Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Brandon, I finally got my Gladiator Overland, and the steering seems fine to me. I can definitely tell it's recirculating ball compared to the R & P in my old Dakota (still tight steering after 350K miles); the Gladiator has a sort of "squishy" feel to it, but no wandering and no significant dead spot.

So I don't think I need to do the adjustment you described here. In view of the fact I intend to keep it mostly stock (no big tires and no lift), do you think installing the Synergy brace for the steering box would take out the squishiness?
I like the product. I have a video on it. I do feel all jeeps can benefit from it. But Dave and his team need to redesign the bushing. It needs grease constantly and has no channel in the bushing for grease so it clicks sometimes.

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Brfertig, curious what you think about the new steering box TSB and if you think you’ll have it done after having adjusted yours? Wondering if your’s good enough to leave alone or if you plan on having the TSB done. Thanks for all your tips and tricks!

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Hey @Brfertig, curious what you think about the new steering box TSB and if you think you’ll have it done after having adjusted yours? Wondering if your’s good enough to leave alone or if you plan on having the TSB done. Thanks for all your tips and tricks!
Trying to get my dealer to do the tsb currently. I have called them daily about it.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Its so new guam is behind on things. I have a great dealer but super slow sometimes.

Sponsored

jeep671

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon COD MW3
I was warned that this would ruin my youtube career. LOL I dont have a youtube career. Not sure why they thought that warranted BLOCKING me on the Facebook JL page. I am not sponsored or cater to anyone. In the past that kind of freedom may have cost sponsorships, but I dont play that game. So this little vidoe sure has got some people really worked up.

I wish someone here with
Jeep Wrangler JL access would share the crap out of this video on their facebook page.

I had the owner of Synergy reach out to me for this video. Others have reached out and showed support for this after a small few JL owners jumped on my case for sharing this. Thank you!

Another youtube user did have a positive thing to share, that I would like to share with you.

"My dealer listened to me, asked to see the video, and with his service manager and technician viewing the video they decided to tune up the steering! Great news - appointment is tomorrow."
Hafa Adai Brandon,

Thanks for that great video and your disclaimer statement. I'm so happy that you shared your solution with the dealer here on Guam. Recently, I sent them the steering TSB update that I downloaded from this forum. They were surprised that a customer received it before they did.

Though I don't have issues with my steering on my stock Gladiator, I read and review a lot of the information, so that if I encounter the problem, I can either fix myself or take it to a professional if it exceeds my capabilities or comfort level. I'm in no way mechanically inclined like many of the Braddahs in the forum.

Anyway, I inquired with the dealer about the steering and they blamed the lifts for it. I told them that it is happening with stock JT and they tried to change the topic, but I didn't allow it.

I hope to see you on the roads or the trails on Guam. Esta Laderz and Si Yu'os Ma'ase Braddah.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Hafa Adai Brandon,

Thanks for that great video and your disclaimer statement. I'm so happy that you shared your solution with the dealer here on Guam. Recently, I sent them the steering TSB update that I downloaded from this forum. They were surprised that a customer received it before they did.

Though I don't have issues with my steering on my stock Gladiator, I read and review a lot of the information, so that if I encounter the problem, I can either fix myself or take it to a professional if it exceeds my capabilities or comfort level. I'm in no way mechanically inclined like many of the Braddahs in the forum.

Anyway, I inquired with the dealer about the steering and they blamed the lifts for it. I told them that it is happening with stock JT and they tried to change the topic, but I didn't allow it.

I hope to see you on the roads or the trails on Guam. Esta Laderz and Si Yu'os Ma'ase Braddah.
Oh my word, it was so bad the day i have come home with it. I was all over the road on back road. I have since beefed up the steering. About 1000 dollars in fixing it. Still is garbage and Chris at the dealer is giving me the run around.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Oh my word, it was so bad the day i have come home with it. I was all over the road on back road. I have since beefed up the steering. About 1000 dollars in fixing it. Still is garbage and Chris at the dealer is giving me the run around.
Did it degrade again after you adjusted it? I thought you were pretty happy with it after everything you did.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Did it degrade again after you adjusted it? I thought you were pretty happy with it after everything you did.
I am happy with it, it did not degrade. The thing is jeep admitted there was a problem, and the new box is steel. I have an appt, just waiting on the dealer.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I am happy with it, it did not degrade. The thing is jeep admitted there was a problem, and the new box is steel. I have an appt, just waiting on the dealer.
I'm on the fence about pursuing a replacement. I'd like mine to be better, but it's pretty good compared to yours and others' described here. I'm a little afraid that if I managed to get it swapped, I might end up with a worse one.

edit: I definitely want to tighten up the free play a little. I'll try your fix before anything else.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I'm on the fence about pursuing a replacement. I'd like mine to be better, but it's pretty good compared to yours and others' described here. I'm a little afraid that if I managed to get it swapped, I might end up with a worse one.

edit: I definitely want to tighten up the free play a little. I'll try your fix before anything else.
I am still on hold, covid resurgence closed down the whole island this week. I am happy. Maybe I am being greedy. Just felt jeep needed to make this right, after spending so much time on fixing it.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Brfertig, this was a great post!

I'm glad that the TSB came out.
To those that are waiting to see how others do, parts take a long time to come. AND if you ever have an accident, and your steering box wasn't change, how would you feel?

We had to see two dealers to get authorization. Our parts have arrived at the second dealer; we have a service appointment booked and will have the steering gearbox changed. Can't wait to have a Jeep that steers properly!

Suggestion: Dealer has to test drive the Jeep where they can identify the problem. Our first dealer drove for 6 minutes. Parking lot. Smooth city roads at low speed.

Jeep ownership is like a brotherhood.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Well boys I got the green light to fix the steering box.

FB_IMG_1600071606891.jpg

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well done!

(asked our dealer to adjust the steering gear many times. Different excuse each time)

our steering gear swap is coming up.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Well done!

(asked our dealer to adjust the steering gear many times. Different excuse each time)

our steering gear swap is coming up.
I took the synergy sector brace off, pulled the tazer because they have to check ecu for verification and vin. All went well. I am getting the new steel box.
Sponsored