Sponsored

Any rumors for 2022 Gladiator changes?

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Any rumors going around for changes, updates, trims, tweaks...etc Jeep might do to the Gladiator for 2022?
Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
2022 Jeep Gladiator JT, with:
Racking for phase plasma rifle in 40 watt range
1.21 jiggawatt flux capacitor
Afterburner with triple bypass
Cyberdyne systems hyperalloy combat-ready muffler bushings
12 gallon pneumatic fluid tank
Fluidless turn signals
392 ci Hemi... with no fancy misfire codes.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
2022 Jeep Gladiator JT, with:
Racking for phase plasma rifle in 40 watt range
1.21 jiggawatt flux capacitor
Afterburner with triple bypass
Cyberdyne systems hyperalloy combat-ready muffler bushings
12 gallon pneumatic fluid tank
Fluidless turn signals
392 ci Hemi... with no fancy misfire codes.
I read they were adding a perch on the back for a road warrior style flaming guitar guy

0D95BEA3-F37F-4050-87D3-C2B165658BD3.gif

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Honestly, I'd be happy with a 10" Uconnect.
I would be happy with a Uconnect system that actually works. That software is dogsh**.
2022, It needs to connect to your home wifi and provide an update on status whenever requested, without a 4G subscription, without a 3rd party involved like Sirius.

Currently, you ask "hey google, ask Jeep how much fuel I have". Maybe you are lucky if you get a response. If you do, chances are the information is 2 weeks old. That doesn't help anyone to know how much fuel I had 2 weeks ago.
For a system that has been around for years, there is not excuse for how bad it still is.
And the fact that it's even called "u connect" is a joke. That implies you can connect. But you can't lol. It's so broken.

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I would be happy with a Uconnect system that actually works. That software is dogsh**.
2022, It needs to connect to your home wifi and provide an update on status whenever requested, without a 4G subscription, without a 3rd party involved like Sirius.

Currently, you ask "hey google, ask Jeep how much fuel I have". Maybe you are lucky if you get a response. If you do, chances are the information is 2 weeks old. That doesn't help anyone to know how much fuel I had 2 weeks ago.
For a system that has been around for years, there is not excuse for how bad it still is.
And the fact that it's even called "u connect" is a joke. That implies you can connect. But you can't lol. It's so broken.
Haha weird, I think the Uconnect system is awesome...has always worked super well for me, quick and responsive. I think the onboard navigation is awful and always chooses the most bizarre paths to get somewhere, so that's kind of annoying - but the rest of the system has been outstanding in my opinion!

Of course it wouldn't have even entered my mind to ask my phone to tell me how much gas my vehicle has...so maybe I just have low expectations? :jk:

Deleted member 30519

My 2020 JT 5" screen uconnect Is horrible compared to my older JLs 7" uconnect. Sometimes when I hit the power button to the radio it takes over 5 seconds to turn on. LoL

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
My 5" base model uconnect Is horrible compared to my JLs 7" uconnect. Sometimes when I hit the power button to radio it takes over 5 seconds to turn on. LoL
Haha good point - I should have specified, I have the highest end one...I am sure that makes a difference!

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I actually find UConnect with Android Auto WAY more effective than any of my Acura navigation interfaces. DLAW, I see you have several Hondas; I'd imagine you've experienced frustration with the Honda navigation/infotainment units as well.

I haven't used the voice command options...I'm used to navigating through the center console interface. And I gotta be honest, I'm not sure I'd ever ask how much fuel I had left (that would never enter my mind). But I would ask for local restaurants, ATMs, directions to airports, etc. as I do in my Acuras. I would expect giving me that information within several seconds.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Best Navigation System I ever had. Was out in the Mojave Desert on unmarked dirt roads 25 miles from pavement and hit the "Home" button and a sweet voice told me to turn right in 1000 feet on the next dirt road. 45 minutes later I was on California Highway 395 headed home. Not one missed turn on all unmarked trails. My friend has a 2021 Ram and his is just as good.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Best Navigation System I ever had. Was out in the Mojave Desert on unmarked dirt roads 25 miles from pavement and hit the "Home" button and a sweet voice told me to turn right in 1000 feet on the next dirt road. 45 minutes later I was on California Highway 395 headed home. Not one missed turn on all unmarked trails. My friend has a 2021 Ram and his is just as good.
I should add that my Rubicon has 8.4-inch touchscreen Uconnect® 4C NAV system upgraded with SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic Plus. The premium Navigation system features pinch-and-zoom capability, one-step voice destination entry, Junction View, 3D landmarks, city models and digital terrains.
Sponsored