First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I haven't run into this, except just one single time it cancelled and said there was a sensor error. Stopped and restarted, never happened again.

Yesterday I picked it up from the dealer for some services, and I think they updated the software. There's one place near home where adaptive always had one little minor oddity, and now it doesn't any more. It behaved perfectly in that spot.

Also prepare yourself for whiny idiots to complain about you taking video while driving. It's inevitable.
Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes but you need a completely different windshield, one that's designed for ACC. That's what I was told. Something to do with the special area in front of the camera sensor at your mirror. I was quoted $1100 for replacement windshield if you had ACC, and $245 if you did not. You can call you local glass company and ask that question to them.
To my understanding the difference in the ACC and non-ACC windshields is just the checkered shading across the top. There is no real difference in the glass itself. It sounds like they quoted you an OEM ACC version versus an aftermarket non-ACC. When I had to replace mine, the price delta was a hundred bucks or so. I have ACC and just asked out of curiosity and not because I had any choice. It also sounds like they included the famed recalibration. My glass shop of 20 years said the recal was not needed, but he would happily do it if I just wanted to give him money. I declined his gracious offer šŸ˜ and found that ACC works just fine since the replacement.

I use it all the time here in Houston traffic. It is extremely helpful and does add safety. Every driver has been distracted for various reasons and this feature could well save you from trouble, perhaps even a life. And those that poo poo the feature are limiting their thinking. Just because you have and use it does not make you a poorer driver. It is just another tool to use that is fabulous in my view. I even think of it as a fun game to watch how it behaves in various situations. Iā€™m always at the ready to augment if I disagree with its performance. That speed-up then slow-down foot fatigue will spread through the body.

it ainā€™t perfect but Iā€™m glad I have it.

OP
OP
wvuviv30

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Anyone have the issue where the ACC canceles over and over and over for no reason. Im talking cancels itself 15 times in 1.5min.

Have you talked to the Dealer about this? There might have been a TSB to update the software.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I have it on my Gladiator Rubicon and find it to work as flawlessly as the same feature on my 2020 Model Y Tesla. I absolutely would recommend anyone buying a new Gladiator to get it.
dont wanna stray off topic but I hate my model Y. its been in a flat bed to the service center three times already. Iā€™m trading it for a Rivian this fall

Sky Soldier

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon current, sold: 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon, 2007 JKU Sahara, 1995 2dr Sport, 1979 CJ7 AMC 304
Occupation
Retired
I guess every car maker makes lemons. Except for a rattle behind the rear seats, my Model Y is near perfect. I love driving it. The premium sound on the Y is a Bang and Olufsen unit and the audio it produces is premium. I had a Model 3 but it sets too low for my old bones. The SUV Model Y is a perfect height. I would buy again. EV are the future. Fossil fuel is nasty.

Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Another satisfied ACC customer here. Has worked flawlessly on several 7 - 9 hour road trips and I would agree with others that it helps with fatigue. Despite cabin noise in general on these vehicles I find them enjoyable on road trips.

My only gripe with the ACC is the button locations which is mostly user error and familiarity with the truck.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Cabin noise? I find the Gladiator pretty damn quiet. Do you have the headliners? They make a big difference. Which tires?

Proteus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
I think the main benefit is that ACC helps a ton with gas milage, on a trip I can get it to 18mpg with both bumpers, winch, gear, and 33s

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Cabin noise? I find the Gladiator pretty damn quiet. Do you have the headliners? They make a big difference. Which tires?
I do have the factory option headliner but Iā€™m tempted to go with the hotheads option as an upgrade. Iā€™m still on stock 33ā€ falken ATā€™s.

Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
dont wanna stray off topic but I hate my model Y. its been in a flat bed to the service center three times already. Iā€™m trading it for a Rivian this fall
Interesting, I'm about to order a Model Y Performance, but hesitant because I want a "Plaid" version. Tesla hasn't mentioned a Plaid model Y but I would feel crappy if it came out after I bought mines.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I do have the factory option headliner but Iā€™m tempted to go with the hotheads option as an upgrade. Iā€™m still on stock 33ā€ falken ATā€™s.
Same tires and headliners here, and I thought I was too whiny about road noise! LOL

I had the Hotheads "premium" in my first JK, and OEM in the second one and now the JT. I prefer the OEM by a lot. I don't think Hotheads is an upgrade. Do they claim that?

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Same tires and headliners here, and I thought I was too whiny about road noise! LOL

I had the Hotheads "premium" in my first JK, and OEM in the second one and now the JT. I prefer the OEM by a lot. I don't think Hotheads is an upgrade. Do they claim that?
According to many in the thread on the hotheadz product itā€™s an upgrade. I may just do the floor liner and call it a day though.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I may just do the floor liner and call it a day though.
Which one are you considering? The floor of the JKs and JTs get super hot on long trips in AZ heat. I'd love to reduce both noise and heat. I've considered something like the Dynamat hood liner, but haven't looked into it a lot.

I think the OEM headliners look much better. The Hotheadz look cheap to me. Both of them give a measured 3-ish dB reduction in noise, which is actually quite a bit. I didn't measure the temperature improvement but both keep you from baking in AZ sun in summer.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Back on adaptive cruise and AEB... My credit union that has the loan has been nagging me to get a quote for insurance from them. So I did. I tried quoting the Gladiator both with and without ACC/AEB. My current insurance gives a huge discount for having them. So did some of their quotes, as much as a 40% difference with these safety features. So they pay for themselves, and more. And if insurance company statistics say they save money, then it also proves they save crashes and possibly lives.
Sponsored