Sponsored

Affordable Lift For Constant Heavy Load Overland Rigs?

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Did you find a lift yet? I’m leaning towards RK but not sure I’ll be able to afford it anytime soon! Lol

OP
OP
nickjaynes

nickjaynes

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Did you find a lift yet? I’m leaning towards RK but not sure I’ll be able to afford it anytime soon! Lol
So after talking to a bunch of guys running 37s with lifts, I went with the MOPAR 2" lift. The rear shocks are still a bit soft under load. So I am going to swap out the FOX shocks from the lift kit with some Teraflex Falcon adjustable shocks. And I am going to add 0.75" spacers to the rear springs. I think with that set up, I should be right where I want it to be.

Here's the truck now — I upgraded to 37s.
Jeep Gladiator Affordable Lift For Constant Heavy Load Overland Rigs? IMG_5902

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So after talking to a bunch of guys running 37s with lifts, I went with the MOPAR 2" lift. The rear shocks are still a bit soft under load. So I am going to swap out the FOX shocks from the lift kit with some Teraflex Falcon adjustable shocks. And I am going to add 0.75" spacers to the rear springs. I think with that set up, I should be right where I want it to be.

Very nice! Are you happy with the ride quality as well?

Sponsored

OP
OP
nickjaynes

nickjaynes

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice! Are you happy with the ride quality as well?
Yeah, the valving in the kit shocks are better than the stock FOX shocks. However, they're still a little too squishy. Otherwise, I have been really impressed with the kit. But that's not too surprising, since it was developed by the Jeep team.

SavageCoffeeTea

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for the JT diesel
I believe that when it comes to lifts you get what you pay for. After speaking to @Rock Krawler Suspension, I am going to go with their no limits kit. In addition because I am going to run several different setups (for business, for towing, and/or overlanding), my bed weight will always be changing. I am going to add the ACOS system in the rear to help with the keeping the back from squatting too much depending on loads.
I suggest you picking a brand and having a discussion on your needs. They were very helpful.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

How much you want for those used 2” lift Fox shocks? Shoot me a PM with a price...

mgriggs

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in this exact predicament right now. I run a bed rack w/ Roam RTT and a bed full of gear for overland trips. I can't decide on a lift (2'' vs 3.5"). Your rig looks really good with that setup, are you pleased with it? Is there anything you wish you did different? Did you measure the actual lift you got from the 2" kit? My biggest concern is if I lift too high, the Roam annex may not sit flush/on the ground. I appreciate any input, cheers.
Jeep Gladiator Affordable Lift For Constant Heavy Load Overland Rigs? JeepROAM.JPG

OP
OP
nickjaynes

nickjaynes

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't measure it, I'm sorry. Like I said before, I am upgrading the MOPAR 2" FOX shocks to the TerraFlex Falcons. I haven't swapped them out yet, though.

I'm in this exact predicament right now. I run a bed rack w/ Roam RTT and a bed full of gear for overland trips. I can't decide on a lift (2'' vs 3.5"). Your rig looks really good with that setup, are you pleased with it? Is there anything you wish you did different? Did you measure the actual lift you got from the 2" kit? My biggest concern is if I lift too high, the Roam annex may not sit flush/on the ground. I appreciate any input, cheers.
Jeep Gladiator Affordable Lift For Constant Heavy Load Overland Rigs? JeepROAM.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
nickjaynes

nickjaynes

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to close this out, I went with the MOPAR 2" lift. Then I swapped out the shocks for Teraflex Falcons at all four corners. And I installed 0.75" spring spacers under the rear springs. Rides like stock again, as if the weight weren't there!

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Just to close this out, I went with the MOPAR 2" lift. Then I swapped out the shocks for Teraflex Falcons at all four corners. And I installed 0.75" spring spacers under the rear springs. Rides like stock again, as if the weight weren't there!
Thank you for posting this info. Adding this to my research list. Nice rig.

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I went with the Mopar lift and am regretting it. It is extremely bumpy on concrete roads, just a constant up and down. Not like a rough ride but more of a boat constantly on small waves. Did you experience the same thing before you switched to Falcons? I’m guessing we have close to the same weight in the back.

OP
OP
nickjaynes

nickjaynes

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that undulating you're feeling it the shocks not doing their job — the MOPAR FOX shocks are valved too soft for non-stock rigs. I love the springs, though. Upgrading shocks fixed my issues with it.

I went with the Mopar lift and am regretting it. It is extremely bumpy on concrete roads, just a constant up and down. Not like a rough ride but more of a boat constantly on small waves. Did you experience the same thing before you switched to Falcons? I’m guessing we have close to the same weight in the back.

Arcticelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, '13 Tacoma
I still need to upgrade the shocks, but throwing rubicon springs in the back, and leaving the front OE did a nice job leveling and handling the weight.

Also I have a set of rubicon front springs if anyone needs them...
Sponsored