First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Well I’m not able to get that high on this current trip but I did manage to drive to the Western most point in North America...in my F-350..

63771320-FA26-482A-9582-FF9899F97264.jpeg

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Haven’t posted in a while, still loving my camper. Waiting for goose gear to release some cabinets for the gladiator. I am still using the PLB40 battery and portable solar to power the national Luna fridge.
Future mods:
Goose gear cabinets
Roof mounted solar
Dual battery
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper 6D7006DC-6456-4179-877A-5F84ACA5B3C7

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Haven’t posted in a while, still loving my camper. Waiting for goose gear to release some cabinets for the gladiator. I am still using the PLB40 battery and portable solar to power the national Luna fridge.
Future mods:
Goose gear cabinets
Roof mounted solar
Dual battery
Looks great!
is that the Alu-Cab awning? That’s next on my list so I'm interested in how you like it.

I’m in the process of upgrading my solar panels on my Hallmark pop up camper and will be going with 2, 100 watt RenogyEclipse panels which uses the SunPower cells and are the highest rated cells available. Highly reccomend!

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great!
is that the Alu-Cab awning? That’s next on my list so I'm interested in how you like it.

I’m in the process of upgrading my solar panels on my Hallmark pop up camper and will be going with 2, 100 watt RenogyEclipse panels which uses the SunPower cells and are the highest rated cells available. Highly reccomend!
Yes it is the shadow awning.
i love it. Having no poles or guy lines to mess with is a huge bonus. just this weekend i had to adjust the truck position and I didn’t need to take it down, just drove with it deployed.

Sponsored

Shineshaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Future mods:
Goose gear cabinets
Roof mounted solar
Dual battery
Beautiful pic! I'm curious if you have checked your gross weight? Are you on stock suspension? If so, how is it handling? I have the Alu-cab canopy only coming but have a RTT to put on top and am wondering how the weight is going to be. Thx

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Mopar 2” lift.
you can definitely feel the weight but it is not too crazy.
We haven’t had any issues running trails or driving 75 mph on the highway.

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army
Could someone please measure how big the gap is from the rear of the truck back window to the front of the bed topper portion of the canopy camper? I'm hoping when I get my gladiator and canopy camper to make a small pass through between them by adding a hatch on the front of the canopy camper. Much like what has been common on pickup truck toppers in the past.

I really just need someone to stick a tape measure through the back slider window on their gladiator until it touches the front of the canopy camper and let me know what that distance is.

Thanks,

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could someone please measure how big the gap is from the rear of the truck back window to the front of the bed topper portion of the canopy camper? I'm hoping when I get my gladiator and canopy camper to make a small pass through between them by adding a hatch on the front of the canopy camper. Much like what has been common on pickup truck toppers in the past.

I really just need someone to stick a tape measure through the back slider window on their gladiator until it touches the front of the canopy camper and let me know what that distance is.

Thanks,
i added the same photo to expo portal
Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper 25B5CFD9-3DA1-4BE6-9049-5FEBF6170747

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army
Thanks, looks like my plan is doable. Once I get my gladiator (waiting for sarge green) and the alu-cab i'll post up some build info.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm curious about this topper as I want an integrated sleeping option from within the cab. Do you have to take their door style, could you have a topper door with the tailgate? I like the versatility (it still acts like a truck) of the tailgate and hated the side swinging door in my old Jeep because I couldn't open it to haul longer things. Also, what was the solution for the backup camera with the tailgate removed.

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These were all things that I struggled with when making the decision.
I really wanted to keep the tailgate, but in real world situations the tailgate would get more in the way. Trying to climb on a tailgate to then squeeze into the opening, not fun for me.

no solution yet for the camera, so I currently don’t a camera. Hopefully soon.

there are other companies that have a similar setup and you can keep the tailgate. I forgot the name though.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I really wanted to keep the tailgate, but in real world situations the tailgate would get more in the way. Trying to climb on a tailgate to then squeeze into the opening, not fun for me.

there are other companies that have a similar setup and you can keep the tailgate. I forgot the name though.
Thanks, I suppose climbing ONTO the tailgate to get INTO the structure is something I hadn't really considered. I was just thinking the size of the doorway doesn't change so why make it swing sidewars. I'll have to keep thinking about it.

I'm REALLY liking the look & flexibility of the Hiatus Camper which has a side swing OR tailgate option. I'll keep looking.

Thanks again.

phreak480

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubi
Occupation
U.S. Army

My plan when I get mine is to build a mount to reuse the factory camera (or maybe plan around using a wrangler camera) mounted to the rear door and wired in. I plan to buy a replacement harness for the tailgate and use it to work from so it plugs into factory connections on the gladiator. I can then wire to that for the 3d brake light on the canopy camper and then use it for camera wiring as well. There are wiring extension kits for relocating the wrangler camera already.

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
My plan when I get mine is to build a mount to reuse the factory camera (or maybe plan around using a wrangler camera) mounted to the rear door and wired in. I plan to buy a replacement harness for the tailgate and use it to work from so it plugs into factory connections on the gladiator. I can then wire to that for the 3d brake light on the canopy camper and then use it for camera wiring as well. There are wiring extension kits for relocating the wrangler camera already.
Interested in this as well.
Sponsored