Vehicle(s)
now: 2020 Gladiator then: 2003 TJ, 1994 Grand Cherokee, 1975 J10
Last edited:

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I would be happy with anything that folds the rest of the way down.

The gladiator has such nice lines with the top removed. The curved back of the rollbar really appeals to me. The current soft top really ruins those lines.

I suspect Bestop was pressured into designing the current version by FCA to preserve bed space?

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that some sales were lost because of this.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just piling one more post on....

This top but with proper door rain coverage, rear plastic window, and wraps around rollbar in back - simply fold it up and stuff it behind the back seat when not in use.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Soft top? 1600106203315

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Would love a frameless soft top myself! Real reason I don’t have a soft top is the “man bun” thing.... if an after market doesn’t show up I’ll end up with a way to remove it and store in the bed...

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Is a "bikini" option that covers the gap between the doors and the roll cage that will provide some rain protection without breaking the bank possible? It would be nice to have something that I can keep in the bed and cover up the jeep if there's an unexpected rain shower. This and the hard top would be the perfect combo for New England weather.
This is what I need!

Sponsored

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Would love to see something like the Mastertop products that Quadratec sells for the Wrangler. I had the three piece version on my JK and it was fantastic. Not waterproof but close enough if you have a garage. I kept it on all summer--and I could roll the whole thing up and store it in the jeep. Gotta have door surrounds to keep the water out. This one had a spring cable that kept it tight. This should not be difficult for our trucks. I don’t really care what it looks like.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Guys, thanks a ton for letting us know what you want. I will be forwarding this to those in charge of such decisions.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Lee, Bestop has the fabric to make color options (based on options for the JK) and has the template for the JT (even with the controversial man bun design), so how hard can it be to offer a tan (and other colors) option? Thank you for asking.

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Lee,

There seems to be a significant interest in a top that would fold all the way down. Do you know anything about the backstory that caused the design to be in the current configuration?

Was this to preserve bed space?

(In the event of needing to utilize conflicting bed space, I would sure be happy to just have the top up. With the hard top in place, it’s up anyway)

Was there an engineering issue?

(The JL/JLU sure seems like a success.)

Thank you

Lance

Para-Jeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
@Bestop

Lee,

I would love to see tan like a lot of the members are suggesting along with a top that can fold all the way down too.

What I would really like to see is a full soft top that can encompass the bed and the cab of the Jeep where the sids can roll up and the top can fold back like it currently can, like the old school Land Rover defenders or Toyota FJ’s.

- John

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Hey All,
What would you like to see in an aftermarket top option?

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I'll join the chorus of fold down to the bed. I didn't buy it with the Jeep because it doesn't fold down all the way, but after a year of tearing the hard top off every time I want to be roofless, I'd love having a soft top.

But not one up in the corner of the roof. Just can't get over that.

Come to the rescue! Get Jeep to offer it as an option and sell it through them, then no conflict on the OEM thing. Given the feedback here, both they and you would have sold more if they folded down.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
From an engineering and design standpoint, I fail to see the barriers for offering a top that folds all the way down.

Common reactions to the current top are often “What’s up with that?“ or at best, “Weird”

JL and JLU are great.

What am I missing?
Sponsored