Sponsored

Added MOPAR Aux Switch Pod - The results...

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I was considering buying the Mopar switches, but after reading about what people were going through to get them installed, NOPE!
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I was considering buying the Mopar switches, but after reading about what people were going through to get them installed, NOPE!
The biggest problem with adding the AUX switches is the instructions. Apparently, if you follow them as written, it pops a couple fuses. This prevents the programming change to recognize them from taking effect. The hardest part of the install is getting the wires through the firewall.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I'm getting too old for the possibility of becoming aggitated, so my best option is to forgo it. I might ask the owner of a Jeep upgrade business what he would charge. Then again, I was only thinking about only adding a 32" lightbar that I removed from my 2013 JKU. So, the 4 switch panel would be overkill.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Check out Voswitch on Amazon, looks pretty good, if I didn’t have the oem switches I would go this route

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Insurance
I am so frustrated I want to break something. There is not much that I cannot do on a Jeep and I can’t get this done. The wiring part doesn’t phase me at all. I can’t get to that part. I can’t get a coat hanger through the grommet. You can’t get to the grommet. I wish I would have never even tried to start this myself. Now I’m going to have to pay Jeep some stupid fee to do this. I agree with the statement mentioned above that this should be standard on all models. Doing this later is just too costly or a huge pain in the a$$!

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I am so frustrated I want to break something. There is not much that I cannot do on a Jeep and I can’t get this done. The wiring part doesn’t phase me at all. I can’t get to that part. I can’t get a coat hanger through the grommet. You can’t get to the grommet. I wish I would have never even tried to start this myself. Now I’m going to have to pay Jeep some stupid fee to do this. I agree with the statement mentioned above that this should be standard on all models. Doing this later is just too costly or a huge pain in the a$$!
If this is true, then remove the battery tray. It's about an hour worth of work in each direction and best part is there won't be any grommet stabbing (or fender/liner removal) required. Without the battery in the way it's completely wide open from the top.

Use the Genesis dual tray video to get an idea how to do it, remove the whole thing, snip the tip of the nipple off that's above the harness and it's hollow inside - feed the harness through there. You can secure it with a ziptie super tight around the nipple to hold the harness in place then run some tape up the harness to help waterproof a bit better.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Has anyone added these with a jscan and had no blown fuses, no errors, and no issues?
Im interested in doing this, and I have a jscan setup.

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Insurance
If this is true, then remove the battery tray. It's about an hour worth of work in each direction and best part is there won't be any grommet stabbing (or fender/liner removal) required. Without the battery in the way it's completely wide open from the top.

Use the Genesis dual tray video to get an idea how to do it, remove the whole thing, snip the tip of the nipple off that's above the harness and it's hollow inside - feed the harness through there. You can secure it with a ziptie super tight around the nipple to hold the harness in place then run some tape up the harness to help waterproof a bit better.
I appreciate the tip. Watched the video. It’s just too much hassle to begin to tackle that. I’m starting to think my time is worth much more than all that trouble. i really enjoyed doing all these things on my JKU but these newer ones are frustrating.

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
If I recall correctly, the grommet has 2 layers, it is a bit hard to penetrate both.

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone added these with a jscan and had no blown fuses, no errors, and no issues?
Im interested in doing this, and I have a jscan setup.
I got the and used the Jscan after the dealer added the option to my VIN. There are 4 settings to check. See my earlier post. I did find that the 5Amp fuse in the wiring harness did blow at some point. Once replace everything worked fine.

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I got the and used the Jscan after the dealer added the option to my VIN. There are 4 settings to check. See my earlier post. I did find that the 5Amp fuse in the wiring harness did blow at some point. Once replace everything worked fine.
So even with JSCAN you still have to require a trip to the dealer? Blah, thats what I was hoping to avoid. I just hate dealing with dealerships.

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
So even with JSCAN you still have to require a trip to the dealer? Blah, thats what I was hoping to avoid. I just hate dealing with dealerships.
To clarify, I took it to the dealer ($50 to add the option) to avoid having to program it myself, when it didn't work (the switches didn't even show up on the radio when I left the dealership). I took it back again to the dealership and they said the option was there. They offered to debug it for ~$150 bucks. I left and got the Jscan and then figured it out myself. Hind sight I would have tried doing it myself before dealing with the dealer at all.

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I did not took into the dealership to activate the AUX switches.
The JSCAN app was able to activate it - After a few hours the AUX switch option was available on the Uconnect

EWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
FWIW, there were zero problems when I installed the AUX switches and used my Tazer JL Mini to activate them.

Front Runner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Insurance
I just couldn’t get through the grommet. That was the frustrating part.
Sponsored