Sponsored

Added MOPAR Aux Switch Pod - The results...

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
There are three auxiliary switch settings groups in JScan, I set each of them to what seemed to make sense, eg: 4 switch. Did you change all of those settings too?
I did change all of them.
the switches will light up when pushed and show up on the Uconnect system
Sponsored

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
After watching several videos and reading the directions 10 times, I installed the MOPAR Aux Switch Pod. I do realize you have to have the feature added to your VIN through DealerConnect. What nobody says is what works or doesn't work after the install. Here are my results:

My Front and Rear Cameras no longer worked - "unavailable". OMG, what did I do wrong I thought, after checking fuses and a lost night of sleep, they worked the next morning. Perhaps having the battery disconnected for several hours had an impact.

The Auto Start/Stop Feature no longer works. The Icon displays constant on the dash, the Disable button illuminates and seams to work fine, but the function doesn't work. Could be a blessing, hate it anyways.

Finally, depressing the Switch Pod buttons 1-4 does nothing, they don't illuminate. Not sure if that is the end result before having the vehicle flashed or not. UGH! Time to schedule an appointment.

In the end, they look nice, pain to install, no joke it was frightening ripping the moldling, dash, and fenders apart. Hope it is worth it.

Finally, got into the dealer, and they programmed the LH2 sales code for the switch pod into the system. Cost was $62.50. The result is nothing, they are inoperable. Nothing new shows in the settings menu of the radio. Checked the fuses, a main and the 4 relay fuses - all good. :( Not real happy.

They had to order an intelligent battery sensor for the Auto Start/Stop. Not sure if that has any relationship to the switch pod.

Will give it a day or so to see if magically it comes alive before I tear things apart and check the wiring again.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
My radio showed the switches before they were up and running in my Jeep when I enabled the option on my Tazer Mini so if you aren't seeing the option, that sounds like the sales code wasn't programmed properly.

Either that or you might need to do a full reset to get the control module to initialize with the new code... I'd pull the negative terminals off the battery (the two nuts on top, not the one on the battery itself) and keep them isolated for an hour to let the truck reset. You have to separate the two leads or it doesn't isolate both batteries from the chassis.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
As I mentioned earlier, it’s also a very real possibility the dealer did it wrong. That was the case for me.

There are several settings that must be changed beyond just enabling in UConnect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
Finally, got into the dealer, and they programmed the LH2 sales code for the switch pod into the system. Cost was $62.50. The result is nothing, they are inoperable. Nothing new shows in the settings menu of the radio. Checked the fuses, a main and the 4 relay fuses - all good. :( Not real happy.

They had to order an intelligent battery sensor for the Auto Start/Stop. Not sure if that has any relationship to the switch pod.

Will give it a day or so to see if magically it comes alive before I tear things apart and check the wiring again.

+2 hours later the AUX appeared under Settings on the radio screen. No illumination of the lights on switches when depress. Crossing my fingers that time will make it all better.

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
+2 hours later the AUX appeared under Settings on the radio screen. No illumination of the lights on switches when depress. Crossing my fingers that time will make it all better.

+48 hours, switches never illuminate when depressed. Checked continuity of fuses again (all good). Checked -ground and +power connections. I guess I will tear the panels off and check the Orange pins for connectivity again.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
+48 hours, switches never illuminate when depressed. Checked continuity of fuses again (all good). Checked -ground and +power connections. I guess I will tear the panels off and check the Orange pins for connectivity again.
I soldered the orange pins as a preventative measure against any wiggling around. I highly recommend you setup JScan if you are looking to avoid wasting a bunch of time triple checking things. There are 4 total settings that need to be changed on the computer and UConnect. 3 have nothing to do with the switches showing up in UConnect. If your dealer is as clueless as mine was, they missed the non-unconnect settings.

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
Took the side panel off and checked the Orange wiring, Did get rid of the single plug and connected the orange wires directly to each other and used shrink tap, ensuring a good connection, Rechecked the orange pin on the larger plug for tightness, it was secure. Connected two of my LED lights to the power sources under the hood. Still nothing. Will remove the dash and check that plug tomorrow. Found a friend with the JScan, just need the Security cable. Never would have believed it would be such a project. Stay tuned;)

OP
OP
GeepinGeo

GeepinGeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JKU, XJ, YJ, JKU
Occupation
Engineer
Took the side panel off and checked the Orange wiring, Did get rid of the single plug and connected the orange wires directly to each other and used shrink tap, ensuring a good connection, Rechecked the orange pin on the larger plug for tightness, it was secure. Connected two of my LED lights to the power sources under the hood. Still nothing. Will remove the dash and check that plug tomorrow. Found a friend with the JScan, just need the Security cable. Never would have believed it would be such a project. Stay tuned;)

Checked the vehicle after sitting another evening - no change in status.
Loaded the JScan App, now I see the 3 AUX settings others mention that need configured:
1. Aux Switch Module Present On/Off
2. Aux Switches in CSM On/Off
3. Aux Switch Settings On/Off

Ordered the vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD2 Fault Code Reader OBDII Code Scanner Car Check Engine Light iOS iPhone iPad/Android
Ordered the AUGOCOM FCA 12+8 Universal Adapter Cable Adapter Compatible for Chrysler

Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Checked the vehicle after sitting another evening - no change in status.
Loaded the JScan App, now I see the 3 AUX settings others mention that need configured:
1. Aux Switch Module Present On/Off
2. Aux Switches in CSM On/Off
3. Aux Switch Settings On/Off

Ordered the vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD2 Fault Code Reader OBDII Code Scanner Car Check Engine Light iOS iPhone iPad/Android
Ordered the AUGOCOM FCA 12+8 Universal Adapter Cable Adapter Compatible for Chrysler

:fist bump:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Fist bump indeed!

Hope you are up and operational!

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
OK, yall have dissuaded me from installing the factory switch set, I assume switches can still be added the old fashioned way should I need or want some?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
OK, yall have dissuaded me from installing the factory switch set, I assume switches can still be added the old fashioned way should I need or want some?
The AUX switches are best when installed at the factory. They are also sold as a dealer installable option. They can also be self-installed, but require a programming update to make them work. The end result is the same, if they are installed properly. If you want them, the potential problems should not dissuade you, but warn you what to watch for.

If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, and not willing to pay the dealer to do it, then there are other options available that provide the same function. The Jeep option is designed to fit in the dash space available, and look like it was factory installed.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I would literally already be driving a Gladiator right now but because it didn’t come with the Aux switches I bailed on the deal. They told me they could install them through the dealership but my gut said hell no! Smelt like a whole bunch of trips back to the dealership if you ask me. I decided to factory order that way I got everything I wanted and would have no regrets on settling for anything less. I figured I’m not gonna spend all that money on this thing and not have all the features I wanted. Like someone already said these should be a standard option considering it’s only a $300 bump and the fact that it is one of the most marketed features of the new design.
Sponsored