers Assistance System

There are NO errors in the ABS module. I've checked all the settings again. I'm starting to think the abs mod/pump I was sold as used and came from a 2019 jeep wrangler JL w/FWD collision warning isn't completely accurate... In the topology, the DASM module is yellow, and the ABS module is blue. The part numbers that are on the modules aren't Jeep part numbers so that makes it even more difficult. I'll have to break down and buy the set from a dealer....

When I queried error C2227-00, the first one on the list is the ABS Module is not ready for the DASM. If its incorrect part, then yea, it won't ever be ready...
The HCU is compatible between the wrangler and gladiator, but the ABS module is not.

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My truck is a 2019 Jeep wrangler jl šŸ˜œ

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My truck is a 2019 Jeep wrangler jl šŸ˜œ
Ah, I figured gladiator forum, and assumedā€¦
DASM is from a 19 wrangler also (different part number for each year, but might not matter)?
Sponsored