Sponsored

Affordable Lift For Constant Heavy Load Overland Rigs?

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just the 2.5s. Spacers would not fit
Very informative video... thanks for sharing. I too have the Clayton 3.5 Overland Plus lift and love it! What's the dimensions of your Yakima platform? or do they just come in S, M, L?

Thank you
Sponsored

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Just the 2.5s. Spacers would not fit
Why won’t spacers fit? I have 3/4” Daystar rear spacers on my 2.5” Clayton Overland plus kit (and brake line extensions to be safe) — no issues here.

Jeep Gladiator Affordable Lift For Constant Heavy Load Overland Rigs? CE4DD175-B711-48B1-B28A-84B5938472DF

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
I went with the Mopar lift and am regretting it. It is extremely bumpy on concrete roads, just a constant up and down. Not like a rough ride but more of a boat constantly on small waves. Did you experience the same thing before you switched to Falcons? I’m guessing we have close to the same weight in the back.
I am currently experiencing same feeling. I've added a Clayton 2.5 ride right kit and the Falcoln 3.3 shocks and it still does it. So far nothing I've done has made any difference at all.

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
Yeah that undulating you're feeling it the shocks not doing their job — the MOPAR FOX shocks are valved too soft for non-stock rigs. I love the springs, though. Upgrading shocks fixed my issues with it.
I added the 3.3s to address the same issue and so far, 5 months later, it still rides the same. They made no difference.

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
I have a ton of overlanding equipment that I permanently run in/over my bed. I also have an ARB front bumper and WARN ZEON winch up front.

With the extra weight, I have found that the Fox shocks on my Gladiator Rubicon are entirely overwhelmed by the constant load. My ride is so springy now, it's as if I have no shocks at all. Essentially, the stock Fox shocks are valved WAY too soft for my needs.

So, I am looking for an upgrade. And, if I am going to replace shocks, I might as well lift it a bit, so I can stuff some 37s underneath it. I overland as well as take the rig wheeling. But getting it feeling more stable is my primary concern.

But, of course, since the world is going into a recession, I don't want to spring for a $2500+ kit. I was hoping to find some heavy-load shocks some new springs, or maybe even some spacers on a budget (at least for the time being).

I found the cheap-as-hell $499 Rough Country kits: https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-63730.html

I also stumbled upon the $1,000 Rancho kit: https://www.gorancho.com/products/s.../x-lander-rs3-suspension-system-rs66128b.html (but can't find Rancho shocks to match)

Then there's the $599 Teraflex kit (would need to add $800 in shocks to complete the kit): https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jt-3-5-coil-spring-base-lift-kit-no-shock-absorbers?vehicle=JT

I like that the Rancho is listed as an overlander kit, for heavy loads. But I don't know what shocks I'd run with it. I like the price of the Rough Country kit, but it feels a bit silly putting a $500 lift on a $47,000 truck.

I'd love your thoughts. I've added pics of my truck below, as example of what I'm running.

Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Affordable Lift For Constant Heavy Load Overland Rigs? CE4DD175-B711-48B1-B28A-84B5938472DF

Don't underestimate the cheaper kits like Rough Country. I've owned several Jeeps with cheaper kits, including RC, as well as my last two Jeeps have had very expensive and well respected company lift kits. The cheaper kits were a million times better than either of the more reputable kits.

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Don't underestimate the cheaper kits like Rough Country. I've owned several Jeeps with cheaper kits, including RC, as well as my last two Jeeps have had very expensive and well respected company lift kits. The cheaper kits were a million times better than either of the more reputable kits.
Can we get some more details?

What model Jeeps and what expensive kits vs what model Jeeps had the RC kits and what RC kits did they have?

hickman785

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Security
Can we get some more details?

What model Jeeps and what expensive kits vs what model Jeeps had the RC kits and what RC kits did they have?
I've had RC spacer lifts and spring and shock kits on JKs and TJs, I've also had some off brands that honestly I had never heard of...like $100 2.5" lifts...then Ive had OME as well as one other reputable kit...The OME rode so bad that I got rid of the jeep...this current kit, I'm undecided and trying to give it some time...but I never experienced any issues with the Rough Country kits

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I've had RC spacer lifts and spring and shock kits on JKs and TJs, I've also had some off brands that honestly I had never heard of...like $100 2.5" lifts...then Ive had OME as well as one other reputable kit...The OME rode so bad that I got rid of the jeep...this current kit, I'm undecided and trying to give it some time...but I never experienced any issues with the Rough Country kits
RC springs and spacers are fine. Shocks get some complaints, but you have that with any shock I suppose.

The bad RC stuff is their suspension links and taller lifts. Remember their TJ long arm kit? That lift is terrible.

OVRLND_G8R

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Gator
Thought I'd update you guys. A couple months ago I stepped up to the Clayton 2.5" springs front and rear and Falcon 3.3 shocks at all four corners. It's finally a set up that can handle all the weight I am running with on the truck during my expeditions. I recently weighed it and I am tipping 7,200 pounds. It's a big boy!
bringing back an old thread. I have one question.

Are you still running all the mopar 2” lift parts with the Clayton 2.5” springs and falcon shocks? or did you get a full Clayton lift kit?
Sponsored