Any runners or bikers on here

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
I run or ride (and sometimes box) 5-6 days/week just to stay in shape. I used to run a lot more and did about 10 marathons in 5-6 years. Now I will do about 1 half marathon a year. Too much training time for the fulls and I tore my ACL playing soccer about 5 years ago. I prefer trail running and I ride mountain (single track flowy stuff), gravel and road and prefer them in that order. :)
Sponsored

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
About ten years ago I started running to lose weight and lost 60 pounds. I tend to overdo things and strained my left calf on a few occasions. That combined with my knees not being what they once were I now ride bikes. I'm a mountain biker but I own a road bike for when the trails are too wet to ride and a fat bike for winter and beach riding. My 9 year-old son also enjoys mountain biking which is awesome. The main reason I put a rack on my Gladiator was to be able to tote bikes (and skis) around.

Jeep Gladiator Any runners or bikers on here 20211016_131029510_iOS
Jeep Gladiator Any runners or bikers on here 20210629_104159526_iOS

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I used to bike around 20 miles every few days on my mountain bike, but haven't since I moved out in the country.

I do dirt bike though on my property. When I lived in Indiana, my two brothers and I would go to Haspin Acers and ride till we were exhausted. I miss those days for sure.
One of my brothers and I would race Hare Scrambles year's ago. I would certainly like to get back into that, but with everything else going on in my life at the moment, I just don't have the time to devote towards it...hopefully some day in the future. Of course, now I'd be in the senior class, which is fine by me.

Here's my 2004 Kawasaki KDX220.

Jeep Gladiator Any runners or bikers on here bike

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Just curious how many JT owners are physically active. I'm a runner myself mainly but recently got into biking as well. Took a few months off to recover from a injury and am getting back at it now. Went from a 7:30-7:45 training pace to a 8:30-8:45 pace, it's been a struggle the past few weeks. Feel free to post up your activities you have done or did with pics.
Had to quit running due to years of marathons and half-marathons in my 20s and 30s, then mtn bike racing in my 40s and 50s. Hike nearly every day in New Mexico and do trail work on the same trails.

Sponsored

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
Gonna dig this one up.

I'm a recovering MTBer that discovered road bikes. Riding a carbon Trek Domane etap. My MTB is a Marin from 2001!

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna dig this one up.

I'm a recovering MTBer that discovered road bikes. Riding a carbon Trek Domane etap. My MTB is a Marin from 2001!
Nice, I need to bike more myself. About 95% runner, 30-60 miles a week depending on if I'm training or not.

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
agreed, me too. I've got less than 500 miles this year..... about half of my annual goal

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna dig this one up.

I have a 2017 Domane SL7. Great bike. I didn’t put nearly enough miles on this summer though. Kind of disappointed in myself. Next year I’m doing more. I’ve done a few longer rides like the CO triple bypass in 2021, and the my Evans hill climb the same year. Other than that. I usually do 50-70 mile rides when I get time. But didn’t do much at all this year. Too much jeeping. So I’m fat this year. :)

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
I have a 2017 Domane SL7. Great bike. I didn’t put nearly enough miles on this summer though. Kind of disappointed in myself. Next year I’m doing more. I’ve done a few longer rides like the CO triple bypass in 2021, and the my Evans hill climb the same year. Other than that. I usually do 50-70 mile rides when I get time. But didn’t do much at all this year. Too much jeeping. So I’m fat this year. :)
Me too, I just bought mine this spring. I'd convinced myself to buy a new one. Last was a 2011 Cannondale CAAD10. LOved that bike (still do) but it's straight RACE! I'm not that flexible anymore!

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Me too, I just bought mine this spring. I'd convinced myself to buy a new one. Last was a 2011 Cannondale CAAD10. LOved that bike (still do) but it's straight RACE! I'm not that flexible anymore!
The domane is so forgiving. You’ll love it.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Next year I'm thinking about doing a Ironman so I'll more than likely end up with a new bike. I have never raced on a bike but have done 60 to 80 miles a few times. I'm still rocking a old Fuji bike I bought 3 years ago for $125. It's been a good bike but I definitely haven't put it to use like I need to. It's just hard to jump on the bike when I've been running most of the time and really enjoy running. My laughable bike for reference, people tell me it's a decent bike especially for the money I paid for it, I know very little about them.

Jeep Gladiator Any runners or bikers on here PXL_20210703_140112758

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Next year I'm thinking about doing a Ironman so I'll more than likely end up with a new bike. I have never raced on a bike but have done 60 to 80 miles a few times. I'm still rocking a old Fuji bike I bought 3 years ago for $125. It's been a good bike but I definitely haven't put it to use like I need to. It's just hard to jump on the bike when I've been running most of the time and really enjoy running.
I had to stop running after a short stint. I overdid it and mildly messed up my knees. I love road biking though, and even being pretty out of shape right now, can do some pretty long distance rides. I feel like the downhills are my reward for the climbs.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had to stop running after a short stint. I overdid it and mildly messed up my knees. I love road biking though, and even being pretty out of shape right now, can do some pretty long distance rides. I feel like the downhills are my reward for the climbs.
I feel ya there. I need to ride more in my recovery days. I'm training for a Half in October and then another Marathon in February or March. Trying to qualify for Boston at my next Marathon. Need to be under 3:20. Using the Half as a training/ speed run. It's in Black Mountain NC so it will have some hills. Hoping to be 1:37 or under there. Had some pretty decent speed workouts this week.

Was close to qualifying in February of this year but my right leg went numb at mile 15 and I couldn't hardly bend it at 18. Ended up with a 3:34 still and it was my first full. Found out I had 5 Hernias 4 days later and that's what caused the leg to go numb. If not for that I'd be at Boston 2024.

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Next year I'm thinking about doing a Ironman so I'll more than likely end up with a new bike. I have never raced on a bike but have done 60 to 80 miles a few times. I'm still rocking a old Fuji bike I bought 3 years ago for $125. It's been a good bike but I definitely haven't put it to use like I need to. It's just hard to jump on the bike when I've been running most of the time and really enjoy running. My laughable bike for reference, people tell me it's a decent bike especially for the money I paid for it, I know very little about them.

Jeep Gladiator Any runners or bikers on here PXL_20210703_140112758
Looks like it's got Shimano 105 which a good/great component set. It's the same as my Cannondale. With some aero bars added you'll be great for a Tri. I did a sprint back in 2019 and have been wanting to do more since. I really need to get back in the pool
Sponsored