Alu-Cab Gladiator Bed Cap

oscarach

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
just saw that on youtube. My order is supposed to come in end of August. Wonder if I can/should cancel and switch for the new one. Any idea when it can be ordered?
They said it was probably going to be October before they have them, but may be able to order earlier than that. may be worth giving OK4WD a call to see when they are starting taking orders.
Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
They said it was probably going to be October before they have them, but may be able to order earlier than that. may be worth giving OK4WD a call to see when they are starting taking orders.

Unfortunately I've already have an order in with a local dealer. Not even sure if they'll let me make the switch. Also, I'd like to see if the changes are even worth it for me. My order is due in around end of Aug. I'll assume if I make the switch, it'll be around end of the year before I would receive the new model. Do you have any details on the changes/improvements? Thanks

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Well, I called my dealer and was able to switch out to the "Contour" canopy. I prefer the side windowless version, but was told the window version may ship sooner (september ish). They'll get back to me to confirm. I'm hoping her time line is correct and I'll take whatever comes first.
OK4wd has them listed with more info.

https://ok4wd.com/camping-overland?cat=12117&vehicle_make=718

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Got the word that my cab is about two weeks out. :)

I have a question on load bars…I’ll most likely not be installing a tent anytime soon. I would like to install kayak mounts/attachments in the near future. Additionally, I have concerns with overhead clearance (I will need to park in urban parking garages on occasion).

Is there anything that I should be aware of…load bar and mount capability and limitation wise (other than no rooftop tent) if I were to go with the 1250mm bars w/low profile mounts? Thank you.

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
Where is everyone mounting or storing propane tanks? And also spare gas can? Looking for options. Inside the canopy?

Thanks!

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
Got the word that my cab is about two weeks out. :)

I have a question on load bars…I’ll most likely not be installing a tent anytime soon. I would like to install kayak mounts/attachments in the near future. Additionally, I have concerns with overhead clearance (I will need to park in urban parking garages on occasion).

Is there anything that I should be aware of…load bar and mount capability and limitation wise (other than no rooftop tent) if I were to go with the 1250mm bars w/low profile mounts? Thank you.
For me it was more dependent on lift and tire size. I am in Chicago area and I can’t park in many of the urban commercial garages. That is just canopy without load bars. Many have a 6 foot 6 inch max for clearance. I have a Mopar 2inch lift and 37 inch tires so I am right at clearance or just above. I can fine a couple of garages that I fit others I have to street park or use the wife’s vehicle.

oscarach

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is everyone mounting or storing propane tanks? And also spare gas can? Looking for options. Inside the canopy?

Thanks!
I am storing a small propane tank in the canopy, its one of the 5lb Ignik ones with the padded case which is then strapped to one of the molle panels. For the fuel I have a jerry can holder mounted to the load bars, (there is a picture a couple of pages back) this is not great as getting it on and off the roof when it is full is a pain.
I looked at rear bumpers with a swingout and jerry can holders, but they add a lot of weight and length to the Jeep and it worked out cheaper to get an extended range fuel tank which is the route I will probably go later this year.

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
For me it was more dependent on lift and tire size. I am in Chicago area and I can’t park in many of the urban commercial garages. That is just canopy without load bars. Many have a 6 foot 6 inch max for clearance. I have a Mopar 2inch lift and 37 inch tires so I am right at clearance or just above. I can fine a couple of garages that I fit others I have to street park or use the wife’s vehicle.
That’s exactly why I’ve got no plans to lift or go to bigger tires anytime soon (stock JTR here). If I keep within an inch or so of stock height, I’m good.

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
I am storing a small propane tank in the canopy, its one of the 5lb Ignik ones with the padded case which is then strapped to one of the molle panels. For the fuel I have a jerry can holder mounted to the load bars, (there is a picture a couple of pages back) this is not great as getting it on and off the roof when it is full is a pain.
I looked at rear bumpers with a swingout and jerry can holders, but they add a lot of weight and length to the Jeep and it worked out cheaper to get an extended range fuel tank which is the route I will probably go later this year.
Thank you! I like how you mounted the jerry can holder - great idea when just wheeling. I am running a roof top tent also for some trips so looking for additional options if I have the rooftop tent on. Appreciate the response!

oscarach

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! I like how you mounted the jerry can holder - great idea when just wheeling. I am running a roof top tent also for some trips so looking for additional options if I have the rooftop tent on. Appreciate the response!
When I was looking for a option for fuel can outside the canopy, I did come across a cowl mounted option that had either rotopax or jerry can options. Think it was by Morryde or something like that

tmac

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 20
Occupation
Healthcare
When I was looking for a option for fuel can outside the canopy, I did come across a cowl mounted option that had either rotopax or jerry can options. Think it was by Morryde or something like that
Thanks! I will look that up.

AlaskaHoosier

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Well, hopefully this weekend i will be a proud member of the Alu-Cab Team. Been through this thread completely but still having concerns about the wiring for both the brake light and LEDs. I have wiring ran to the bed from one of the aux switches and want to use that for the lights. If anyone has any input on this, please let me know. I'm thinking @smlobx picture is the right way to go for the JTR. Let me know if this is correct since there were variations both good and bad in previous posts.

JTR Alumacab canopy wiring.jpg
Sponsored