2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Doesn't matter since the seat is normally there anyway. It's still wide open for in/out (ingress/egress).
Do we need to see the ends of the seat when the door is open?
With the cutout, it's also easier to slide stuff into the floor area......... just a thought. I've put long stuff in the back seat when I didn't want it in the back and the door being skinny at the bottom helped.
Seriously, what are we missing aside from seeing the ends of the back seat?
Different doors could have been an extra expense, either delaying the JT or meaning it was just too expensive vs. return.

Only those doing a rear seat delete would really care and I bet that's not even .05%

Door damage? Go to a junkyard that has Wranglers..........
Tube doors and other accessories - cheaper and more common with the commonality of the doors.
I get all of that, but aesthetically it drives me nuts. :D
But I wouldn't change it.
But my point was that since Jeep kept as much in common with the Wrangler as possible, even to the point of reduced capacity (the nose/grille, especially for the diesel guys) for very good reasons, I would never expect them to produce JT specific dashboards and dash harnesses just to accommodate something fairly trivial like a tailgate position light.

PS: I did a partial rear seat delete, and even then functionally the door doesn't really matter. It's all symmetry.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure. I mean, I'll do the double tap to check my position when parking and such and then typically I don't need it anymore and double tap it off. Can't say that I've just left it on, say going down the road, but I've not had it go to sleep while I was doing it. Come to think off it, I've used it on the trail that way a time or too...
The double tap of the mute button had no effect on mine. Is it possibly a tazer live feature, and not a mopar thing?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Missed the other posts. I’m not leaving my Tazer plugged in for that. Too many flaky issues. I just plug it in to make vehicle changes, then disconnect. I was able to move the icon to the tray though. Thanks.

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Missed the other posts. I’m not leaving my Tazer plugged in for that. Too many flaky issues. I just plug it in to make vehicle changes, then disconnect. I was able to move the icon to the tray though. Thanks.
Not sure what your concern is with leaving it plugged in. I’ve had mine plugged in for 2 years and never had a flaky issue. Is that something that has actually happened to you or just what others have reported?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what your concern is with leaving it plugged in. I’ve had mine plugged in for 2 years and never had a flaky issue. Is that something that has actually happened to you or just what others have reported?
Actually happened. Reverse lights get stuck until it’s power cycled on if you unlock with keyfob. Brake hold is flakey and sometimes engages. Heated seats won’t turn off after a remote start, etc. All personal experience.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Actually happened. Reverse lights get stuck until it’s power cycled on if you unlock with keyfob. Brake hold is flakey and sometimes engages. Heated seats won’t turn off after a remote start, etc. All personal experience.
Well that’s unfortunate. You’re missing out on some great functionality. Out of curiosity, have you done a firmware update on the Tazer?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had my tailgate come open. I like to think I didn’t close it well. I find myself using backup camera to verify its closed if I’m ever not sure.
Yup. I"ve got a Tazer, so hiitting the mute button twice turns on the backup cam even if I"m on the highway.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Did you power cycle twice?

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Well that’s unfortunate. You’re missing out on some great functionality. Out of curiosity, have you done a firmware update on the Tazer?
Yep. Several times. Doesn’t bother me. I only want it for TPMS threshold, tire size, gear ratio, etc. permanent vehicle settings.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you power cycle twice?
Yep. I’m very familiar with the process. It truly doesn’t bother me. The things I want it for, it does fine, and then into the glove box it goes.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Besides the obvious "is the latest firmware installed?" and "did you follow the parts about reboots and sleep cycles in the directions EXACTLY?" that have already been asked, I'll add "are you hitting the unlock a bunch of times?". Because there is a feature to intentionally control the bed and reverse lights from the fob with multiple unlock presses. Very handy to have when it's dark out and you have to unload the bed, or just want some extra light walking to/from the vehicle.

keithcroshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Yea being new to a truck, never having to worry about a tailgate before I've forgotten it once. Nothing was in the bed but I was like huh that could have been bad. I noticed when I went to back up and saw the ground lol. Sometimes you need the tailgate open so it'd be nice if the reminder wasn't annoying just one ding and a message like the park assist being disabled which I do when I'm towing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh…fair enough!

EVERYBODY BUY A TAZER!!!
Why? I don't need to spend money when Jeep supplies me with a SHORTCUT I can tap 1 time to see the rear camera LOL
No need for that toy- my money goes for toys I can actually use or need (power steps, etc.)
I guess touching an ICON on the screen is just too much for some, or too "how 1990s" for others ;)

Or, maybe they had no idea there was an ICON! Gee, I need to find a way to turn that camera on!
Oh, wait, there already is a way - an icon? How quaint.
Sponsored