Sponsored

Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
For those interested I finally cut the hood vent in recently. My video is the one listed earlier so this is part 2. I guess these are now a $495 option from the factory. Well worth it if your interested. Cutting this in was not hard but I was shitting my pants.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
For those interested I finally cut the hood vent in recently. My video is the one listed earlier so this is part 2. I guess these are now a $495 option from the factory. Well worth it if your interested. Cutting this in was not hard but I was shitting my pants.

balls of steel my dude. Well done!

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Sat on this purchase for over a thousand miles and decided to pull the trigger. Puckered at the thought of cutting my hood but figured what the hell.

So far - I am happy with the combo of Mopar Cold Air Intake and Mopar Performance Exhaust. Do I think my exhaust sounds better...yup. Can I say this had little or no impact to cab noise (unlike others I have installed that you hear it sucking air)...yup. Would I buy and install it again.....yup.

Additional horsepower? Not going to, won't do it, cant say it made a positive or negative impact.

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3125.JPG

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Did this make no sound and no horsepower change?
I was considering this as I want to add a snorkel and I wanted some addition induction noise. Does this not give any induction noise ?

Sat on this purchase for over a thousand miles and decided to pull the trigger. Puckered at the thought of cutting my hood but figured what the hell.

So far - I am happy with the combo of Mopar Cold Air Intake and Mopar Performance Exhaust. Do I think my exhaust sounds better...yup. Can I say this had little or no impact to cab noise (unlike others I have installed that you hear it sucking air)...yup. Would I buy and install it again.....yup.

Additional horsepower? Not going to, won't do it, cant say it made a positive or negative impact.

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3125.JPG

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Did this make no sound and no horsepower change?
I was considering this as I want to add a snorkel and I wanted some addition induction noise. Does this not give any induction noise ?
No induction noise increase over stock. Maybe a little bit of an increase in low end torque but no noticeable horsepower increase. Slight increase in fuel mileage but nothing worth writing home about. Net/Net I would say negligible if any performance improvements. I would still do it again as I have not seen another one and like how it lowered/deepened the sound of the Mopar performance exhaust.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I do notice more noise now that Its warm enough to take the top down. I also get quite a few jeeps staring at it.

I guess the factory option does NOT include the hood cut. A member on the JL forum got the option and the vent kit was in the trunk.

Coyotesong

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Have you notice any difference in mileage with the Mopar cai ?

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Slight increase in fuel mileage but nothing worth writing home about.

hayasa

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Any idea why this can't be installed on the Mojave? I see the comment on the Mopar catalog when I was searching for future parts.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Any idea why this can't be installed on the Mojave? I see the comment on the Mopar catalog when I was searching for future parts.
Maybe because of the decal where the hole is supposed to go?

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mojave hood is higher with diffrent “profile”, the outside inlet probably won’t match up.

UncleChanBlake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education

You’re a braver man than I.

JMGage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
I searched the forum, Youtube and Google and unable to locate any decent threads on this topic. If I suck and this has already been discussed, debated, fought about and all the worlds problems solved please feel free to share the link and I will go lie down by my dish.

Let me start by acknowledging this may or may not enhance the performance of my rig. I have read all the other generic cold air intake threads, watched videos etc etc and still going to proceed. I have already purchased the Mopar Cold Air Intake (Part # 77072433AC) along with Mopar cat back exhaust and a crap load of other goodies so this is less about the value or lack there of cold air intakes and more about this specific intake .

Ultimately my question for today is......has anyone installed this? If so did you do it yourself or have the dealership do it? Do you lose the Rubicon on the hood? For the record I was going to take it off anyway but still wondering. Any other feedback regarding this specific cold air intake, install, performance, noise level etc is welcomed and greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback Dan. Do you or anyone you know have real life experience with this specific cold air intake on this specific vehicle? I am struggling to find anyone, any blog(s), any videos of this part number getting installed on a JT.
Got mine installed last week. Happy with it, and it does as expected
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? A09E92F9-D685-48C0-BA63-F43FB08FCABE
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? 04416138-2853-4EF6-B71E-1E1277545892
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? 01AF2261-FDEE-444A-9BEE-EE21B9AEA582
Jeep Gladiator Anyone Install Mopar Cold Air Intake Yet? 05836A31-9579-4586-A192-ED757411E0A1

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
i have one on my Mojave. The vent just wasnt designed for the mojave hood, but you could make it work. I did not cut my hood, however.

113.5mi highway trip yesterday and got 22mpg with it on 37’s and stock 4.10 gears. It pairs great with a Pulsar.