Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Curious as to the install time for the canopy camper. Just the camper and sealing it. Not any electrics or accessories. Been quoted 9hours labor and just don’t see it after looking at the install guide from Alu-cab.
Have to remember it may say 9hrs but that time is man hrs. So they may get it done in 5 hrs. But it was likely more then one guy for a couple of those hrs.
Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
yes they are installing ours. We have also talked a bit through email about the Veteran Overland Project to stop veteran suicide. Don’t know if 2 and 2 came together there.I’m looking forward to see what you come up with. Also need to work out some extra ideas like fire extinguisher mount in both vehicle and the alucab. Have two 2.5lb extinguishers on quickmounts. Cab one will most likely need a special bracket to be able to mount on the passenger seat bracket. The adjustable one I want to Roy with a little first. Butdon’t think it will work right as it seems to stick out to far in mock up. Anyways just one of the many things I have going on priority is getting camper and suspension installed. Then work on making sure I have cameras set up soon afterwards. Definitely looking at the brandmotion rear view. I’ll drop an email later as well when I can. Would love to talk some more about stuff when we both have some time.
Sounds good, shoot me an email. I have a camera relocation mount for the ALu-Cab now. I am using the Brandmotion camera/mirror. It works well

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Have to remember it may say 9hrs but that time is man hrs. So they may get it done in 5 hrs. But it was likely more then one guy for a couple of those hrs.
Yes, good point. There were no less than 2 guys working on my truck the entire time. 3 at some points.

CorvusOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Got a question for those with the ACCC. We have both a JTRD and the ACCC on order. There was NO option to get the bedliner from factory, but the local Line-X is the exact same cost. With the ACCC on there is it needed? Haven't figured out our exact buildout but trying to keep it light-ish (i.e. no full Goose Gear at this time). Currently wondering if a Bed Rug would work fine. I've had them on two vehicles in the past and they made a comfy platform as well as added insulation at a very low weight.

What say you? Do the line-X immediately before installing the ACCC or just go with a bedrug?

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Got a question for those with the ACCC. We have both a JTRD and the ACCC on order. There was NO option to get the bedliner from factory, but the local Line-X is the exact same cost. With the ACCC on there is it needed? Haven't figured out our exact buildout but trying to keep it light-ish (i.e. no full Goose Gear at this time). Currently wondering if a Bed Rug would work fine. I've had them on two vehicles in the past and they made a comfy platform as well as added insulation at a very low weight.

What say you? Do the line-X immediately before installing the ACCC or just go with a bedrug?
Full bedrug is awesome.

Sponsored

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner

We went bed rug. But I will say I did do a little extra prep on the bed as the bottom isn’t full sealed. As I could see daylight through the seams. That way I would have water intrusion into the camper from the bottom from road kick up. I just used some silflex to seal the bottom seams. I too didn’t have the option for bed liner. Do note that bed rug themselves do not keep the rugs in stock and manufacture in lots. Right now it isn’t scheduled but they only have the bed rug scheduled out to the 24th of this month.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer

With the ACCC going on immediately, I would just buy a bedrug. The spray liner is great for an open bed, but useless with the camper.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
We went bed rug. But I will say I did do a little extra prep on the bed as the bottom isn’t full sealed. As I could see daylight through the seams. That way I would have water intrusion into the camper from the bottom from road kick up. I just used some silflex to seal the bottom seams. I too didn’t have the option for bed liner. Do note that bed rug themselves do not keep the rugs in stock and manufacture in lots. Right now it isn’t scheduled but they only have the bed rug scheduled out to the 24th of this month.
I had to seal gaps even with the bed liner. Too many openings in the bed. I still get some intrusion and cannot figure out where it is coming from. I need to site in the camper some time and have my wife spray it so i can locate the leaks.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I also suggest the BedRug if you are going directly to the ACCC. You will get better insulation with the BedRug and not having the bed liner will make it easier to get good adhesion to the bed when putting down the BedRug.

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I also suggest the BedRug if you are going directly to the ACCC. You will get better insulation with the BedRug and not having the bed liner will make it easier to get good adhesion to the bed when putting down the BedRug.
Can you still use your rail mount molle panels with the all cab attached?

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you still use your rail mount molle panels with the all cab attached?
Absolutely! The Under Rail MOLLE panels work best. But, it would be possible to use the MOLLE panels that mount in the rail since the mounts for the ACCC can be adjusted. I would 100% suggest the Under Rail version.

I am building my ACCC out with all of our gear. Not only to use a showcase but to also not add as much weight with cabinets and to keep more space available on the inside. I need my bed space to deliver orders to UPS. Here are a few older photos showing all of the Bed / Cab Side MOLLE panels installed. I will have more up-to-date photos soon. I have several items in production now and should be available in a couple weeks! The prototypes are currently mounted so I can't show newer pics yet.

IMG_7587 2.JPG

IMG_7588 2.JPG

IMG_7589 2.JPG

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck Driver
Absolutely! The Under Rail MOLLE panels work best. But, it would be possible to use the MOLLE panels that mount in the rail since the mounts for the ACCC can be adjusted. I would 100% suggest the Under Rail version.

I am building my ACCC out with all of our gear. Not only to use a showcase but to also not add as much weight with cabinets and to keep more space available on the inside. I need my bed space to deliver orders to UPS. Here are a few older photos showing all of the Bed / Cab Side MOLLE panels installed. I will have more up-to-date photos soon. I have several items in production now and should be available in a couple weeks! The prototypes are currently mounted so I can't show newer pics yet.

Jeep Gladiator Alu-Cab Canopy Camper IMG_7589 2.JPG

Thank you and very nice. In the process of purchasing topper only will not make into a camper. Have you looked into a method of mounting a co2 air tank?

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you and very nice. In the process of purchasing topper only will not make into a camper. Have you looked into a method of mounting a co2 air tank?
I have a customer that mounted a CO2 tank to the Cab Side MOLLE. I'm sure it could mount to the Bed Side MOLLE as well. I am working on ViAir mounts now. You can mount the larger 2.5 gallon tank to the MOLLE panels. The 1 gallon tank can mount to the MOLLE panel or the side of the large compressor enclosure. The tanks can work with ViAir or ARB compressor if you go that route over CO2.

165813911_231692015371364_132762357833309187_n.jpg

IMG_6751.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_6721_sm.jpg

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck Driver
Called to get my Alu cab canopy today and was told that if i chose to install myself my warranty would be voided. Does that sound right? They said they would install for $295
Sponsored