First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
How to say, "I didn't watch the video" without saying, "I didn't watch the video".
How to say, "I didn't watch the video" without saying, "I didn't watch the video".
lol I did watch the video. Please point out where it addresses the fact these are bottom of the barrel parts in their individual categories. I can also air up a paddle board and my tires with an AutoZone cigarette plug in compressor for 29.99.

And the statement “tuned shocks” means zero when it comes to performance off-road or on road and simply implies they were designed for the weight and the behavior of the airbags. So I need to throw out another 2k now to get my adjustable falcons or Fox shocks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
lol I did watch the video. Please point out where it addresses the fact these are bottom of the barrel parts in their individual categories. I can also air up a paddle board and my tires with an AutoZone cigarette plug in compressor for 29.99.

And the statement “tuned shocks” means zero when it comes to performance off-road or on road and simply implies they were designed for the weight and the behavior of the airbags. So I need to throw out another 2k now to get my adjustable falcons or Fox shocks.
"Great! What shocks? "

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
If it gets you off of high center in the middle of nowhere or keeps water out of the cab then there's value.
You don't have to ride around at 5 inches to benefit from it.
Those are definitely valid points that I didn’t consider. Don’t make me justify this somehow. 🤣

Sponsored

HiViz-Va

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport S
Just posting FYI.
Ok, just joined, new to Jeeps, but have a Hi-Viz Sport S Gladiator on order; 2-3 months. I'm probably going to have this Accuair lift done.

It will be a daily driver, not rock crawling. I like to have a more stealth look, so would be stock height most of the time, but like the ability to raise up as necessary for mild off-road, down to access the bed and allow my wife to get into the truck more easily.

For me this would replace separate mods for lift, leveling, power step, onboard air.

So aside from price, anyone have any practical problems with the Accu-air Gladiator system, anything I should watch out for?

Have not decided on wheels / tires yet. I like the black steel wheels (5 x spare) look. Not looking for a giant tire size, but do want a good driving tire with mild off road ability.

Thanks, J

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Ok, just joined, new to Jeeps, but have a Hi-Viz Sport S Gladiator on order; 2-3 months. I'm probably going to have this Accuair lift done.

It will be a daily driver, not rock crawling. I like to have a more stealth look, so would be stock height most of the time, but like the ability to raise up as necessary for mild off-road, down to access the bed and allow my wife to get into the truck more easily.

For me this would replace separate mods for lift, leveling, power step, onboard air.

So aside from price, anyone have any practical problems with the Accu-air Gladiator system, anything I should watch out for?

Have not decided on wheels / tires yet. I like the black steel wheels (5 x spare) look. Not looking for a giant tire size, but do want a good driving tire with mild off road ability.

Thanks, J
Sport S would be the perfect base model for this I would think.
No need in paying for things that are coming off anyway.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J

Thanks, J

Join the "banned site" that video is from. Eddie is doing a "real world test" of the system and has a dedicated thread for the trials.

Sponsored

HiViz-Va

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport S
Join the "banned site" that video is from. Eddie is doing a "real world test" of the system and has a dedicated thread for the trials.
Done, Thanks!

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
That's quite reasonable for everything included and the features it has.
The great thing about it, you can go full lift for the trail, then on the drive back home you can lower it all the way down for a better ride.

I get it's not some people's cup of tea, but it has a purpose and no one else is attempting to fill the niche.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Finally got to see this in person and talk to the Accuair rep for a good 30min. First off, I've watched the YT videos and I'm impressed by the performance. I don't know why I'm not more skeptical of airbags and the potential of getting a deflated bag while out on an overland trip, but I'm not. It looks super robust and after seeing the system in action I really like the auto-leveling for my application. A few things that seemed slightly different in person vs "Eddy's" video is that the JT will sit at a 4" lift in setting 2 (ride height)... I thought Eddy mentioned a revised 4.5"in ride height? Also, the rep said as long as the truck is running it will auto-level vs driving 25mph to "reset" ride height. From looking underneath the Accurair truck, it retained both stock drive shafts vs the front aftermarket version in Eddy's video. This makes me happier to know that's one less expense with the kit. It also prompted me to ask an online question at Accuair's website (because I forgot to ask in person) what are the shock specifications for the JT? They responded with "the JT shock is a 2" shock body with a 27" extended length and a 17.5" compressed." I feel like these are good numbers for travel and within the front droop safety limits for an OEM driveshaft.

Overall I am really starting to reevaluate my current lift vs the Accuair setup.
Sponsored