Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
20200206_181038.jpg
20200206_181031.jpg
20200203_201522.jpg

I was going to put them in the factory location, but they do not have a bracket for it. Was going to fab my own so I purchased some Amazon special LED fogs with the right bracket so I had something to pattern off of. After a bit of tweaking, I was so impressed with the Asian specials I kept them for normal driving and added the Amber for bad weather
Do you have a link to the Amazon lights/brackets you purchased?

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have the lights and I will sell them cheap also Dynamic Diode now has the brackets for the sport

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After driving around with these lights everything else seems like candlelight. On top of that snow and ice does not phase them so my LEDs can freeze over if they want and my Pros just shine the way.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Nice garage. Im looking at the max found them slightly on sale.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice garage. Im looking at the max found them slightly on sale.
I have had that machine simce 2015, and I absolutely love it. It eats up trails and hills like no one's business and then can do a full days work no issue.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
@DAVECS1 Thank you for posting this thread. After reading your first post some time ago, I decided to try out some cheapo amber cubes I found on Amazon for $34. just to see if I liked them.
I am glad I did. After installing, the frozen fog season arrived. On my long drive out to work, the factory led fogs completely iced over and the headlights were half covered, but the little amber cubes stayed clear. The amber color cut through the thick fog much better. In a recent snow storm, the Star-Trek effect was lessened dramatically also.
I will be upgrading to the Diode Dynamics.

Jeep Gladiator Amber Driving lights! Yes Please! jt icecubes

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DAVECS1 Thank you for posting this thread. After reading your first post some time ago, I decided to try out some cheapo amber cubes I found on Amazon for $34. just to see if I liked them.
I am glad I did. After installing, the frozen fog season arrived. On my long drive out to work, the factory led fogs completely iced over and the headlights were half covered, but the little amber cubes stayed clear. The amber color cut through the thick fog much better. In a recent snow storm, the Star-Trek effect was lessened dramatically also.
I will be upgrading to the Diode Dynamics.

jt icecubes.jpg
It really is a dramatic life saving difference. I only like driving my jeep at night at this point. Storm Offraod is doing 20 spot raffles on DD cubes right now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I was looking at the max kit, but what I could not tell is how they work in conjunction with the auto light option.
Do they run minimalized, or full bore during daytime running lights?

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
I was looking at the max kit, but what I could not tell is how they work in conjunction with the auto light option.
Do they run minimalized, or full bore during daytime running lights?
The fog lights do not come into play with the DRLs that I’m aware of? Or are you asking if they will be “full on” when the headlights auto enable when it gets dark enough?

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
So I ordered the SS3 Max SAE Yellow fog light kit for my Gladiator this evening. A shop on Amazon had them with free shipping and 15% off coupon. I’m supposed to have them on the 2/23 but not sure I’ll be able to install them at that time. I am running a Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper and, looking at the mount, I will be able to aim them down if needed. With that bumper the stock lights are not flush against anything and it appears they would swivel up/down in the OEM mount as needed. I’ll try to get video of them once mounted and will post it up here on the site. I can’t find any video of the SS3 Max SAE fogs for the JL or Gladiator to compare, maybe I’ll be the first....

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
During normal daytime Auto light option, the halo`s on the headlights are on, and the fogs as well.
What I can`t tell is if a fog light blowtorch will be running non-stop with the daytime running light setup.
If it does, then I would have to disable the Auto feature.
Edit:
I am guessing if you do the auto feature, then it`s game on in beautiful yellow blowtorch lighting at night?

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
During normal daytime Auto light option, the halo`s on the headlights are on, and the fogs as well.
What I can`t tell is if a fog light blowtorch will be running non-stop with the daytime running light setup.
If it does, then I would have to disable the Auto feature.
Edit:
I am guessing if you do the auto feature, then it`s game on in beautiful yellow blowtorch lighting at night?
My fog lights do not have halos that I’m aware of and they definitely aren’t on during the day as DRLs..... Maybe its because I’m running a tazer and have the Fender DRLs turned off? I don’t recall seeing my fog lights on in any capacity anytime unless turned on at night.
Sponsored