Sponsored

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
based on what? curious if the 1800 base bumper comes with the fog lights. I like the option to mount those lights in front of the skid plate. I would prefer an option with a smaller hoop though
$1800 gets you just the bumper, every single option costs extra Including the lights ($120 for the mounts and $999 for their lights). Without a winch you’d already be in for $2910 and to me there is just no way to justify those prices when realistically this is a slightly restyled OEM steel bumper with an incorporated hoop. I like AEV but this is just one of those products I frankly can’t understand how they justify. It’s like they’re trying to say that none of their competitors can come close to what they produce even though you have companies like GenRight who put together race proven products at a fraction of the cost. For the AEV front bumper with lights and no winch mount or skid plate I get the Ultra clearance front bumper with winch mount, rash guard, rear bumper with rash guard, and money left over. It kind of becomes a no-brainer...
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1984 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Range Rover
Occupation
Photographer / Designer / Builder
Vehicle Showcase
I think its great looking... and I would buy it. If I wasn't already happy with my bumper.

I agree with what others have expressed about the airflow, since I have had to deal with heating issues in other jeeps I have owned.

Sponsored

S&S

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojava
Occupation
sales
Well, it's happening! AEV released their front bumper for the JT/JL. I have been waiting for it but got impatient and got a RR Arcus to hold me over. The AEV bumper is amazing but a lot more than I thought it would be, but again...super awesome!

Lottery drawing for the ability to purchase.

Front Bumper: $1800
Skid Plate: $365
Winch Mount: $170
No-winch cover plate: $155
Skid Plate light bar mount $29
Off road lighting kit: $29
Lic Plate kit: $45
love the front bumper, love the AEV products, but will not pay that much. to me its a total ripoff

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
It Boron Steel.... not the same thing as what other companies use. Which is what I see a lot of people missing the boat on. Its 4xstronger, 20% lighter (advertised) and more expensive material to work with (familiar with as a machinist). It cant be cut and welded like regular steel. Hence the stamping process which is an added expense. It's like comparing cheap Chinese import bolts to Grade8 or even Inconel hardware. To me all I see is discussing apples and oranges.... for the average consumer who just wants a bumper and things like this don't matter then as you say "you do you".
thanks. The use of the steel makes the price more understandable. A lot goes into the foundry process and shaping of it, and its much lighter.

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone know if I can get an extension or any thing like that to relocate my front camera. I am concerned that when I mount my winch it may take away some of my view. Thanks.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Do we know what the weight of the full size bumper is?

Cajun4X4

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
X-ray Tech
Thanks ARB for giving Jeep dealers another way to jack up prices on Sport model Jeeps. I'll stick with my LoD Stubby, Warn Winch and RC Lights = under $1500.
Jeep Gladiator AEV Front Bumper Released For JT Gladiator! IMG_5916
Jeep Gladiator AEV Front Bumper Released For JT Gladiator! IMG_5949

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Same here. My list was AEV RX, Mopar, ARB Stubby, RR Arcus. I currently have the RR Arcus and am trying to decide what to do, I like the bumper but not the giant tow hooks. I may try to replace them with shackle mounts to make it look more OEM. I still like the ARB Stubby as well.
Ha my list, right now, is nearly identical. Only difference is the LOD bumper is in mine because it keeps factory fog lights.
Sponsored