Sponsored

Added MOPAR Aux Switch Pod - The results...

FrankW GOBI

First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self-Employed
Has anyone added these with a jscan and had no blown fuses, no errors, and no issues?
Im interested in doing this, and I have a jscan setup.
I did it with no blown fuses. It was a fun install for me except getting those beeping wires through the firewall. That was a pain in my ass! I used jscan and it everything worked. It took a few days for it to show up in the menus on the screen but it all worked. Also the start and stop feature gave me issues for a week after the install but now it works fine.
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I did it with no blown fuses. It was a fun install for me except getting those beeping wires through the firewall. That was a pain in my ass! I used jscan and it everything worked. It took a few days for it to show up in the menus on the screen but it all worked. Also the start and stop feature gave me issues for a week after the install but now it works fine.
I has the same experience. Everything went pretty well with the exception of two very frustrating hang ups.

1. feeding the wires through the firewall grommet.
2. Puling the (orange I think) wire pin from the plug, it really fought me and I ended up mangling it a little bit. Ended up having to replace it by soldering a new one in.

I had the dealer flash the computer for me, they also verified all of my wiring and had a plastic rivet gun and replaced the fender rivets for me. I wish I would've of ordered the aux package from the factory, that's my only regret. Overall its not that complicated of an install but those two hang ups I listed will make you doubt yourself during the install.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
has anyone ever tried to direct wire this kit rather than redo the factory pins? Is there something in the switch panel that keep if from operating if you run direct power to it like through fuse tap or a t-harness? if you're not worried about controlling them via the head unit.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone ever tried to direct wire this kit rather than redo the factory pins? Is there something in the switch panel that keep if from operating if you run direct power to it like through fuse tap or a t-harness? if you're not worried about controlling them via the head unit.
They are not simple on/off switches. They are controlled through the computer system. They need power plus a CAN buss connection. There are options available from other vendors that are just on/off switches.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
They are not simple on/off switches. They are controlled through the computer system. They need power plus a CAN buss connection. There are options available from other vendors that are just on/off switches.
Figured as much. I was wondering where that happens. I'm guessing there's a board inside the switch panel.

Wvguard

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PM
I appreciate the tip. Watched the video. It’s just too much hassle to begin to tackle that. I’m starting to think my time is worth much more than all that trouble. i really enjoyed doing all these things on my JKU but these newer ones are frustrating.
In the middle of my install now and that little orange wire is the hardest part looks like mine did not seat as it is supposed to so now have to take kick panel back out and try yet again.
Sponsored