Sponsored

Anyone have a Gorilla Glass windshield that cracked almost instantly?

Solar Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave,
Occupation
Solar inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Same. Gorilla glass my ass! I don’t think there’s any glass that would last in this configuration. It’s almost designed to catch stones from the road. Get the zero deductible on your insurance, and replace it every year
Sponsored

SergioGmz

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S 2020
Looks nice and the greatest think about it is the Gorilla Sticker next to the Jeep one, apart from that, it would be the same as having a regular windshield.

After having 2 original Windshield, second one with Diamond Fusion, (https://dfisolutions.com/surfaces-we-protect/car-windshields/), and 2 Gorilla Glass, one that cracked and get replaced in the dealership due to the one time replacement warranty, I had enough of it. It all depends of your luck, does not matter if you drive close or not, road or country, fast or slow, the rock reaper will come and get you sooner or later hahaha.

Currently waiting to get a denser spiderweb in my Gorilla Glass to replace it with a 400dll generic one.

Mad Dog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Chemist
2021 Gladiator purchased new in 22, 20k miles so far, no impacts/chips. on a cross country trip turned on defroster, noticed a small crack reflecting light six inches from center, on bottom passenger side, within 12 hours the crack has gone to the other side. I find it interesting the number of failures of GG all beginning in the same location and similar in appearance pictured on this and other forum sites

thumbnail (2).jpg
Had a similar crack start on my 21. Not GG normal glass. I have an 03 TJ that never had a cracked windshield. I think it's the window frames themselves. They're separate from the roll cage not a part of the body like on the TJ and earlier models. So the window frame flexes different, but that's just my opinion.

silvertoy

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yes, but on my Wife's 4xe JL. We both ordered at the same time. we only had 1600 miles, started with a miniscule rock chip about the size of a BB, by the time we made it home, the crack propagated the entire perimeter of the windshield, a giant circle around the entire windshield. Good news was that the dealership replaced it, no charge, under the Gorilla glass warranty, didn't have to go through my insurance.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Bought my JTRD May 26th 2022, by June 15th I had a small crack left of center near the wipers in the GG, it's been migrating across the windshiled and is now near the driver's speaker.

Sponsored

ultragladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Creative
Gorilla not so Gorilla… less than 4000 miles and Replaced through Safelite. Insurance actually put new Gorilla back on, but I was debating on if it even mattered…

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
No cracks in my glass and I just hit 25K. I do have some minor pitting and one chip across the edge of my glass. I suspect this is what is causing most of these cracks that appear out of "no where" or are cracked by the defroster. I don't believe the defroster is the sole culprit here or else people in Canada would be replacing windshields daily.

I noticed this on Feb 15h and it has yet to spread. I think people are seriously unlucky or just have terrible driving habits. On my JK I went through 3 windshields in 233K miles. 0 for the JT so far. That said, I think the JT/JL is more prone to edge cracking/chips as the edge is more exposed as the windshield is slated back further than any previous generation Wrangler.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have a Gorilla Glass windshield that cracked almost instantly? Chi

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
2021 Gladiator purchased new in 22, 20k miles so far, no impacts/chips. on a cross country trip turned on defroster, noticed a small crack reflecting light six inches from center, on bottom passenger side, within 12 hours the crack has gone to the other side. I find it interesting the number of failures of GG all beginning in the same location and similar in appearance pictured on this and other forum sites

Jeep Gladiator Anyone have a Gorilla Glass windshield that cracked almost instantly? t5x3217tztui
Looked like same Crack I had.. mine gave up the ghost with about 3k miles on the odometer

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Gorilla not so Gorilla… less than 4000 miles and Replaced through Safelite. Insurance actually put new Gorilla back on, but I was debating on if it even mattered…
They replaced mine with GG as well. If they weren't paying for it I wouldn't have bothered. But the JT came with it and I wanted like replacement. Ultimately, I'll pay for it in the monthly rider $10 but that is an easier pill to swallow.

Sponsored

ultragladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Creative
They replaced mine with GG as well. If they weren't paying for it I wouldn't have bothered. But the JT came with it and I wanted like replacement. Ultimately, I'll pay for it in the monthly rider $10 but that is an easier pill to swallow.
Exactly! I pointed it out to the tech and he gave me the ohhhh - let me get that “premium” approved. Lol I also was apparently 1 of 12 he had to replace that day… crazy highway rocks keeping the company in business

foolthrottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Corvette, MG n special, Dodge 4x4, Chry
Occupation
Hippy, Cowboy, Pioneer
Took mine to the dealer, they agreed no impacts, said they will call me when they hear something back from corporate. My thought is there is something very wrong with the glass, manufacture, or mounting, maybe all three.

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I took delivery, woke up the next morning and the GG windshield was cracked all the way across, lol. I took it back and the dealer could not get the replacement, so I had them replace it with the standard glass and throw in window tinting for the cost difference. 10k miles later and all good.
Sponsored