Sponsored

Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet?

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Have you tried using the Mopar performance filter that came with the CAI kit and if so, how does it compare to the K&N and AFE?
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Have you tried using the Mopar performance filter that came with the CAI kit and if so, how does it compare to the K&N and AFE?

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Thanks for the video Kurt.

Interested in selling it? I have the Mopar Snorkel Kit waiting to be installed this spring and want to pair it with a performance filter (Mopar or AFE).

Will eventually go Mopar CAI to pair it with the snorkel kit.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thanks for the video Kurt.

Interested in selling it? I have the Mopar Snorkel Kit waiting to be installed this spring and want to pair it with a performance filter (Mopar or AFE).

Will eventually go Mopar CAI to pair it with the snorkel kit.
i think im going to keep it from a warranty perspective. You can have the KN if you want it. Just cover shipping.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I stopped by the parts department while getting my oil changed. He quoted me $530. I questioned the price, since retail is only $445. He checked and lowered his price to retail, and said it could be here Tuesday. I told him not at that price. No offer of any discount or effort to make the sale.

Sponsored

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
I stopped by the parts department while getting my oil changed. He quoted me $530. I questioned the price, since retail is only $445. He checked and lowered his price to retail, and said it could be here Tuesday. I told him not at that price. No offer of any discount or effort to make the sale.
I just bought mine from BAM for $372 (with tax, shipping, etc.). Should be here Mon or Tues. Take a look at BAM.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought mine from BAM for $372 (with tax, shipping, etc.). Should be here Mon or Tues. Take a look at BAM.
I sent a message to AllMoparParts to see what they will do, since they are a forum sponsor. The price from BAM would be about what you paid. I called another dealer, who had it in stock, and they quoted $560. They also wouldn't go below retail.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
BAM is the cheapest, at $352, but want almost $25 for shipping. AllMoparParts is $387, but gave me a code for free shipping. Since they are a forum sponsor, I'm going to give them a try for the $10 difference. I buy a lot off of Amazon. They are usually cheaper, and I can have it in two days or less. For this item, it's only third-party sellers. It is $395, a week to deliver, and I would have to pay sales tax.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
You could try Athens Dodge, they gave me a great deal on the Trail Rails at $295.05 delivered, no tax. They usually have a code for free shipping up to $100 value, not including oversize items.

Athens Dodge

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I received mine and installed it today. Real easy to do. It was overdue for a change, so I put in a new paper filter, and replaced the cabin air filter. At this point, I don't plan to cut the hood and install the vent. I'm going to hold on to the washable filter, maybe install it when the next change is due. The differences in the size and design are interesting. I'm guessing it must be for overall noise control. It does seem to have a little deeper noise, but I never really paid much attention before.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? 20210211_153343
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? 20210211_161312
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? 20210211_154603

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I received mine and installed it today. Real easy to do. It was overdue for a change, so I put in a new paper filter, and replaced the cabin air filter. At this point, I don't plan to cut the hood and install the vent. I'm going to hold on to the washable filter, maybe install it when the next change is due. The differences in the size and design are interesting. I'm guessing it must be for overall noise control. It does seem to have a little deeper noise, but I never really paid much attention before.

Nice. Did you pick a tuner yet?

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Is there any real benefit to the Mopar intake if you don't use the hood vent? Without the hood vent Id think that it wouldn't provide any more benefit than a hi-flow air filter would in the stock airbox.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any real benefit to the Mopar intake if you don't use the hood vent? Without the hood vent Id think that it wouldn't provide any more benefit than a hi-flow air filter would in the stock airbox.
I think there is some benefit. It is a larger, straight tube. The stock tube has three odd shaped dead-end extensions that catch air. It would probably be better with the vent and a larger exhaust, like the AWE Trail.

ForChem

First Name
Orely
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? 1614108619654

Does anyone have any thoughts on K&N vs the Mopar CAI? The thought of cutting the hood and then having to cover it when it rains sounds like a pain (although it does look cool). I was not sure if going with the K&N would void any warranty. They claim 100K cleaning on the element and it is oil free so it seems low maintenance once installed.
Sponsored