Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
From their site:

"The RX Front Bumper is up for any recovery task that may present itself during your travels, with two Hi-Lift Jack guides and a pair of heavy duty, chassis-mounted recovery points that are tested to meet all OE load specifications and and are sized for 3/4″ anchor shackles"

And this is interesting; I'd like more details as I can't see how this can be true:

"From your pictures, it looks like the center hoop, lights and winch block off too much airflow to the grille, is this something I have to worry about?

No. We spent years (literally) developing and testing this bumper in a variety of ways and conditions to make sure this bumper would perform well and without compromise BEFORE it made it on the front of any customer owned vehicles. The RX Front Bumper has seen everything from the daily commute to high altitude rock crawling to a multi-day overland trip across the desert."
But not towing at max towing capacity in high temps, I bet. A trip through the desert is one thing - but towing a load while doing it........

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Everything I wanted in a bumper at twice the price. Was sort of waiting to see where this one panned out and I expected $1,500 but this is double even ARB's full width.

Looks like I need to give Genright a call.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
That is a lot of scratch- like custom aluminum kind of scratch.
They keep showing a full-width bumper, but the JL/JT350 and 370 are shown with only the stubby, and no full-width option.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
That is a lot of scratch- like custom aluminum kind of scratch.
They keep showing a full-width bumper, but the JL/JT350 and 370 are shown with only the stubby, and no full-width option.
The full width is the EX and it's coming out in January. I expect it to cost more than the RX.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
The bumper design was likely conceived years ago designed around the JK, and adapted to the JL/JT. If this is true, their statement would still be technically true. Though with the grille guard, huge lights, and winch blocking air flow, I find it hard to believe they can say it performs without compromise: I'm sure the cooling system is just working a bit harder to compensate for any airflow blockage with no yet to be seen issues.
Yah, how does the Jeep perform with TOWING, which is why the new front end had to be re-designed and entire cooling system engineered to the max. I'm not buying AEV's answer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yah, how does the Jeep perform with TOWING, which is why the new front end had to be re-designed and entire cooling system engineered to the max. I'm not buying AEV's answer.
They didn't test like those youtube truck fellows - towing a trailer with a water tank at what, 7,000 pounds? I wonder how the JT would fair if it was towing 7,000 pounds up any hills on a hot day?
They had to redesign the front of the JT for the extra AIR FLOW! since the structure had already been tested and certified, the engineers had to find other ways to cool............. it's a really fine line, a balancing act, and my take is that the huge bar will divert air.
Then the lights make it even worse. Air/wind does some strange things when confronted with obstacles. On one hand, it likes to follow curves like a liquid, on the other hand, that bar is so close to the grill, I can see it diverting up over the hood. The lights would just plain block it.
Yes, it would survive the trail and the desert as they claim they tested for - but that's not a full long-term load. The "duty cycle" - load on the engine is a lot different.
Time will tell.......... the first person who has a trailer that taxes the truck who springs for the crazy price and actually TOWS will tell.

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I had the AEV bumpes on a JKU Winter edition and absolutely loved them! Been waiting for them to release the JL/JT bumpers but just can't justify that amount.
Me too, I also had a Winter edition and really liked the bumpers.
however this pricing is completely out of wack, it's almost like they just want to offer it on the market but not sell many.
Anyway I've already ordered the Mopar steel front bumper for my Mojave.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I don't know why anyone would buy this over the Mopar steel front which is around $500 less including the winch plate and bull bar. Obviously less if you just buy someone's take off. I don't think it offers any better clearance, or any additional functionality.

Initially, back when I had my JL, I was hoping for an AEV rear bumper since they follow the stock lines nicely, and it would improve clearance while ensuring it didn't hit the body (which the stock Mopar steel ones do). Now that I have a JT I think the stock bumper is pretty good -- does anyone know if they flex into the body like the JL one on hard trails?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
They didn't test like those youtube truck fellows - towing a trailer with a water tank at what, 7,000 pounds? I wonder how the JT would fair if it was towing 7,000 pounds up any hills on a hot day?
In theory not as well. The JT was tested for towing in 100 degree sunny weather on up a 11 12 percent grade.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-than-sticker-outside-of-the-mountains.28052/

They had to redesign the front of the JT for the extra AIR FLOW! since the structure had already been tested and certified, the engineers had to find other ways to cool............. it's a really fine line, a balancing act, and my take is that the huge bar will divert air.
Agreed and on your lights assessment.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I bought my pritchett canyon bumper for $380. And I love it. For the price of this, I could buy my bumper and two lockers. Outrageous price.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The only reason the JT needed more airflow is because it has twice the rating of the JLU with otherwise similar equipment and Davis Dam is an 11 mile, 5% average grade that hits 12% in places... it's literally designed by SAE as a torture test to determine the absolute extreme of what the vehicle is capable of.

If this bumper and lighting is the difference between whether or not you have issues towing, you either live in satan's asshole (in which case hello, neighbor) or you need more truck.
Sponsored