First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
Hello, new here, have an 84 Scrambler with an LS motor, looks 100% stock from outside, and just bought a brand new Gladiator that was modded by a custom Jeep retailer. 1st V6, so my question is, the have it lifted with 38 inch Nitto Grapplers. It also has the dual Magnaflo exhaust. It has the Tazer installed to take care of tire size and shift points. It does have stock throttlebody and air intake. Would going with a bigger throttlebody and a CAI, give me any benefits at all? This is the one i looked at
https://www.mmx4x4.com/p-29-2018-20...ntastar-v6-intake-manifold-kit-by-mmx4x4.aspx

Everything is already done to this thing, Im looking for something good to add to it. Thanks in advance.

Dave
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Oh, Lordy...
If you have the tuning adjusted to compensate for the added air volume, yes, you'll see some performance increase.
A search for cold air intake will provide more details.

Kevin

OP
OP

dave316

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
Oh, Lordy...
If you have the tuning adjusted to compensate for the added air volume, yes, you'll see some performance increase.
A search for cold air intake will provide more details.

Kevin
The cold air intake, was something I would do to compliment the larger throttle body. I was more looking to see if anyone had used an aftermarket throttlebody like the one I linked and what there findings were. the only tuning done was the Tazer for tire size.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
You will likely have to work out something custom for the CAI because the intake diameter will be larger.

IMO bolt-ons are chasing a dream for a V6. You aren't going to get meaningful power in any way that doesn't include forced induction of some kind. If you want power, pony up for a supercharger kit but otherwise, you'll find yourself thousands deep and be lucky to see a 10% gain.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dave316

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Police Officer
Not re geared. Thanks for the link. I should’ve said I used the search function already and read that. The information I was looking for was if anybody use the particular throttlebody I linked in my first post and if anybody actually saw a mile per gallon increase with the bigger tires. Not interested in all out performance gain per se, rather getting it closer to the stock feel but just with a bigger tires. Thanks guys

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any gains you will get will only be at wide open throttle at or close to redline.

If you drive your jeep that way, then you may pick up 5 hp.

Bottom line is that from a functional perspective, its pointless.
If you just want to throw money at your Jeep, then go for it.

Based on your other jeep you clearly aren't afraid of experimenting. Maybe a supercharger?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
You'll need a custom tune. No way around it. With a CAI, throttle body, and exhaust to realize the benefit, gain some power, and some MPG's the fuel and air points need to be modified.
Send a DM to @KurtP he's already done the legwork.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Sounds like what you really want are gears... regearing will get you back to stock driving performance way more than minor engine mods. Maybe 5.13's? Others with 37's would be better to ask.
Sponsored