Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I love that idea. I’m being lazy by asking, but do you know if the rear camera app can be put on the taskbar on the 7” head unit?
That I am not sure on... I think you move the apps the same way as on a phone (IIRC) hold the app till it jiggles, and then drag it where you want it.
Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
I love that idea. I’m being lazy by asking, but do you know if the rear camera app can be put on the taskbar on the 7” head unit?
Yes. I have the 7" and my backup camera is set to the bar on the far right. I usually flick it on to make sure I pulled far enough forward when pulling through a parking spot to face out.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That I am not sure on... I think you move the apps the same way as on a phone (IIRC) hold the app till it jiggles, and then drag it where you want it.
I’ll try it when I go out today. Thx. I’m hoping it’s not an 8.4 only thing. Even if it is, that’s a who cares thing. :)

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I have the 7" and my backup camera is set to the bar on the far right. I usually flick it on to make sure I pulled far enough forward when pulling through a parking spot to face out.
Thanks very much. Doing it today.

OP
OP
Jimbos

Jimbos

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Civic
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a harder time with you saying that Key Largo to Ft Lauderdale is 200 miles... Key West isn't even that far away...

Other have mentioned the rear camera, That's what I have used too. I have the camera app on the "task bar" of the head unit so I can get to it very easily.
You’re right on the mileage. Took about 2 hours in the crazy Florida traffic.

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
You’re right on the mileage. Took about 2 hours in the crazy Florida traffic.
We were just down in Marathon a couple weeks ago... the traffic northbound through Islamorada was really bad when we were leaving, but the traffic heading south was a standstill from Tavernier to where the bridge dumps you out in Key Largo.

We avoid the main bridge into the keys, and drive through Card Sound almost all the time... rarely any traffic.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Unintended benefit to the Tazer.
I have the turn cam feature turned on. That's where the backup cam comes on with the turn signals to help see rear blind spots. So if the tailgate is down I will notice pretty quickly. Not as fast as a warning light but close.

While I would love to see the idiot light added from the factory, I understand the multiple reasons it's not. Besides the obvious intentional tailgate down, (which could have a mechanical or electrical over-ride if needed), the big issue is the commonality of parts with the Wrangler. It would require different dashboards and wiring harnesses.
Come on, they couldn't even give us better rear doors. Instead we have doors cut for a Wrangler wheel well that isn't there on a Gladiator.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Come on, they couldn't even give us better rear doors. Instead we have doors cut for a Wrangler wheel well that isn't there on a Gladiator.
Doesn't matter since the seat is normally there anyway. It's still wide open for in/out (ingress/egress).
Do we need to see the ends of the seat when the door is open?
With the cutout, it's also easier to slide stuff into the floor area......... just a thought. I've put long stuff in the back seat when I didn't want it in the back and the door being skinny at the bottom helped.
Seriously, what are we missing aside from seeing the ends of the back seat?
Different doors could have been an extra expense, either delaying the JT or meaning it was just too expensive vs. return.

Only those doing a rear seat delete would really care and I bet that's not even .05%

Door damage? Go to a junkyard that has Wranglers..........
Tube doors and other accessories - cheaper and more common with the commonality of the doors.

Jeep Gladiator Adding tailgate open warning light? 1680027846392

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That's what I've done. I keep the backup cam app handy and just hit the icon on the screen.
Did you know that there is a shortcut to the camera? Push the radio's Mute button twice and the camera will pop up up on screen.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Did you know that there is a shortcut to the camera? Push the radio's Mute button twice and the camera will pop up up on screen.
Didn't know that - but with the app icon on the bottom. I touch once, it pops up for a few seconds and goes away.
I don't use many of the apps or icons anyway so it's just one of those I dragged down there right away when I got my first JT as I could easily look back at my trailer rigging to settle my paranoia about forgetting something.

Sponsored

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Didn't know that - but with the app icon on the bottom. I touch once, it pops up for a few seconds and goes away.
I don't use many of the apps or icons anyway so it's just one of those I dragged down there right away when I got my first JT as I could easily look back at my trailer rigging to settle my paranoia about forgetting something.
Yeah, I almost never go into the apps. The nice thing with the double-tap is that it will stay open...until you close it I think.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Really?! That’s super cool.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I almost never go into the apps. The nice thing with the double-tap is that it will stay open...until you close it I think.
It stays on? That would really make me happy.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
It stays on? That would really make me happy.
Pretty sure. I mean, I'll do the double tap to check my position when parking and such and then typically I don't need it anymore and double tap it off. Can't say that I've just left it on, say going down the road, but I've not had it go to sleep while I was doing it. Come to think off it, I've used it on the trail that way a time or too...

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver