Sponsored

AEV Borah Wheels on your Gladiator?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
If your confused about the colors... Galaxy was black & is no longer available. Onyx is a dark grey that could pass for black unless you have the onyx rings on galaxy wheels & then its clear as day that they are gray & not black.
Sponsored

Hasted

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Occupation
ASL Interpreter/ Teacher
AEV Borah Wheels:

Anyone know what this bolt is for? One came with each pack of my nylon screws (for no ring) and then another in each pack for the protection ring hardware.

Labeled as 1) M8- 1.25 Hex Wash "F" Zinc on the ring hardware bag (I think).

20220416_120237.jpg

20220416_120245.jpg

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
AEV Borah Wheels:

Anyone know what this bolt is for? One came with each pack of my nylon screws (for no ring) and then another in each pack for the protection ring hardware.

Labeled as 1) M8- 1.25 Hex Wash "F" Zinc on the ring hardware bag (I think).

Jeep Gladiator AEV Borah Wheels on your Gladiator? 20220416_120245

Jeep Gladiator AEV Borah Wheels on your Gladiator? 20220416_120245
Might be for cleaning out the threads before installing the bolts. Screw into every hole and back out again before installing the ring and bolts.

Hasted

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Occupation
ASL Interpreter/ Teacher
Might be for cleaning out the threads before installing the bolts. Screw into every hole and back out again before installing the ring and bolts.
I will check that. I put mine in day one, but nice to have regardless if so.

It seemed much larger, but my memory sucks.

Thanks!

Rigotovar32

First Name
Rigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone powder coated them red?

Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Has anyone had any issues with the weight of these wheels, other than MPG? Losing gears?

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I will check that. I put mine in day one, but nice to have regardless if so.

It seemed much larger, but my memory sucks.

Thanks!
That is, in fact, what that bolt is for...

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Has anyone had any issues with the weight of these wheels, other than MPG? Losing gears?
37s and beadlocks are pretty heavy. Unsprung weight already sucks so not much of a change there. They balanced with less weight than any truck/Jeep wheel I’ve seen. The spare tire cable hasn’t broken yet. No loss of gearing in the diesel. Mine will spin tires. I lost about 3-4 MPG. Mid to upper 20s on the highway now. With AEV springs and Bilsteins it’s handles better than stock. They’re are however a pain to huck up onto the hubs. I like to get under them to save my back. So, no no issues.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I plan on going with the beadlock ring but have a question...I want to make the switch to beadlocks with my next set of tires. Can I use the actual beadlock ring for just a protection/rash ring until new tires are bought?

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I plan on going with the beadlock ring but have a question...I want to make the switch to beadlocks with my next set of tires. Can I use the actual beadlock ring for just a protection/rash ring until new tires are bought?
I’m not sure. Depending on the profile of the two rings and whether the difference between them is just the difference between cast and forged it may or may not be a good idea. I don’t know if the profile of the beadlock ring accounts for the tire and the protection ring doesn’t. So the bolts for the beadlock might be too long or there may be a gap. I wouldn’t do it if any gap remains between the ring and the rim or tire because road salt and mud will get in there. I wouldn’t want the inner mating surface of the ring where it’s supposed to contact the tire being anything but pristine.

I would reach out to AEV or check their forums before doing it. Their support portal usually takes a few days to respond.

Sponsored

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone running these on the narrow axles (i.e. non Mojave, Non Rubicon, Non Max tow). Will they clear 35's/37's ?

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Anyone running these on the narrow axles (i.e. non Mojave, Non Rubicon, Non Max tow). Will they clear 35's/37's ?
Yes. Get the JK +4 offset version. It'll be the same as the wider axles with +25, but will have more of a poke due to the narrower fenders.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT diesel rubi
Occupation
Human trafficking
I’m not sure. Depending on the profile of the two rings and whether the difference between them is just the difference between cast and forged it may or may not be a good idea. I don’t know if the profile of the beadlock ring accounts for the tire and the protection ring doesn’t. So the bolts for the beadlock might be too long or there may be a gap. I wouldn’t do it if any gap remains between the ring and the rim or tire because road salt and mud will get in there. I wouldn’t want the inner mating surface of the ring where it’s supposed to contact the tire being anything but pristine.

I would reach out to AEV or check their forums before doing it. Their support portal usually takes a few days to respond.
I have 4 mounted on the beadlock rings and my spare mounted the conventional way with the rock ring.

the beadlock ring has a flat back but the rock ring is angled down to fill a gap you get when mounting the tires conventionally. Could you put a beadlock ring on in place of a protection ring, sure. But you would be left with a nice crevice for all sorts of debris to collect

The bolts are also different sizes, with the beadlock bolts longer than the rock ring bolts

Jeff Rector

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 Toyota Tacoma and more
Occupation
Building Technology at the local CC
Anyone having problems with adding the protection rings? I had the nylon bolts in for the first month and when I try to run in the supplied M8 bolts it is very tight. Used the clean out bolt and it seem too tight as well. Currently scared I will break one or the other off.