Sponsored

Anybody have a small rattle from drivers door.

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
It's not serious just a bit annoying. Seems like the window. Maybe a clip of some kind. Just curious if anyone else had it and had bothered to go looking.
Sponsored

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
It's not serious just a bit annoying. Seems like the window. Maybe a clip of some kind. Just curious if anyone else had it and had bothered to go looking.
i do only when the windows cracked but haven’t had it looked at

OP
OP
Wbrook24

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Ya thats the same with mine. When I put my hand on the window I don't hear it. Not a big deal just wondering if something got loose.

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Ya thats the same with mine. When I put my hand on the window I don't hear it. Not a big deal just wondering if something got loose.
right, I’m guessing somethings not fastened down. I may have them look at it next time it goes in. (I’m past the 36,000 mark:facepalm:)

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I have a subtle “click“ noise that happens as the door opens in three separate locations throughout the opening. Only the drivers door and no idea why. It did not happen when new and nothing seems to be wrong

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wbrook24

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
I have a subtle “click“ noise that happens as the door opens in three separate locations throughout the opening. Only the drivers door and no idea why. It did not happen when new and nothing seems to be wrong
If you have had the doors off or even if you haven't look at the door (arm?) thing that holds the door open at different points. My friends jeep did something similar and it needed to be tightened and greased.

OP
OP
Wbrook24

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
right, I’m guessing somethings not fastened down. I may have them look at it next time it goes in. (I’m past the 36,000 mark:facepalm:)
Ya guessing one of the window clips at base of window but might open it up and take a look or ask when i do one of the free oil changes. My dealership is pretty good most of the time. Just hit 6,000 miles a day ago so we will see.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
If you have had the doors off or even if you haven't look at the door (arm?) thing that holds the door open at different points. My friends jeep did something similar and it needed to be tightened and greased.
Thanks. Doors have never been off. 5000 miles on the truck but I’ll look today

David.G.T.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
I am having this same issue....I get a TERRIBLE rattle from both front windows when they are rolled down. Happens when closing the door or going over a bump. Just took it to the dealer and they said it was normal.

However, I call bullsh*t.....I compared it to my friends JLU and his windows don't make a sound when rolled down.

Last edited:

J&L in Maui

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ
Anyone get it looked at by the dealer yet? I have the rattle when front passenger window is full down. Clearly a window rattle. If I roll up a bit the rattle is stopped. Dealer was no help when trying to id. Thought was maybe seat belt shoulder assembly first.

Does jeep care?

Sponsored

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist
I’ve definitely noticed a rattle in the driver’s door, but have not pinpointed where it’s coming from.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I get the same thing. Found out it's the seat belt fluttering in the wind and hitting the sides.

Wind deflectors channel most of the wind away and that made it bearable. Now it only rattles at highway speed.

I just turn up the radio...

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
I am also getting door rattle...only at speed like > 45

you can feel it (and even see it shake the mirror) closer to the upper hinge on the inside where the mirror is-ish. Window down or up has no effect.

Anyone found a solution would be AWESOME.

Dr Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition
I am also getting door rattle...only at speed like > 45

you can feel it (and even see it shake the mirror) closer to the upper hinge on the inside where the mirror is-ish. Window down or up has no effect.

Anyone found a solution would be AWESOME.
[

Dr Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition
I also have this same rattle near the upper hinges in the door and can feel it at speeds over 40. It's quite annoying.
Sponsored