Sponsored

Anyone developing an aftermarket soft top?

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I need something I can take off and store on the truck—water “resistant”.
Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I need something I can take off and store on the truck—water “resistant”.
I run the mopar bikini top in full canvas and it does work to protect from rain. It still allows rain to come down between the top of the door and the roll bar but does keep you mostly dry. It wouldn’t work if you don’t have a garage or cover for the heavy rain days.

BE013EDC-1AD4-417E-B928-4C062B135D53.jpeg

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run the mopar bikini top in full canvas and it does work to protect from rain. It still allows rain to come down between the top of the door and the roll bar but does keep you mostly dry. It wouldn’t work if you don’t have a garage or cover for the heavy rain days.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone developing an aftermarket soft top? BE013EDC-1AD4-417E-B928-4C062B135D53
I have a JL bikini that I have modified to work in the same way. Whatever is developed is going to have to incorporate door surrounds if it is gonna keep rain from pouring in. The Mastertop product from Quadratec worked so well on my JK. Almost watertight. Hoping we get something similar.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JL bikini that I have modified to work in the same way. Whatever is developed is going to have to incorporate door surrounds if it is gonna keep rain from pouring in. The Mastertop product from Quadratec worked so well on my JK. Almost watertight. Hoping we get something similar.
Agreed. I don’t like the look of the current soft top and this was the best option to let me leave the hard top off most of the summer but for sure would prefer something more watertight.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
They made the wrangler factory tops and still produced several aftermarket tops so I doubt that is specifically the reason
The Gladiator's cab shape is the issue, there isn't much more you can do with a top otherwise there would be other options. The design of the Wrangler allows different top configurations.

Sponsored

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Gladiator's cab shape is the issue, there isn't much more you can do with a top otherwise there would be other options. The design of the Wrangler allows different top configurations.
Agree. They will need to add some structure with surrounds and maybe a bar across the back between the roll bars. It can be done but it will be tricky. It may be ugly but I would live with that if it could be removed and stored—and keep most of the water out.

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
I'm sure Bestop will eventually release one. They've probably got a deal with FCA to wait before releasing into the aftermarket (like when Teraflex was rebranding the Mopar Stage 1, 2, 3 lifts until FCA replaced it and they released under the TF brand as the S/T3, etc).

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Anyone know of progress on aftermarket soft tops, I’d do a bestop (know they are oem) with there were options and a little competition $$$....

Taxxed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Self Employed
Bestop makes the factory top
Anyone found any full softops on the aftermarket? Refuse to buy the standard option as I don’t like the engineering or look. Got to be other full options 18 months later?

Sponsored

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
I'm pretty disappointed that one of the major vendors isn't offering any full soft top options yet. I would have much preferred something from @Bestop than getting the factory top. The closer we get to spring the more it is looking like that will be my only option.
I’m pretty sure the Factory Premium Soft Top was designed and manufactured by Best Top.

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Opera singer, occasional umpire
That looks pretty nice. Is it easy to take off and put on? Can you store the parts easily or do they take up a lot of space? I'm looking for something just like this, so I'm pretty excited to see it. Also, I have a Spiderwebshade bikini top; do you know if this will fit with that on?

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm probably buying a hard top JT tomorrow. Is the factory soft top the only option right now?
The first company to manufacture and sell a JT soft top has my business. The overengineered factory soft top is ridiculously overpriced at $1800! For God's sake there would be less material and hardware needed for an inexpensive JT soft top... For comparison I can get a TJ soft top on the cheap for $199 (replacement top with tinted windows) and find aftermarket hardware (surround and bows) for around $200. There is no reason a simple JT aftermarket top can't be under $700.

See this chain from Bestop and how everyone (including me) jumped on them to make an inexpensive aftermarket top - a couple posts in: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/new-gladiator-bikinis-from-bestop.37605/

Edited to clarify pricing.

Last edited: