Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We’re all here to help each other. Glad your getting it taken care of.
I had a similar situation with my Tazer mini and both lockers, they were stuck on in the streets. parked the truck, unmarried it. Started the truck, everything back to normal.

Just remember warranty work that involves dealer, flash to stock or remove programmer.
Also should be first troubleshooting step if electronics start acting funny to rule out the tune or device.
Can I take back a like and apply the love thing instead?
Well said!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They only replaced the rear camera, not the head unit.
OOps - MY BAD - must have read that wrong. Well, that's an EASY swap for them. A few screws, pull a panel off the tailgate and it's right there.

In any case, I'm really glad it worked out for you, it's not a disaster, and there's some experience gained. Now you know more than you did and can pass that along someday.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
I had similar happen at work when people decided to bring items from home and plug them into the computers.
^^^^THIS^^^^!!!!
Having worked almost all tiers of tech support over my career - don't do this. Please, please, don't do this, ever! LOL!
As for the mods - same situation, proceed at your own peril. If something gets f'd up, it's absolutely now YOUR problem for f'ing with it in the first place.
Good advice above: Try to undo what you did and hope it works. If not, never ever say you did anything to it, just play dumb. Sounds mean, but truth if you hope to get a warrantee fix.

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Dealership did all the speedo and wheels I've adjustments for me when I changed my tire size and lift. But then they do know me there very well. But then I try not to use anything aftermarket that might void a warranty. Been there done that, got screwed in the end.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
I changed the speedo and DRL settings with my Superchip Flashcal ,backup camera stopped working, dealership says because I used a tuner I no longer have any electrical warranty.

Thoughts?
Man, that just sucks. Just last Thursday, I had my Sport S in the shop for the Steering TSB. While in there I asked the Service writer to also have them calibrate the speedo since they added the lift, tires and wheels as part of their package on my truck, and my speedo now reads about 4-5 mph too slow. They first came back to me and said "the tool we would need to get to do that would be $250, and if I wanted them to do that, I'd have to pay for that tool" I very quickly said, "why would I pay for a tool that I don't get to keep?" I then said forget it, and that a J-scan was $100 on Amazon. It was then that the Service Manager told me that if I did that, they would void my warranty. Needless to say, I am not fooling with it, because it's not worth my warranty. Sorry you're going through that.....

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that just sucks. Just last Thursday, I had my Sport S in the shop for the Steering TSB. While in there I asked the Service writer to also have them calibrate the speedo since they added the lift, tires and wheels as part of their package on my truck, and my speedo now reads about 4-5 mph too slow. They first came back to me and said "the tool we would need to get to do that would be $250, and if I wanted them to do that, I'd have to pay for that tool" I very quickly said, "why would I pay for a tool that I don't get to keep?" I then said forget it, and that a J-scan was $100 on Amazon. It was then that the Service Manager told me that if I did that, they would void my warranty. Needless to say, I am not fooling with it, because it's not worth my warranty. Sorry you're going through that.....
That's a lie for one and two they would never know if you used a JScan unless you openly told them, it doesn't leave a trace. It's not a tuner. I have verified this at my buddies shop who has the same scan tools as a dealership does. My Flashpaqs on my JKU did and that's why I reset everything with it before taking it into the dealership if I had to get anything warranty wise done.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
You bought it from the dealer with the lift already installed? Or did you ask them to install it as part of the sale? If the former, I think I'd say: "well, then you sold me a faulty truck. You modified it and didn't make the speedo work properly." Yes you bought it; but how would you have known at the time that they didn't calibrate for the larger tires? Unless it was disclosed at the time of purchase, which I doubt.

JPARK60

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR, 17 KTM 690 Enduro, 12 Grand Cherokee, 05 Cooper S, 03 Super Glide,
Occupation
Helo Maint.
I had my dealership do the 2" lift and 35's, they used the jscan tool to do the recal, and they left the jscan with me as part of the package deal. I guess it depends on the shop, but it would seem that they would be required to do a recal if they are installing a different than stock tire.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I had my dealership do the 2" lift and 35's, they used the jscan tool to do the recal, and they left the jscan with me as part of the package deal. I guess it depends on the shop, but it would seem that they would be required to do a recal if they are installing a different than stock tire.
What do you mean “they left the JScan with” you? Are you referring to the OBD2 adapter? JScan is an app which gets installed on your phone.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean “they left the JScan with” you? Are you referring to the OBD2 adapter? JScan is an app which gets installed on your phone.
Yeah I was trying to figure that one out myself

Sponsored

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
You bought it from the dealer with the lift already installed? Or did you ask them to install it as part of the sale? If the former, I think I'd say: "well, then you sold me a faulty truck. You modified it and didn't make the speedo work properly." Yes you bought it; but how would you have known at the time that they didn't calibrate for the larger tires? Unless it was disclosed at the time of purchase, which I doubt.
That will be the argument that I'll have with them when it goes back to have the steering box changed in a couple weeks. We'll see what happens.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I thought about buying a Pulsar, because it is inline, doesn't mess with the factory PCM, but I think I'll just stay away completely from this kind of mod.
that and to my knowledge the pulsar still isnt right and theyre telling owners to pound sand.

i understand some of this stuff is cool to do, i guess i dont understand why do it. these vehicles have gotten expensive and very complex. Modifying them is a gamble, and most of these vendors dont give a damn about your vehicle. They churn out quick gimmicky crap, make people on the forums “full price beta testers”, and say “we’ve never seen that happen before, must be something wrong with your vehicle”. The dealers get the mess dropped to them, and if I were FCA i damn sure wouldnt be paying to fix the fuck ups of some garage band vendor selling junk on the internet either. Good luck on the magnuson moss act. The jeep worked correctly before you plugged the unauthorized gizmo in, and it didnt after. “Well, how did the gizmo do it?” “We dont know, your honor. The device used was not made or coded by jeep/fca, altered parameters that we do not allow end users to modify, and is not a tool or software authorized by jeep/fca”. Good luck finding a lawyer to fight that for you that has any chance against the corporate legal team. You’ll end up spending as much as a brand new jeep just for the attempt.

i dunno. I realize im old and grouchy, but it just doesnt seem worth the risk to me so you can have a disco light blinker function or whatever. The dealer will change your tire size and gear ratio, and thats (imo) all you mostly need.

Getting more power from something like a livernois remap or pulsar would be nice, but at a minimum i wait a while until its tested and proven over the long haul, and ive owned my vehicle long enough to identify if there are any gremlins that need sorted, if i do it at all.

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Also: remember threads like this the next time you read an article suggesting that, in the future, youll have to sign an end user license agreement for your vehicle purchase that puts you into a civilly binding contract not to modify the OEM’s IP.

this is the direction this is going, and its because of the aftermath of third party vendors selling crap that ends up jacking up the car.

i would not be surprised if we arent far from a thread “i plugged this gizmo in, it broke my vehicle, i took it to the dealer, they wont fix it, and now im getting sued”.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Also: remember threads like this the next time you read an article suggesting that, in the future, youll have to sign an end user license agreement for your vehicle purchase that puts you into a civilly binding contract not to modify the OEM’s IP.
Like the farm equipment battle between farmers and Big Tractor.
Sponsored