First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
Looking for recommendations for adjustable track bar with the mopar 2" lift kit. I know it probably isn't necessary but I am going with 37" Nittos and think it would help with weight of tire. Mild to moderate offroad but mostly daily driver.

I was looking at the synergy track bar but appears to be backordered. Any thoughts on steer smarts yeti xd or clayton? Anything I would need to add such as a relocation bracket?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I have the steer smarts, it's nice to be able to adjust it while on the vehicle. It's very very beefy and the clamps are not the easiest to position though. Realistically unless you have a whole lot of suspension height changes coming any of them will work fine and be an improvement.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
What do you mean you think it will help with the weight of the tires?

I have Clayton track bars on mine. I haven't used them long enough to know how they'll hold up, but Clayton has been around forever and their past stuff has been excellent quality.

OP
OP
tmac

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
I have the steer smarts, it's nice to be able to adjust it while on the vehicle. It's very very beefy and the clamps are not the easiest to position though. Realistically unless you have a whole lot of suspension height changes coming any of them will work fine and be an improvement.
Thank you!

OP
OP
tmac

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
What do you mean you think it will help with the weight of the tires?

I have Clayton track bars on mine. I haven't used them long enough to know how they'll hold up, but Clayton has been around forever and their past stuff has been excellent quality.
Thanks on Clayton recommendation.

What I meant by weight of the tires is that the Nitto's are heavy especially in 37s. From what I read the adjustable track bar was more needed with the added size and weight of the Nittos to make sure the vehicle stayed aligned after lift. I am naive in this area and there is a good chance I am off base. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding the need for the adjustable track bar.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't want to spend a a lot on one the Rough Country adjustable track bar is a solid choice. I ran one on my JKU for almost 5yrs and it held up and it can be adjust while on the jeep. Word of advice, find one that's adjustable on the jeep and doesn't use jam nuts, it will save you time and frustration.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Thanks on Clayton recommendation.

What I meant by weight of the tires is that the Nitto's are heavy especially in 37s. From what I read the adjustable track bar was more needed with the added size and weight of the Nittos to make sure the vehicle stayed aligned after lift. I am naive in this area and there is a good chance I am off base. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding the need for the adjustable track bar.
The alignment done by the track bar is the centering of the axle from side to side.

The weight or size of the tires does not cause the axles to be uncentered, the suspension lift causes this.

OP
OP
tmac

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
If you don't want to spend a a lot on one the Rough Country adjustable track bar is a solid choice. I ran one on my JKU for almost 5yrs and it held up and it can be adjust while on the jeep. Word of advice, find one that's adjustable on the jeep and doesn't use jam nuts, it will save you time and frustration.
Thank you!

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The extra weight of the tires can cause premature bushing wear and ovaling of the track bar mounting hole. I'd still recommend getting one if you are getting over 2 inches of lift to get the thrust angle back.

OP
OP
tmac

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
The alignment done by the track bar is the centering of the axle from side to side.

The weight or size of the tires does not cause the axles to be uncentered, the suspension lift causes this.
Thank you! Makes sense.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Install the lift. Roll with it a few thousand miles. If you still think you need a tracbar, then do it.

5k miles on mine and it is not needed, waste of money for the 2” mopar lift.

OP
OP
tmac

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
Install the lift. Roll with it a few thousand miles. If you still think you need a tracbar, then do it.

5k miles on mine and it is not needed, waste of money for the 2” mopar lift.
Thanks! I was considering that.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
On my previous Gladiator with the Mopar 2" lift, I ran a JKS front adjustable trackbar because after installing the lift, the axle was shifted about an inch to one side. The trackbar put it right back to center under the vehicle and the JKS is a beefy unit, much bigger than the stock trackbar.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
The rear clayton track bar also lets you mount that 37 spare under the bed without rubbing according to their site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tmac

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
On my previous Gladiator with the Mopar 2" lift, I ran a JKS front adjustable trackbar because after installing the lift, the axle was shifted about an inch to one side. The trackbar put it right back to center under the vehicle and the JKS is a beefy unit, much bigger than the stock trackbar.
Thanks! I will look at the JKS.
Sponsored