Anyone has jeep refuse warranty work with out having receipts for oil changes

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I’ve been changing my oil myself because of bad luck with jeep and now I’m having a weird noise and they won’t warranty motor work because I don’t have receipts for when I changed my oil. Sounds crazy
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I’ve been changing my oil myself because of bad luck with jeep and now I’m having a weird noise and they won’t warranty motor work because I don’t have receipts for when I changed my oil. Sounds crazy
Do you have any buddies who are employees at local shops? If so have them fake some receipts.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Do you have any buddies who are employees at local shops? If so have them fake some receipts.
Well that’s fraud, so I’d advise against that.

You don’t typically need receipts, just records. If you can come up with approximate dates and write them down on paper and include the service performed that’s usually enough.

I would also consider moving to a different dealership if they refuse to help you.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Just go to a new dealer, that sounds like bullshit

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Take it somewhere else.
This. I've performed countless oil changes in all of my vehicles and I've never experienced this. Plus, they should be able to tell by the cleanliness of the oil that it has been regularly changed.

I'm a spreadsheet nerd and have a record for every oil change I've done (weight, brand, date, etc.), but have never had to use it. I agree with others that you might want to jot down some approximations on a spreadsheet/document so if you do need some type of maintenance history going forward (can't hurt).

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
I take it you bought the oil in-store and not online. Depending on store and if you're enrolled in their 'rewards program' i.e anything that involves giving your phone # or email, they might be able to look up your order history.

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Considering the Jeep itself will flag if the oil hasn't been changed within the specified time voiding warranty I'm calling BS. I read that for the diesel if you go past 10K miles without the oil life gauge being reset your warranty is voided, but not sure what that would be for the gas motor. Your book should say to never exceed x miles.

That said, I had an 09 JKU with the unlimited powertrain warranty that had 233K miles on it and was never denied a warranty claim despite me rarely going to the dealer unless it was warranty related. These were big jobs too, intake gaskets, transmission, head gaskets and more. I changed my oil myself and never kept records and was never questioned. In fact, my local dealer is so inept they failed to diagnose a chaffed transmission harness and replaced my trans at 205K for free under warranty. It was fixed by a $0.10 piece of electrical tape in the end.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well that’s fraud, so I’d advise against that.

You don’t typically need receipts, just records. If you can come up with approximate dates and write them down on paper and include the service performed that’s usually enough.

I would also consider moving to a different dealership if they refuse to help you.
That is one reason I use the Mopar website to document all my services. Dealer services are automatic and allows you to add what you do. It has been a great tool along with checking for any recalls

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The free carfax that you get with the jeep vehicle actually lets you upload receipts for services you've performed. I take advantage of that personally.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
That is one reason I use the Mopar website to document all my services. Dealer services are automatic and allows you to add what you do. It has been a great tool along with checking for any recalls
Yep, it's a good spot they themselves give you.

I tend to go over a little overboard. I'll do the Jeep app, the Fuelly app, I'll do paper receipts in a binder and now Geico let's my report it through their app (it's connected to CarFax or something?).

I remember buying a dirtbike from 1987 back in 2014. The owner had every document from the original purchase, every oil change, receipts from every washer ever used, etc. It was nice to see and every vehicle I've owned from that point forward has had a similar binder. It really helps to get your buyers to know you were serious about maintaining your things. It also helps you track just what you've done and how much it's cost you.. just keep your wife away from it! :D

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
🤔 this is the same person that posted their oil was a quart low after 4k miles. I'm guessing it's the previous owner that might have not done the oil changes in a timely matter? Reguardless, the dealer must see evidence of sludge in the engine to ask you for reciepts or proof🤷‍♂️. I hope they eventually resolve your issue though, goodluck.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
🤔 this is the same person that posted their oil was a quart low after 4k miles. I'm guessing it's the previous owner that might have not done the oil changes in a timely matter? Reguardless, the dealer must see evidence of sludge in the engine to ask you for reciepts or proof🤷‍♂️. I hope they eventually resolve your issue though, goodluck.
I’ve owned the jeep since new. I posted that I had recently changed it and noticed it was low. It turns out it wasnt low. I read everyone saying check it 15 mins after driving and when I checked then it wasn’t low. I change every 7,500 miles. Never had any engine issues till now. I asked them how the oil looked today when they changed it and said it looked good. They just said they aren’t tearing into engine because there are miles not recorded for oil changes. I got first few done at dealerships but had issues with them so started changing myself. Last recorded was at dealer for 18,xxx miles. I changed myself at 25,200, at 32,000, and at 36,200. I’m at 38,xxx now and let them change it.
Sponsored