Anybody heard anything about this?

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Factory softtops ive seen are significantly more than this, im with some of the others in that this may be a good summer option. No chance i am giving up hardtop for winter, but for offroading and something to throw on for 4-5 months, this is more my price (even if the back window looks like new bronco soft widows and not tight)
Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I've never been a fan of the soft top. I don't particularly care for the lines of them in the rear. I get it our trucks are shaped like bricks but most of the corners are smooth. The soft tops have too much of a point. For this one in particular, that back window looks cheap.

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
i am very interested. the price is right, and if its only on in the summer, I could deal with zippers.

nothing wrong with a little competition for jeep/mopar.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I like the attempt but just misses the mark especially at $900. Looks like there is a lot of hardware to deal with as well as zippers and a pretty flimsy looking rear window. OEM still wins out.

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
THIS. Ordered something with them back on 12/13 and its still in pending stage and shipping keeps getting pushed out. Ive came close a couple times on just cancelling but I really want what I ordered.
Good luck with your order. I had their front door bags on order since late July and finally gave up a few weeks ago when another brand became available from Quadratec. They did let me return the rear door bags I've had for months and paid the return shipping, so no complaints about their customer service.

OP
OP
sbach66

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I like the attempt but just misses the mark especially at $900. Looks like there is a lot of hardware to deal with as well as zippers and a pretty flimsy looking rear window. OEM still wins out.
I think comparing it to the OEM isn't actually a great comparison; these aren't apples to apples. I think the OEM is meant to be a full time top; this is meant as a part time top for a few months. I don't think you can say it "misses the mark" until it's actually out there and we have some real world experience with it. For what it is, I think the price is more or less about what I'd expect - it's significantly cheaper than buying a new OEM top (yes, I know you can find used closer to that price, but they are used).

I do agree with posters that lack of info on this is worth watching; no great pictures of the inside, and no install manuals that I've seen that could give more details of how the whole thing comes together.

But I think it does bear keeping an eye on - could be a good "part time" soft top option.

Jakelive

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT GLADIATOR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I like what I see here. I live in NC and I could run with this top from April to October. I do have a garage though and I only put about 10000 miles a year on my jeep.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
This will do for those without OEM. I think that's the market they are going for. OEM is $2000 with clear window/sailcloth, $2239 with tinted window/twill. This one is $900. I'll take it!

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
For me, buckle straps and zippers are a deal breaker. Those are not fun to deal with. That's one of the things I think Jeep did right on the JT, no zippers. Feels like going backwards to have to deal with those again.
Where are you seeing zippers other than the storage pockets on the underside of the top? The top is held in place by velcro to the frame, and the back rear panels also appear to be velcro for the attachment of the window.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
Here's a pic that Quadratec didn't have on their site, this came from the RR site.

a8f08ade27aeb16694256dad63f08e93.jpg
Bummer… From the JL pic I was hoping it would be a little more unique.
I had the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop on my JK. As soon as spring hits here in Michigan I’ll get the same thing for my Mojave.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Where are you seeing zippers other than the storage pockets on the underside of the top? The top is held in place by velcro to the frame, and the back rear panels also appear to be velcro for the attachment of the window.
I'm going off the product's description:
Jeep Gladiator Anybody heard anything about this? 1643310343407

To be honest, even if it isn't zippers and it's velcro strips instead, that's worse. Nothing fun about trying to apply tension to velcro.
Sponsored