Another mud flap question

Han22735

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator
Hi...I tried searching and reading but didn't find my exact question. I got a set of weathertech mudflaps and got the set for a 23 Willy's which has the factory rock rails. On the flaps it looks like it's molded to have side steps.

Anyone with a Willy's install the Rubicon version that doesn't have that area for a side step? See the difference in the pics.

Thanks,
Scott

Jeep Gladiator Another mud flap question Screenshot_20231227_104245_Chrome

Jeep Gladiator Another mud flap question Screenshot_20231227_104227_Chrome
Sponsored

OP
OP

Han22735

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator
One more thing....above are the pictures from the website...top Willy's, bottom Rubicon. Here's what I got for the Willy's...they are the same part numbers. You can see they look different.

Screenshot_20231227_121337_Gallery.png

Main Line Willys

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Have you tried holding it up to your Jeep to check the fit?

OP
OP

Han22735

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator
They would install fine. The issue is that space to the left of the rock rail shouldn't be as wide. It looks funny. I emailed Weathertech to see what they think

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Occupation
Land Tours Manager, Jeep Tour Guide
Wrong part. You need the ones on top. I put RokBlokz flaps on my new Willys, weird but good!

Last edited:

Sponsored

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Machinist / Auto Technician
RokBlokz flaps
I have them on my Willys

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
If what you say is true about the Willys rock rails being the same as the Rubicon (because I don't know) then they sent you the incorrect ones. I do know that my Mojave had the same standard factory rock rails that came with the Rubicon. They fit perfectly with mine.

Even after emailing them about this, Weathertech does not include the Mojave in the fit application along with the Rubi.

As mentioned before on other threads, Weathertech will not fit with any optional factory side steps.

OP
OP

Han22735

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator
Just a follow up to this...WT responded that they recently updated the mud flaps to accommodate rails and steps. So the picture from the website is old and the one I posted above is how they come now. Kinda annoying since the old ones would fit perfectly and these have a more universal fit. Here's a side by side of the difference

20231228_110938-COLLAGE.jpg

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Just a follow up to this...WT responded that they recently updated the mud flaps to accommodate rails and steps. So the picture from the website is old and the one I posted above is how they come now. Kinda annoying since the old ones would fit perfectly and these have a more universal fit. Here's a side by side of the difference

Jeep Gladiator Another mud flap question 20231228_110938-COLLAGE
That is strange. Here is what they are selling elsewhere online:

WeatherTech Custom MudFlaps for 18-23 Jeep Wrangler JL/20-22 Gladiator Front Set | eBay

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
So I ordered a set of Weathertech mud flaps for my rubicon… this would be my third set, and now they made it more “universal” and doesn’t look as polished before … I am contemplating returning them and hoping Mopar makes a set someday for the ecodiesel … disappointing.

Sponsored

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)

20231228_110938-COLLAGE.jpg
By steps do they mean the Jeep Performance Parts Rock Rails? If so, at least for me, that would be awesome! I can't find any info on this new design.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
By steps do they mean the Jeep® Performance Parts Rock Rails? If so, at least for me, that would be awesome! I can't find any info on this new design.
It’s a “revision” same part number but says “Rev I” molded into the plastic … it looks like it may actually work for you … Amazon has them, so easy returns.

However, if you have the old version, I’d pay you for them…

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a “revision” same part number but says “Rev I” molded into the plastic … it looks like it may actually work for you … Amazon has them, so easy returns.

However, if you have the old version, I’d pay you for them…
I don't have any mudflaps currently. I've been looking at all the options for a long time but having the JPP HD rails has limited my options to zero. Even the Rockblokz will break if you modify the hole to fit those rails.

I've sent an email to their sales address to see if they can clarify.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Gladiator Another mud flap question 20231228_110938-COLLAGE
I just wanted to follow-up on this. I also contacted Weathertech to see what was going on. In my case, I am interested in the new revision since I have the Jeep Performance Parts rock rails that look like they will fit. They responded to me the same as they did @Han22735 that they have updated the front flaps to accept these rails. They wanted pictures of my setup to have a look and confirmed they should fit. I also sent them a link to the post with this picture to make sure they knew what I was talking about.

I ordered them Monday direct from Weathertech and should have them next Tuesday or so. The part number it says I ordered is the following based on year, model and trim (Rubicon):

MudFlap
Part Number: 110100-120112
Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Set: Front & Rear Set

We'll see what I end up with. There's another thread on this where people are getting all kinds of different versions of the front flaps based on who they've ordered from.

GWolgamott

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Person sitting in the office under the stairs, behind the bathrooms... dispensing unreliable advice based on questionable numbers
That sucks I have the older ones and they look great. I even have aftermarket steps that wouldn't have needed that goofy looking universal fit.
Sponsored