Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. The key thing there is YOU are making the calls for yourself brutha. Glad Oregon still has some with common sense! :)
I was Born and Raised in Maine-This Oregon lacks in the Common sense!!
Sponsored

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Granted I am still getting acclimated with my new baby and its quirks. That said, am I the only dummy who does this...hop in and start moving forward or backward and the damn thing lurches to a halt. Then I spend a few panicked seconds trying to figure out what happened. Did I hit something? Did the transmission seize? Ah I messed up on the clutch just like when I was 16. Uh no that can't be it cause its an automatic. Ha. Then I realize the dern door isn't all the way shut and the vehicle goes into some sort of abort mode. Wth. Never had that before. Plus I am used to doors on other my other vehicles that almost shut themselves. For the Jeep you have to really shut it like you mean it. Not a fan of this feature. Can it be turned off
Triple door seals to keep water out, so you can water ford 30" of water, will explain. Be careful of moving water so it will not carry you away. This is a reason to close the doors with more force than most. The power closing doors may not keep water at bay, like your Jeep can, and stll open after leaving the water. Hope you will enjoy water fording, I found it amazing and fun when you feel the water sloshing on the floor board and pounding at your feet. Thank you Jeep Jamboree USA for that and many other experiences that made me aware of why Jeeps have special qualities.

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Granted I am still getting acclimated with my new baby and its quirks. That said, am I the only dummy who does this...hop in and start moving forward or backward and the damn thing lurches to a halt. Then I spend a few panicked seconds trying to figure out what happened. Did I hit something? Did the transmission seize? Ah I messed up on the clutch just like when I was 16. Uh no that can't be it cause its an automatic. Ha. Then I realize the dern door isn't all the way shut and the vehicle goes into some sort of abort mode. Wth. Never had that before. Plus I am used to doors on other my other vehicles that almost shut themselves. For the Jeep you have to really shut it like you mean it. Not a fan of this feature. Can it be turned off
I have a manual, it just beeps or something at me if I start moving with the doors open.
Agree on having to shut the doors. Another thing, if your window is down slightly, it kind of rattles, almost scares me that it's going to break.

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Just did this today for the first time. It really is a WTF moment the first time it happens.

Sponsored

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
Yep, it's a safety feature that can't be turned off, just buckle your seat belt and your good or buy a seat belt extender. I thought wearing your seat belt was the law in every state
Does this feature kick in when running with no doors? The OP was saying his door wasn't shut completely, nothing to do with seatbelt.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Does this feature kick in when running with no doors? The OP was saying his door wasn't shut completely, nothing to do with seatbelt.
Yes, it's there when the doors are off also. If you don't have your seat belt on, doors on or off, the features going to kick in. But it won't do it while in gear driving like at Hwy speeds, just like when you stop and put it back in gear and start it back up.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
If you want a real snapshot of human stupidity, gargle up the boat ramp fails on the net. These people reproduce at alarming rates.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
The automatic window controls make the door heavier than if you had roll up windows.
There's a bunch of other threads where people asked the same question...
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/disable-auto-park.38820/
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/auto-park.33387/
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rk-keeps-engaging-when-going-to-r-or-d.20666/
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/disable-annoying-auto-park-feature.20574/

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
No... It is bad. People die falling down stairways and we still have them. In fact people die in vehicles every day and we still have them. Come to think about it, people die in their sleep and we still sleep!!! AND.... people die from being morons, and we still have them.....
So what your saying is seat belts don't help to save lives, so there hasn't been less automobile deaths since people started wearing seat belts. I think the statistics would disagree with you on this being a bad feature. If you don't like it there are ways around it but a safety feature that might keep someone from rolling over their selves even if you could say hey their a dumbass for doing it, is not bad. Hey I guess I could say, hey stop being a lazy ass and just buckle your seat belt. I chalk this up in the same category as people who complain about the start/Stop feature in the Jeeps, oh my god how can I disable it, hey here's how push the button if you don't like it.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
This is totally true, significantly heavier if I base it off my JKU I had and my buddies JKU that had manual windows. My doors were significantly heavier. I am glad my JT does not have automatic windows, one thing less I got to worry about failing and the doors are lighter. No automatic locks either but I may or may not add them later, that's yet to be determined.

OP
OP

Bull Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sea-cups.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave Sting Grey. 2018 Audi S5
So what your saying is seat belts don't help to save lives, so there hasn't been less automobile deaths since people started wearing seat belts. I think the statistics would disagree with you on this being a bad feature. If you don't like it there are ways around it but a safety feature that might keep someone from rolling over their selves even if you could say hey their a dumbass for doing it, is not bad. Hey I guess I could say, hey stop being a lazy ass and just buckle your seat belt. I chalk this up in the same category as people who complain about the start/Stop feature in the Jeeps, oh my god how can I disable it, hey here's how push the button if you don't like it.
Kinda going off topic here. I would never drive down the highway without my seat belt. However I'd sure drive down my driveway without it. In fact I want to be able to. Same with the door cracked open. Its a function of safety vs common sense. Seatbelt death statistics have nothing to do with the point here, as is the case so often with "statistics". The relevant statistic would be deaths from driveway rollovers. Looks like we are at one in that category. I imagine thats about the same total as deaths resulting from some poor soul who died from the hood closing on their head

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
This was one of the first things my salesperson told me about during the walk through.

This is quite possibly the only "feature" that I really hate and wish I could turn it off. What makes it worse, is that my driver door requires a slightly stronger slam to get shut properly than the other 3 doors, so this issue get's me sometimes. I think my door needs to be adjusted.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda going off topic here. I would never drive down the highway without my seat belt. However I'd sure drive down my driveway without it. In fact I want to be able to. Same with the door cracked open. Its a function of safety vs common sense. Seatbelt death statistics have nothing to do with the point here, as is the case so often with "statistics". The relevant statistic would be deaths from driveway rollovers. Looks like we are at one in that category. I imagine thats about the same total as deaths resulting from some poor soul who died from the hood closing on their head
Someone died, because they got ran over because they got out with a jeep in gear and it ran over them, that's why the feature is there. Guess what would happen if it wasn't, there would be a number of lawsuits being filed against FCA for not having the feature. You can thank the the guy who got ran over for the feature that will keep someone else from getting ran over, that's my point, it's not bad, it's a feature to keep someone from dying. If you want to move your vehicle in the driveway then shut the door, it's that simple, or if the doors are off snap your seat belt or buy a seatbelt extender.

OP
OP

Bull Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sea-cups.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave Sting Grey. 2018 Audi S5
Someone died, because they got ran over because they got out with a jeep in gear and it ran over them, that's why the feature is there. Guess what would happen if it wasn't, there would be a number of lawsuits being filed against FCA for not having the feature. You can thank the the guy who got ran over for the feature that will keep someone else from getting ran over, that's my point, it's not bad, it's a feature to keep someone from dying.
Yea understood. We get why they added this safety feature but that doesn't mean we have to agree with it. Big picture, its warped to try to engineer and idiot proof against every possible scenario because someone died doing xyz. If thats the mindset then there should be no vehicle produced with a removable roof or doors or off road capability. There are scenarios where each of those aspects could present a safety hazard. So why not just outlaw everything and have us all drive basic sedans so that we will be "safe".
Sponsored