First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I scour these forum for months just to catch out of the box ideas that might be useful,
I'm going to go pour a glass of Buffalo Trace.
You compile a list of all of those ideas and put the links into one convenient thread for the rest of us. I will check back later.
And then I will pour you a glass of your favorite Bourbon! I have full faith and confidence in your abilities after reading the tutorial that you provided here.
Rock on...

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You compile a list of all of those ideas and put the links into one convenient thread for the rest of us. I will check back later.
And then I will pour you a glass of your favorite Bourbon! I have full faith and confidence in your abilities after reading the tutorial that you provided here.
Rock on...
Luckily for you I already posted some.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
This well explains "how", but I'm still scratching my head as to "why?"
I wonder this as well.
I use my radio for current traffic & weather information more than anything.
On-line updates are OK, but they're usually hours behind. And I can normally get radio when cellular service isn't available. Satellite radio is laughable for anything other than entertainment in most of the country.
The stock antenna is the optimum length for FM reception, and a vertical mast is best for AM reception. Guess I'm old-fashioned...

Kevin

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I wonder this as well.
On-line updates are OK, but they're usually hours behind. And I can normally get radio when cellular service isn't available. Satellite radio is laughable for anything other than entertainment in most of the country.
The stock antenna is the optimum length for FM reception, and a vertical mast is best for AM reception. Guess I'm old-fashioned...

Kevin
They still make AM radios?

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Rock on...
Here’s one for you when you’re ready to add a radio. I like my “stealth” installs...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/gmrs-antenna-mounting.7307/post-1112849
Jeep Gladiator AM/FM Antenna Delete - Moving From Exterior to Interior E2BF1266-8AF6-4409-ADD0-304F721EFA0D

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the write up. It was very useful in helping me remove and relocate the antenna so I could install a second BadgeGlow and make things uniform.

Jeep Gladiator AM/FM Antenna Delete - Moving From Exterior to Interior 1618701837824

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Thanks for the write up. It was very useful in helping me remove and relocate the antenna so I could install a second BadgeGlow and make things uniform.

Jeep Gladiator AM/FM Antenna Delete - Moving From Exterior to Interior 1618701837824
Did you relocate it under the dash as well?

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Did you relocate it under the dash as well?
I had a 21" antenna and decided to test my luck at putting it behind the passenger grab handle. The few FM stations I tested were fine but I generally use XM.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I wonder this as well.

Kevin
If you need the radio for traffic info, you're in a location that a full radio antenna probably isn't necessary, and you can probably get your local radio stations broadcasting over the internet on your phone.

Weather apps on smartphones are more useful than tv/radio weather reports I find.

Where I live, there are some FM channels that are pretty scratchy. But I don't care since I listen to my own music.

That's what's great about technology - there are so many options for everyone to chose what works the best for them. ;)

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I did it today! I love getting rid of that giant antenna! So much cleaner now.
Jeep Gladiator AM/FM Antenna Delete - Moving From Exterior to Interior B2E92C26-BEDC-4AB8-AB4E-E6FFEF4C4585
Jeep Gladiator AM/FM Antenna Delete - Moving From Exterior to Interior FDA709C7-DA60-42CB-AC53-3C0308224E9C
Sponsored