Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Great idea. I’ve been thinking of an aluminum box for fluids, wood, etc. Would love to see more ideas beyond the spare tire here.
I was thinking about a box as well, like what you see off the back of some of the vans. As long as its not crazy heavy might not be bad.
Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks! That is the same section but I did not experience this 4mos prior when I drove to FL w/o the camper/suspension setup so leaning toward that being a pretty big contributor. Again, I don't have many sections like that and is not a problem day-day but there is another section on HWY 76 in TN that is worse because it goes for miles...I'll take a look at the MetalCloak rear sway bar brackets too. I'm thinking this will stabilize things overall.
I get the same bounce. It pushed me to switch from the Mojave shocks to Fox 2.5 adjustables on the rear. It helped but not enough. Then I went to Dobinsons Hd on the rear, keeping the JKS standard on the front. It helped but I still get some. I need to go adjustable or tuned on the front.

I wonder if a dual or triple rate coil would have helped more. I think the Dobinsons are single rate.

Seeing that you are in Clemson and I am in Greenvile, and we are both engineers, we need to get a beer and talk Jeeps and Alucabs sometime.

SCDerby

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Engineer
I get the same bounce. It pushed me to switch from the Mojave shocks to Fox 2.5 adjustables on the rear. It helped but not enough. Then I went to Dobinsons Hd on the rear, keeping the JKS standard on the front. It helped but I still get some. I need to go adjustable or tuned on the front.

I wonder if a dual or triple rate coil would have helped more. I think the Dobinsons are single rate.

Seeing that you are in Clemson and I am in Greenvile, and we are both engineers, we need to get a beer and talk Jeeps and Alucabs sometime.
Mtpisgah, Thanks for the insight...I'm definitely going to do some tweaking to the system to try and reign it in a bit. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm game for a beer and an excuse to talk jeeps/ACCC! :beer:

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Thinking outside the box a bit here. While working on some google ad campaigns (I work in the off-road industry) I saw a photo of a Wrangler Spare Tire rack and thought "wonder how that would work on the back of the canopy camper."

Since most of us don't install a spare tire on the rear door, we have a lot of wasted space. Currently, I have a Trasharoo there and that's about it. It would be nice to have a solution off the back for lightweight or dirty gear. Or even for storing a bit of firewood.

Thoughts or ideas? Or let me see what you have mounted on the back to give me more ideas lol.

61q-6yrPYnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I am working on several ideas for use of that space!

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
I'm thinking about how to mount a pair of jerry cans on the back door, long side flat on the door. Looks like there's enough space left-to-right. (I don't have my camper yet...)

Sponsored

LAJEEPR

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am working on several ideas for use of that space!
Have you looked at a Molle panel for the rear window inside the cab? The lower attachment seems easy, the top edge less so. That’s going to be a lot of useable space for those of us who do a rear seat delete.

OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
Steven_B

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have you looked at a Molle panel for the rear window inside the cab? The lower attachment seems easy, the top edge less so. That’s going to be a lot of useable space for those of us who do a rear seat delete.
Ditto. I was looking for awhile and kind of gave up on the search. I also have dual rear seat delete and see the window area as a waste of space now.

Donnie2153

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I just purchased the alu cab camper for my 2020 Gladiator. Can anyone tell me how the goose gear utility box is installed inside the camper?

Sponsored

flipboltz

First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I just purchased the alu cab camper for my 2020 Gladiator. Can anyone tell me how the goose gear utility box is installed inside the camper?
Donnie2135

Congratulations on your purchase! a plate is installed in the bed, then the utility boxes are installed on top of it. I hope this helps.
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call 3C216AE0-CA0F-42A4-AB0D-E11A6CC6AA9C

Donnie2153

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Interesting, so they do not also attach to the t-rail on the camper shell as well. Ok, that changes my thinking for the build. Thx

I will start posting pictures of the build as i go. Right now i am waiting on a few nuts and bolts to mount the redarc redvision system. Should have them by friday. 🤞

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Not exactly the Canopy Camper but just installed the new Contour Canopy from Alu-Cab. The new 3R Alu-Cab RTT comes tonight as the push to get ready for Expo Mountain West in Loveland is on! @813 Fabrication & Design going to have to contact you about some side molle panels for the bed now :)

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call 1661357167128

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper Roll Call 1661357212502

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Not exactly the Canopy Camper but just installed the new Contour Canopy from Alu-Cab. The new 3R Alu-Cab RTT comes tonight as the push to get ready for Expo Mountain West in Loveland is on! @813 Fabrication & Design going to have to contact you about some side molle panels for the bed now :)

1661357167128.png

1661357212502.png
That looks awesome! Let me know on the MOLLE panels, I have them ready to ship. I wish we could have made it out to the the CO Overland show. We do plan to be at the Overland East show in Oct. The Smoky Mtn Jeep Invasion is this weekend
Sponsored