First Name
troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202 jeep gladiator
Occupation
maintenance
I had my 2 inch lift and 35inch tires installed by the dealership. Well 3 flashes latter they still had not fixed my truck. Took to an after market shop, they used flashcal and fixed my issues. I had 480 corrupted files on my pcm before the after market shop fix me right. Now i am getting way better gas millage and my truck shifts like it should of from the get go. Still have no power but I am thinking that is jeeps design flaw in the truck.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
free range or confinement?
oh. Free range.

i actually make people claiming their eggs are free range to break one open. I hate buying eggs and watching the egg white run all over the pan and the yolk be light yellow. The egg should stand and the yolk should be orange.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
that and to my knowledge the pulsar still isnt right and theyre telling owners to pound sand.

i understand some of this stuff is cool to do, i guess i dont understand why do it. these vehicles have gotten expensive and very complex. Modifying them is a gamble, and most of these vendors dont give a damn about your vehicle. They churn out quick gimmicky crap, make people on the forums “full price beta testers”, and say “we’ve never seen that happen before, must be something wrong with your vehicle”. The dealers get the mess dropped to them, and if I were FCA i damn sure wouldnt be paying to fix the fuck ups of some garage band vendor selling junk on the internet either. Good luck on the magnuson moss act. The jeep worked correctly before you plugged the unauthorized gizmo in, and it didnt after. “Well, how did the gizmo do it?” “We dont know, your honor. The device used was not made or coded by jeep/fca, altered parameters that we do not allow end users to modify, and is not a tool or software authorized by jeep/fca”. Good luck finding a lawyer to fight that for you that has any chance against the corporate legal team. You’ll end up spending as much as a brand new jeep just for the attempt.

i dunno. I realize im old and grouchy, but it just doesnt seem worth the risk to me so you can have a disco light blinker function or whatever. The dealer will change your tire size and gear ratio, and thats (imo) all you mostly need.

Getting more power from something like a livernois remap or pulsar would be nice, but at a minimum i wait a while until its tested and proven over the long haul, and ive owned my vehicle long enough to identify if there are any gremlins that need sorted, if i do it at all.
I have about 30,000 miles with a Pulsar installed, it's my third one, but Edge/Superchip's customer service is incredible. They replaced the first one no questions asked after I got a CEL a couple of times and limp mode. They gave me a credit on the second one when I traded it in to go with their TrailDash2 but that was a horrible "upgrade." It had a lot of issues I think related to the unlocked PCM. I spent about 2 hours with them on the phone and they refunded all my money and sent me a new Pulsar. The newer ones have a new motherboard that is supposed to address some of the bugs the users were noticing. So far so good. There is noticeable power increase and throttle response. Their products may not be 100% reliable, but they definitely stand by them. One of the best customer service experiences I have had in a long time.
Sponsored